28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Harley tour Aug

Hi Guys/Gals, Dave from UK, I have just posted my Cobra build update on the Vegas board due to a Query I had about the Shelby tour, just reading some of your posts, the wife and I are picking up a Harley and setting off North for a week taking in the coast up into Oregon and as much as possible, we are spending the second week at a mountain resort in Tahoe, and doing daily trips out from there on the bike.I have been planning the route and reading the post about Rods/Rides I think I'll put that on the list for the Tahoe week, I would appreciate any info/advice about places/good rides/etc, that are striking distance from Tahoe, and as always if I happen to Hook up with anyone on route, more than happy to buy you a beer, regards. Dave
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

There are a lot of things to see around Tahoe, a great ride on the Harley is over Highway 88 to Jackson, and then to Angels Camp, which is the site of the 1849 gold rush. Another possible ride is from Tahoe over the Mt. Rose Highway to Virginia City which is a glitzy rehash of a ghost town, Silver/Gold mining community from the late 1800's. Of course Reno is a good place to go to and based upon timing have different events during the late spring/summer months. Depending upon timing you have the Cobra Bash, Hot August Nights (classic hot rod cars etc.,) or you have Street Vibrations later. Anyhow once you get here contact me and I possibly can arrange to cruise with you, I have a Harley and a Big Dog, depending on the length of the ride I can take one or the other, I can also help you with identifying, possibly, some enyoyable trips.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Thanks Theileng, that would be good, appreciate the offer and will take you up on it, we ride into the Tahoe area Fri 17th, there for a week, the Big Dog is a Custom? my next project will be a Harley Custom, looking forward to The trip already. Regards Dave
Old 04-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Big Dog is the Bull Dog model with a 117 cu inch S&S motor. I changed out the JP heads to S&S and redid the cams, push rods etc., changed out the carburetor, exhaust system and coil to increase spark. The air filter is a K&N cone shaped unit, probably more show than go. The bike is black with ghost flames. Obsession of mine is that I do not keep anything stock, changed out the Electra Glide to a 1550 kit with cams, heads, exhaust etc., and lowered the rear by one inch to make more unique. Same with the SPF cobra, have made about $10k in modifications over the winter months to improve performance and handling. Depending on timing when you are here in August you maybe able to take in Hot August Nights and Street Vibrations both. When the time gets close email me with your contact information and I will do the same.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just looked up on the internet looks like Hot August Nights is July 31 through August 7 and Street Vibrations is between September 19 through Sept 23, so it looks like you will miss both, there is enough to do around here otherwise.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

Keane, do your very utmost to see Yosemite. The scenery you pass to get there will astound you, but the Park itself will leave you breathless.....
Old 04-05-2007, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up re Harley tour

Thanks Guys, shame about the August nights, still as you say there are a million things to see/do, regarding Yosemite couldn't agree more, last year did a trip in May, Picked up a Harley in SF, did the pacific highway South, cut inland, did Sequoia, up to Yosemite couldn't get over the top(snow) tracked South again, did the 395 to Bishop, then down into Death Valley, then on to finish in Vegas and hand the Bike back, had a fantastic time, saw some wonderful sights and met some great people, looking forward to doing the top half!! Dave
Old 04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

Actually Hot August Nights is August 5-12...but it will still be over with before you get here unless you move your trip up a week.

Tom
Old 04-06-2007, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up re Harley trip

Thanks Tom, everything is booked, not to worry, Dave
Old 08-09-2007, 10:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Re Harley tour Aug 07

Well Guys, its almost on us again, fly out from London Heathrow tomorrow Lunch, having dinner in SF Sat eve with a few of the BBF forum guys, pick the bike up Sun, overnighting at Fort Bragg, Harbour, Florence, Bend, Red Bluff, and then a mountain resort just outside Tahoe for the second week, looking foward to the trip, Thieling if you read this before we go, post your cell number and I'll ring you once we get into Tahoe. Thanks Dave
Old 08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Re Harley trip

Hi Guys, just got back from the trip, had a fantastic time, covred 2-1/2 Thousand miles, the west coast up to florence was awesome albeit misty/cold in places, inland some great riding/driving roads, Crater Lake was a must see, the second week in Nevada was 95 every day, Tahoe is a beautiful place to see and more great roads and places to see, Theiling sorry we didn't get to meet up, our resort was only a few miles from Minden(on Foothill Rd) all in all a great trip, looking to possibbly do Idaho or Colorado next year. Regards Dave