Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   2018 norcal toy run "official announcement" (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/141765-2018-norcal-toy-run-official-announcement.html)

Igofastr 12-02-2018 10:34 PM

2018 norcal toy run "official announcement"

It's that time of year again. Thanks to those who have expressed interest, the annual Toy Run is on again. Be prepared to brave the cold and rain, but hope for sun and warmth, this is a rain or shine event. If it comes to it, you’ll be able to park in a covered garage, so your baby won’t get too wet (your wife might be able to stay dry too)

When: Saturday, 8 am, December 15

Where: First meet at Perko’s for breakfast (arrive 8 am-ish), then caravan over to Sutter Medical Center Sacramento (10:30 am)

What: Fun, merriment, and generosity.

As usual, the Hospital requests that we bring unwrapped stuffed animals, play doh, current movies/music, Fisher Price doctor kits, infant mobiles, rattles, crib toys…Remember, there are kids from infants to teenagers. But please, no guns, knives, swords, small balls or other choking hazards.

Here is a link to a Child Life special Amazon wish list: bit.ly/sutterpedschildlife
(its a little fiddly, but it works says my wife)

Once again, Child Life has a specific request for DVDs. The following is a comprehensive list. If you choose to donate one, let me know so I can take it off of the list.

Mulan
Incredibles 2
Solo-A Star Wars Story
Star Wars-The Last Jedi
Dr. Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy – Volume 2
Wrinkle In Time
Pitch Perfect 3
Mamma Mia 2

SPECIAL NOTE: WE WILL HAVE HELP WITH PARKING, BUT WE'VE BEEN SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED TO LIMIT ENGINE NOISE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE (I know, party poopers).

Map to Perko's
https://www.bing.com/search?q=9647+M...a958f79913ad2f

Map to Sutter Medical Center
https://www.bing.com/search?q=sutter...+ca&FORM=R5FD1

Just thought I'd add some written driving instructions:

Business 80 to N street exit. Stay in left lane, go two blocks to L street. Turn left under the freeway, and immediately turn left again on 29th and take an almost immediate left into the parking lot. Head up to the upper deck, and you will be guided to our reserved spaces. See you there.

Let me know if you're coming so I can make sure we have enough spaces reserved for everyone. And please come even if your Cobra is out of commission. I'll almost certainly be driving something other than a cobra or GT 40.

pgermond 12-03-2018 12:11 PM

Good deal, Ron. Looking forward to it and thanks again!

johnc427 12-03-2018 03:07 PM

will be there.

decooney 12-03-2018 05:21 PM

Thanks Ron for getting us all set up. See you then. Duane

SN8K IS 12-04-2018 07:03 AM

12/15/18 Toy Run

Ron:

Thanks for organizing this, always a high point of the holiday season! We'll be there, but likely in our truck as the snake is making odd noises.

ACHiPo 12-04-2018 08:09 PM

I'd be interested in joining from E. Bay if the weather cooperates.

pgermond 12-04-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHiPo (Post 1454798)

The more the merrier! Hope to see you.

pgermond 12-05-2018 08:42 AM

Ron,

We have purchased the following DVDs:

Hotel Transylvania 3
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
The Fate of the Furious

Cruisin428 12-06-2018 08:29 PM

I cant make the maps work, perkos at bradshaw? We intend on being there

FFR 3099 12-07-2018 08:30 AM

I'll be there! thanks for getting this together!

csx2303 12-07-2018 10:46 AM

I will be at Perkos & thank you for organizing the event (besides toys I have CoCo & Spiderman movies). Depending on how cold it is will decide which toy I drive. Probable cannot make it to hospital depending on the time.
Jack

Igofastr 12-07-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisin428 (Post 1454888)
I cant make the maps work, perkos at bradshaw? We intend on being there

Yep, that's the one. I'll have to add some new links.

Glad to see so many of you planning to attend. Look forward to seeing you all again!

Igofastr 12-07-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHiPo (Post 1454798)

Lover to have you. Fingers crossed for good weather!

pgermond 12-07-2018 03:22 PM

From Bob (Clayboy)

For some reason I can’t log on to CC, so here’s what I bought. Four DVD’s. Moana, Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol, and PJ Mask.
See you guys on the event.
Bob

BMEP 12-09-2018 01:15 AM

Maria and I are hoping to make it.

Happy Holidays!

Igofastr 12-09-2018 05:40 PM

Ok,

Glad to see such a response. I've updated the maps, hopefully these links will work. I've also updated the movies list.

Ron

pooreds 12-09-2018 07:29 PM

we will be there !

patf11 12-10-2018 09:53 AM

Ron thanks for arranging this event again.

Unfortunately family health issues will preclude Lisa and my attendance to this year’s event.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate again this year.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas
Patrick

Igofastr 12-10-2018 11:47 AM

Patrick,

Sorry to hear that you and your wife can't make it this year. I'm sure everyone else shares the same feelings. Hope whoever is facing health challenges overcomes them quickly. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Ron

ACHiPo 12-10-2018 06:02 PM

Looks like I won't be able to make it either. Have a great time, stay warm and dry, and get those toys to the kids!