LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default March 7th Cobra Breakfast

MARCH 7th NORTH BAY COBRA BREAKFAST

All Cobra Enthusiasts are invited to our breakfast.

Yvonne and Dave Little have made all the arrangements for our 9 am March 7th Breakfast. {note time change} We will meet at a diner called the Fremont, located at 2660 Fremont Drive, Sonoma. This location is actually about 5 miles south and east of Sonoma and right on Hwys 12/121. They are said to have great food! Dave and Yvonne will get there early to rope off sufficient parking. The dining is "casual upscale diner" whatever that means, and they offer both breakfast and lunch. Here is a review from the Chowhound: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/630026 This roadside diner is rather small and appears as a "hole in the wall" to passing motorists. Look for the turquoise colored building on the north side of 12/121.

After our meal Dave and Yvonne are willing to lead a cruise to a family winery in Glen Ellen that appreciates vintage cars. As an alternative, some may choose to take in the 24 hour LeMons race at Infineon. Perhaps Fred or one of our "Infineon Ambassadors" can wrangle discount tickets? Here's a link to the event: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/sears10/

Remember that our get-togethers are all about friendship. If the weather is threatening, bring your daily driver.

If you plan to attend please RSVP via a PM, thanks.

DIRECTIONS

From SF, South Bay, Marin or Petaluma area: Take Hwy 101 to Hwy 37 east. Stay on 37, past Lakeville Highway, and turn left (north) on Hwy 121 (Arnold Drive) at Sears Point/Infineon. Continue north on 121 about six miles to the junction of Hwys 116 & 121. Turn east (right), staying on 121, also called Fremont Drive. In about a mile you will "pick up" Hwy 12 as you continue east. The Fremont will be about three miles down on the north side of the road in a little community called Schellville.

From Santa Rosa: Take Hwy 12 all the way (Don't take the usual Levaroni bypass). Look for the Fremont after Hwy 12 merges with Hwy 121.

From Sacramento : Take I-80 West to the Hwy 12 (west) exit, and keep on Hwy 12 all the way.

From East Bay: Suggest Eastbound I-80 to Westbound Hwy 37, turning north (right) at Sears Point onto Hwy 121. Continue north on 121 about six miles to the junction of Hwys 116 & 121. Turn east (right), staying on 121, also called Fremont Drive. In about a mile you will "pick up" Hwy 12 as you continue east. The Fremont will be about three miles down on the north side of the road in a little community called Schellville. Check your map - there may be a better route.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Last edited by boblyon1; 03-02-2010 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: time change
Old 02-22-2010, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

Bob,
My cars are now running, the weather should be good, but I have to attend some Rotary training that weekend. Keep me posted for April.
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron - Sorry you and Liz can't make it. You two have been missed. We'll look for you in April.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Old 02-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

The Fremont looks really interesting to me. Should be fun. See you there.

Ron, you're 3 for 3 now. Hope you can join us soon.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

Let's see ... Dec was raining, Jan the cobra electric fuel pump went "click" and Daytona getting a new exhaust, Feb was raining ... I think . March is Rotary training ... Seems to me that you need to pick a different date!
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 02-26-2010, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default TIME CHANGE TO 9AM at The Fremont

David, Paul and I are changing the time of the breakfast from 10 am back to 9 am for logistical reasons. I will try to modify my original post and will send out an email to the "regulars".

This time change is a result of concern regarding the limited seating and parking later in the morning.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

This looks like a good pick to me. I'm looking forward to seeing what this place is like.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron - Since you will be in Rotary training, why not give the keys to Liz? We'd love to see here. (smile)