Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 06:28 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

What about this guy's? No brakes? Because first the front hits, panic's then puts it in reverse, with still no brakes, bang hits the neighbors house backwards. But the important thing here, he panic's, I just bet. never thought to turn the key off. Odd's are a Auto. Makes sense??

Last edited by Alfa02; 02-08-2018 at 06:30 PM..
Old 02-09-2018, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR fat block tko 600 9"
Not Ranked     

I've seen this type of accident happen several times at dealerships I've worked at. Sometimes people die. When in full panic mode clear thinking flies out the window. Remote starter buttons for bumping a motor around can be very dangerous if you're distracted for example. Not limited to autos, manuals can do it too. Reaching in to crank an engine can be a heartbreaker also. I once saw a coworker reach in to turn key and to motorized sholder belt wrapped around his neck and pulled him away from the ignition switch so he couldn't turn it off. He made comical noises.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     

A sad situation. There is alway the possibility that when pressed on the brake the peddle went to the floor, an with the close proximity of the peddles he also depressed the gas unknowingly. (with the power that may be here it could over power the brakes easily). Also to the other members here; don't be so critical of the owners driving skills, it could happen to you too. Plus there was know mention that there was anyone in the car at the time.

Mark.
Ozzie Goat likes this.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto One View Post
Plus there was know mention that there was anyone in the car at the time.
Yes, kind of like that TV show in the 60's where a guy buys an old Porter touring car and finds out the ghost of his mom lives in it. But, in this case, it's the ghost of his ex-mistress and she's really out to pay him back....
Old 02-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Yes, kind of like that TV show in the 60's where a guy buys an old Porter touring car and finds out the ghost of his mom lives in it. But, in this case, it's the ghost of his ex-mistress and she's really out to pay him back....
Ya, that went WAY over my head. Not sure what TV show is being referred to and I've never heard of a "Porter touring car."

I could google it, but I'm too lazy.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 GT350, FFR Daytona Coupe
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Crash

I dont think the owner was in the vehicle. He did the shift from outside and off it took without any way to try to stop or slow.
Thats why he s not talking about the circumstances.

The Nut.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Ya, that went WAY over my head. Not sure what TV show is being referred to and I've never heard of a "Porter touring car."

I could google it, but I'm too lazy.
Here you go: My Mother the Car (TV Series 1965
Old 02-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ya, looks terrible, but I see "Coach" was the star of the show.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm kinda curious, does anyone know which Cobra manufacturer made this particular Cobra?
Old 02-10-2018, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonut48 View Post
I dont think the owner was in the vehicle. He did the shift from outside and off it took without any way to try to stop or slow.
Thats why he s not talking about the circumstances.

The Nut.
Then he would have had to repeat the same mistake twice in a row since it first went forward into the wall of his garage and then into reverse before heading over to the neighbors.
If a car lurches forward on its own under power into a wall, I don't think reaching in and shifting it into reverse is a logical or likely reaction. I would think someone in the driver's seat would be more inclined to do that, thinking he has control of the car. But who knows? It's an unfortunate situation regardless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 02-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Then he would have had to repeat the same mistake twice in a row...
I find that if I repeat my mistakes twice in a row I get considerably better at them.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I suppose it's always nice to be good at something

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 02-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

One time, when I started my car (sitting in the seat, tranny in neutral), the internal contacts in the starter solenoid welded or stuck together, and the engine began running and grinding the starter at the same time. Shutting off the key killed the engine, but did nothing to stop the starter from continuing to turn the engine over. I jumped out and opened the trunk to access the battery shut-off switch I had mounted in there. It was an old, used, solenoid that I had used, trying to cut expenses. The new solenoid has done fine for the last 25 years now, but that first one certainly caused quite a stir. I wonder if something like this could have happened in this instance...
Old 02-10-2018, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Don't know exactly what happened, but if the car has an automatic transmission, it happened to my across the street neighbor in the eighties. She rammed her garage then got it in reverse, came across the street and up my driveway, under our 240z, and stood the Z on its nose against the roof gutters of my garage. The Z was pushed into the garage door and into my boat and trailer. The trailer was slammed back into the hot water heater, which crushed, saving the kitchen wall. totaled the Z, screwed up my trailer and pushed the garage eves and gutter up about 10 inches. Also ripped the brick trim in the house loose.....no one was hurt, thank goodness! She said her high heel got stuck in the pedals.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR 3099 View Post
She said her high heel got stuck in the pedals.
Well, if this guy had been RodKnock, instead, then I would be pretty sure the same thing happened here.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well, if this guy had been RodKnock, instead, then I would be pretty sure the same thing happened here.

The old Patrick is back.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
A very insensitive anti-LBGTQ statement. I’m disappointed in Patrick.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
One time, when I started my car (sitting in the seat, tranny in neutral), the internal contacts in the starter solenoid welded or stuck together, and the engine began running and grinding the starter at the same time. Shutting off the key killed the engine, but did nothing to stop the starter from continuing to turn the engine over. I jumped out and opened the trunk to access the battery shut-off switch I had mounted in there. It was an old, used, solenoid that I had used, trying to cut expenses. The new solenoid has done fine for the last 25 years now, but that first one certainly caused quite a stir. I wonder if something like this could have happened in this instance...
Not in this case.
The engine needs to be running for the transmission to operate.
At least, you had your thinking cap on, and handling your situation accordingly.
Unlike this Cobra that ended up across the road.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: