Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default North Bay Brunch & Tour, Sunday Nov 1st

Breakfast: - Thanks to a great suggestion from two of our newer members, Don & Susan Muskar, we will have our November 1st brunch at 10 am at the Two Niner Diner, 561 Skyranch Road, Petaluma, CA. This diner is located on the west side of the Petaluma Muni Airport with a nice view of the runway. From personal testimony I've heard and from reading reviews and looking over their menu, they have superb food. The choices are varied and creative. They are known for their homemade corn beef hash according to one source. Apparently this restaurant is a secret treasure for locals. They also have plenty of parking. Hopefully, one of our Petaluma earlybirds can rope off a section of the lot, perhaps along the south fence. Remember that our group is more about the people than the cars, so if its raining or threatening, please join us in your daily driver. Co-pilots (usually the fairer sex) are strongly encouraged to attend. I've told the restaurant to expect 20-26 people. This will be the morning after you "fall behind" to standard time, so remember to re-set your clocks.

Directions: Directions are Simple. From either NB or SB Hwy 101 in Petaluma, take the East Washington Street exit and head east (away from the coast). Go slightly more than a mile on East Washington, then look for the entrance to Petaluma Municipal Airport on the right (south). Turn right, then right again on Skyranch and follow it to the end.

Cruise & Tour: After breakfast we will have a nice cruise east into the rolling foothills, then head south to Infineon Raceway where we can gas up with high octane fuel and have a tour of TSR Racing's shops. The owner, Terry Scarborough, will be our host and will expect us between 11:30 and noon. His company is well known and respected for their restoration, preparation & support of vintage car racing. I've been there a number of times and he often has Cobras, GT40s & Daytona Coupes in his shop as well as other historic racecars. A Lemans winning Viper may be in residence. They did a fantastic job of adding a second roll bar to my Cobra. Here's a link to Terry's website: http://www.tsr-racecars.com/

BACC & NorCal groups are encouraged to attend. Just drop me a PM and let me know how many to expect. Thanks

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Old 10-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

This one is a surprise. I've heard about the Two Niner, but never thought to go there as I just never considered that a restaurant at a small airport could be any good. But it sure looks like it is from what I have read. Good suggestion Don & Susan.

Looking forward to it.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

Looks like good weather. Count me and my co-pilot in. (of course, depends on the Halloween parties! Glad we turn the clocks back)
Ron and Liz
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hey Bob,

There's a good chance Jeannine and I will be there.

Thanks and talk soon, John
Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, the weather looks good. See you guys there.

For those of you unfamiliar with this meet, although you don't see much traffic on this thread, we usually have 8-12 Cobras joining us with spouses. So feel welcome to join us if you've been considering coming out for a ride.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic motor carriages, 351W
Send a message via AIM to jeffandre1
Not Ranked     

I got my first Cobra recently and I've learned a lot in the last few weeks. It needs a bit of work before I'll let other Cobra owners see it and I'm trying to get it in shape as quickly as possible. It's very much of a budget kit, but it's still the coolest car I've ever owned!
I was excited to see a club in the northbay, because I live in Corte Madera. You guys are a club, right? Are you open to other folks joining? Do you guys keep a website?
Thanks, Jeff Broussard.
jeffandre1@aol.com
Old 10-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jeff,

Welcome. We are a a very informal group that gets together the first Sunday of the month. No dues, no rules, no website.... Well, this is our website. We associate ourselves with the BACC and the NorCal groups which both have a forum on this site. BACC also has a website. We do attend each others events.

It would be great to have you join us this month. You don't need to bring your Cobra. We get together regardless of the weather and people drive other cars depending upon weather and other reasons. We don't need to be impressed by your finished car. In fact, it would be fun to see what you are working on. So bring it in whatever shape it is.

Either way, come out and meet us.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic motor carriages, 351W
Send a message via AIM to jeffandre1
Not Ranked     

Thanks Paul,
I have a motorcycle race this weekend, so I won't be able to join you guys. I race off-road motorcycles on many Sundays and the other Sundays I'm a youth leader at my church here in Corte Madera, so it might be a while before I can meet most of you. Still, I would like to keep in touch with the group. I'm enjoying learning more about my Cobra and the whole Cobra community. I'm sending Bob my info. I look forward to meeting you all some day.
Thanks, Jeff Broussard.
jeffandre1@aol.com
415-309-5341
Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

Jeff, as this "car show" season is winding down, just go to any of the local car shows (especially the Ford/Mustang shows) next year and you will run into a bunch of cobra guys. Hopefully, John will put together another Cobra Roundup next year (track day), Duane has his Cobras on Highway 1 drive, and the BACC always meets every Saturday in Livermore and usually has a few driving events. You'll have fun. Don't worry about the cost of your cobra, everyone has different finances and tastes. There was a guy last month at the brunch that had an old Austin Healy frame and serial number with a cobra body.
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default Reminder

Just a short reminder about our breakfast this Sunday morning for those who have "subscribed" to this thread. Unfortunately, Terry Scarborough will be out of town so his shop will NOT be open for tour. However, the cruise to Infineon is still on. There is a car club that has reserved the track Sunday and we can watch them run a few laps (knowing that we could probably whip their collective butts) while we tank up with "real" gas.

PS - Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour Saturday evening. We need that extra hour of sleep.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke