LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1411, 302 HO supercharged
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for Cobra people

Helllo All

This is my first time posting so I hope I am doing it right. My name is Vince Elko and I have a FFR and live in Folsom. I met a few people from Norcal at the DMV when we were getting our SB100's. I have not had a chance to meet or drive with other Cobra enthusiasts. Talked with Duane Cooney who suggested posting to get involved. As fun as these cars are, they are only so much fun by yourself. Would love to hook up with others. I am aware of breakfeast on 3rd Sat, however I work for the fire department and sometimes it takes a few months for my Sat scedule off to match up with breakfeast date.
Don, would love to talk with you or put me on your email list. Duane said your are the man. By the way, where in the hell is spell check on this message board.

Thanks for all the help in advance that I am sure I will get.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Ford 392
Not Ranked     

Hi Vince,

welcome in the neighborhood. I am up here in El Dorado Hills. Usally I try to be at the third Saturday meetings. We will probably see each other around here when the sun comes out.
Looking forward to meet you.

Uwe
Old 03-27-2006, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2046; P.E. Aluminum 427 Windsor.
Not Ranked     

Vince,
Welcome to the site. You're right, these cars are great fun by yourself, but hanging out with, and driving around in a group, adds another dimension to the fun.
What color is your roadster? Post a couple of pics to your gallery so we can see what she looks like.
If you can't make the Saturday meetings go ahead and plan a drive or something for a Sunday and let Don know. He will spread the word to the rest of us. You're likely to get a decent turn-out. We don't need much of an excuse to get out of the house(should I say housework?) on a Sunday.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1411, 302 HO supercharged
Not Ranked     
Default Have weekend off, breakfest Sat/Sun

Thanks for the input Jim. I have this weekend off so I would like to put togehter a ride for Sat or Sunday, pending response. Maybe down the river if weather is nice. If interested let me know and I will try and get a head count.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Genesis 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Vince,

I live in Lodi, currently prepping the car for the Knotts show. I would love to get a run together with some local owners.

Chris
Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance with 460
Not Ranked     

I live in Modesto, currently trying to get the car put back together from the wreck that occured on the test drive. I want to attend some Norcal meetings after I get the beast back together and painted.
Jeff McKay
Old 03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Hi Vince,

Welcome to the group.

I have been watching the weather reports for a possible weekend day before responding.

I did go on a small ride today and took some relatives for a somewhat spirited drive.

Hope the weather changes for the better this weekend so we can get a ride.

Maurice
Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Hi Vince,

I just came across this post on the NorCal forum - -welcome! BTW, nice meeting you this weekend. As Jim said, it doesn't take much to get us on the road. Usually it only takes someone suggesting a drive, be it the river, the Gold Country/Hwy 49, Foresthill, etc. As the weather warms some of us do evening rides. Just get your e-mail added to Don D's list. That way you will be informed and will have the list to solicit company.

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/