14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4812, 511" SHELBY #578, TWM throttles, electromotive EFI/DIS
Not Ranked     
Cool New Years open track @ Thunderhill

I would like to invite a few guys from Nor-Cal Cobras to join a small group of Ford Powered friends for a wide open track day on Friday, Jan 4, 2008. By wide open I mean wide open space to really work on your skills with your car. We are keeping this roster to only fourteen cars. Right now there are seven spots left. The fee for us to have a fully staffed track ( cornermen, track entryman, stand by ambulance and track tow,etc.) comes out to $330 each for fourteen cars. This isn't your typical open track day of three or four twenty minute sessions on a jam packed crowded circuit. This is a full shift of 9 to 5 all you want! Come on and off the circuit as you see fit (we'll break for lunch and rest our necks). Great opportunity to get your car set-up right as you have ALL DAY to make adjustments, note results. We're just friends with a desire for quality time with our beloved cars. No competitive push, no egos. Just develop your driver skills with your car with the kind of track space that we feel this day will deliver, at what we feel is the best price possible, BREAK EVEN. The Thunderhill Raceway track is reserved for our group Jan 4 '08 care of Jeff Davis.

P.M. me for more info and to get your spot saved. We're hoping to make this the worlds smallest annual motorsports classic.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Too bad it's not on a Saturday or Sunday. I would "Love" to have tried this out-John
Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4812, 511" SHELBY #578, TWM throttles, electromotive EFI/DIS
Not Ranked     

By all means, the weekends would be great but they are booked up by the big clubs the whole year through. Fridays are the next best thing. I'll be up at the track this Sunday inviting guys to help us finish out the SMALL roster so think it over. Treat yourself to a day of safe satisfying speeding for less money than one traffic ticket.

So far we have 2 GTD GT40s, 2 CAV GT-40s, (two more are on the fence) a GT-350, my Cobra, a supercharged mini-cooper, a track prepped Mustang. A few more guys are wrestling with thier calenders. We might even take a fifteenth car to keep it to $290 for everybody. But that will be the MAX!

It will be a blast, and a great start to '08.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Why not open it up to around 25 cars to lower the cost per person.(us track guys like cheap track time)Takes the hurt out of taking a day off.
Last Friday at Watkins Glen NY we had Open track all day with 50+ cars registered and at any one time no more than 1/3 of the cars were on the track while the others were making adjustment and such. I don't know how long a course you are running but surely you could run 25 or less cars at a time.

Just an idea to increase partisipation.

RD

BTW the price was $400 ea

Last edited by RACER X #99; 10-19-2007 at 03:57 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Thunderhill in it's largest configuration is 3.0 miles - http://www.thunderhill.com/html/trackmap.html - there is plenty of room for 15 to 20 cars.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the input guys. The core group initially picked the 14 car factor based on what it would take to have a whole day on the track with friends for $300 each. That's actually a little less than we usually pay to be out on the track for four 20 minute sessions with 30 or 40 cars in a group on the track.
The whole point of the exercise, what we all got the biggest kick out of when we first started talking about it, is enjoying the smallest group practically possible as a whole. Maximum track time and space for the money.
You know, it's probably a California thing in that we're fighting traffic every day of your regular life so the last thing you want to see on your day off when you can finally safely haul ass is traffic.
We are just now putting the word out to fill in the rest of the roster. I think it will be a unique experience and value for those who participate.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have used up all my sick this year, so I hope you periodically come back with more opportunities to get some track time in. Thanks, -John
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

I run the NASA events about once a month, usually Saturday and Sunday for roughly the same amount. The NorCal region runs a tight ship and a great group of folks. We just ran TH backwards last weekend and it was a total blast (very fast). My weekday track time is reserved for something special like Laguna Seca or Sears. Sounds like fun though and thanks for asking!

John