28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2002, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome NorCal Cobras!

We are starting this area of Club Cobra under Local Clubs to allow the Northern California population of Cobra replica owners to have a place to post events, etc. Please feel free to participate and pass this site on to your replica friends in NorCal.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Re: new NorCal Cobras (Local Club Folder)

Mary, Brent,
cc: All NorCal people... (Northern California Cobra people)

good going on getting this set up for us. As we discussed, this could be a good place for our local NorCal folks to list weekend drives, Friday evening hamburger stops, or upcoming meets/shows in our area, whatever... As you know, there are several Cobra people in Placer/Folsom/Sac/Davis area that get together from time to time, but some hear about it on the day of the drive and miss out. I'm a passenger for the moment, will build another car again someday, but still enjoy going to look at the Cobras and seeing who is doing what with their cars lately... (including all brands and types of Cobras and owners that is!)

Also, we can let the folks know at the next NorCal Shelby club meeting know this new Local Club > NorCal folder exists now on Clubcobra. Maybe Roger & Co. can publish the meeting dates here too. I noticed the Local Clubs drop-down menu does not have NorCal listed yet, but maybe we can let Brent know to update it so it shows for ease of access from the home page.

Thanks Brent and Mary.

Duane
Old 11-10-2002, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster/428CJ "The Stretch Limo of Cobras"
Send a message via AIM to Robert T. Faust
Not Ranked     

Are there any groups/clubs in NorCal area that have tee shirts for sale? If so, who can I contact for some?
Old 11-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Re:

Hi Robert,

- specifically for NorCal, I am not aware of any. Its possible the Borden's might have something. And of course, there are several other type Cobra shirts out there sold at track events, historics, etc.

A group of us here in Folsom/El Dorado/Sacramento have considered putting together a NorCal Cobras/Snakes type of T-Shirt and sticker with a logo for our cars. If there was enough of a calling for it, we may do it.

Let me know, and I might try to stir up the troops. It would be nice to have a collar shirt and a sweatshirt.

Duane
Old 12-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to BO DUTCH
Not Ranked     

Duane,

Ah-Ha, I found you !!

When and where for breakfast ?
Send me an e-mail with details.
------------------------------------------
Old 12-02-2002, 05:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

Good Web site Mary,

Breakfast every Saturday morning at Athens Burgers in Dublin, last Saturday there were 35 people and the parking lot was filled with Snakes of many flavors 20+ cobras.

Same time 7:30 AM although there is an early morning arrival competition for the best parking place in the lot and at the table for Breakfast.

Tony R.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re:

Hi Bo,

sorry I missed you. We ended up doing a local thing Saturday with a small group. I put the car night night for the winter now, unless we hear of some kind of winter/holiday group meets. I'm hoping to help some friends build Cobras this winter now that mine is done. I just like building them for some strange reason...

If the guys in Dublin did not meet so early for breakfast, a few of us thought we would drive down from Sac once in a while.

It would be fun to find a nice meeting place in Davis or something, sometime.

See Ya.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi to all at NorCal Cobra

I have just been aimlessly wandering around the corridors of 'Clubcobra' and stumbled into 'NorCal Cobras'.

It sounds interesting what you guys are getting up there in northern California.

You will pick me up on the forum on the Australian Cobra site.

I have just registered.

My email address is;

kni-time@bigpond.com.

I reside in Mt. Gambier South Australia. You may like to try
www.Mt.Gambier.com. this will pick up the city site and give you an overview of Mt. Gambier South Australia.

We are between Adelaide - capital of South Australia and Melbourne - capital of Victoria. Right on the border and 14 mile or so from the southern ocean.

The main reason that I searched and followed the 'clubcobra' site was to gain a better understanding of the events, activities and places to visit in the USA.

I will be travelling to the Australian Cobra Nationals in New South Wales in early October - 4th and 5th October. They have about 110 cobras participating in Drags, Circuit racing and Hill climbs. This is the fourth visit to a Cobra Nationals. I hope to have my car competing this year - if I can decide on the colour to paint it!!

After the Aussie Nationals I fly to L.A California on the 6th/7th of October. I will spend about four days there before driving across to the 'Run N Gun'. I really want to make the big journey as I have been encouraged to drive and see the sights.

It was suggested that I travel up north in California before heading back to L.A. to start the eastern journey. Then I will drive over to Las Vegas and onto St. Louis for the Run N Gun on the 16th of October.

I have telephonned Wayne Turpin the Liaison Officer with the
'Run N Gun' to get some ideas from him.

Anyway, thought that I would send you guys my details to see if you had any ideas on what to see and do when I come up north.??

I am best found on my email which I will put in again at

kni-time@bigpond.com

My post address is

P.O.Box 3471
Mt. Gambier
South Australia 5290
Australia.

Hope to hear from someone in Nocal Cobra

Cheers

Bernie

PS I hope to get some photos on the Aussie site of my car etc. really soon.

Bernie Knight
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-09-2003, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance - Ford Big Block
Not Ranked     

Bernie:
Your plans sound complete so you will have to plan another trip to visit Northern California. Here in the North there are many beautiful roads to take a Cobra down. Check out this website http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm - to see what you missed.
I have visited Mt Gambia although it was some years ago, beautiful city and great people. Still have several friends there in the timber business. Several of us spent one afternoon at the football game there in town. What a time we had.
Dave Jones
Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler, 302 with NOS
Not Ranked     

Robert,
The club has our logo for NorCal Cobras at Replica Productions. Their website is replicapromotions.com or email tfalk@replicapromotions.com Jim in our club first showcased a few articles of clothing and hats a few years ago. I have a sweatshirts with our logo.
Good Luck
Gary
Old 06-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 460 SVO
Not Ranked     

Gary, did you know your answering a 6 year old post

Mel
Old 06-28-2009, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery