LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default Denbeste BBQ - Saturday July 13th

Hello North Bay Cobra Lovers -

For our July activity we’ve chosen to forgo our usual breakfast in favor of participation in Bill Denbeste’s annual open-house and barbecue at noon on Saturday, July 13th. Our host has indicated they would like a “head count” from car clubs, so PLEASE RSVP via PM and I’ll give them a ballpark figure.

Most of you have been to one of Bill’s barbecues, but if you haven’t, you’re in for a treat, and the ghost of Carroll Shelby will likely be lurking about. Mr. D has an amazing car collection. Perhaps Michael V or other stalwarts can post some caravan suggestions.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Old 06-16-2013, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 427SO
Not Ranked     

Bob,

I am very new to this Cobra ownership thing (like 4 days now !) so am not familiar with this event. Could you provide some details about location, time, etc.

Thank you

Ted
Old 06-17-2013, 01:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi guys,

What a great location for a BBQ.

The DenBeste cars will amaze. Especially the one or two Cobras - actually 50 plus - hanging on his wall.

Enjoy the day and say Hi for me. Tell them I am enjoying the Shelby 468 in my Kirkham.

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome, Ted

Isn't it great to own a Cobra? Congratulations!!!

Bill Denbeste has a huge warehouse/museum/showroom in Windsor, CA and holds an annual open-house during the summer. Three years ago Carroll Shelby himself made an appearance. Bill is reportedly the largest dealer of Shelby Cobras, engines, and other stuff. Visit his website (below), then click "events" then check out the open-house. Hope to see you there.

DenBeste Motorsports, LLC.

Stay tuned for caravans arriving from various locations. We'd be pleased to have you join us. If you are flying under the "North Bay Cobras" banner let me know so you are counted. There is no charge for the open-house and BBQ.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Bob,

I am not sure if you have been here before..

The showroom - warehouse - is extremely big and is amazing. Without doubt it is the biggest Shelby collection of cars in one location. Not to mention one owner.

I think the racks or pins on the walls to hold the cars are amazing - it took me about 5 minutes for it to sink in at just what I was looking at.

Yes Shelby certainly did hang around there - just check out the number of Shelby Mustangs and Cobras that carry his signature. Take you credit cards as there is quite a collection of red wine there as well with Shelby's logos.

There are a few other cars there as well including VW kombis and Cadillacs etc.

I wish I could be there. Enjoy.

I would highly recommend that your members make the trip and the BBQ...

Make sure they Post some photos...
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 427SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblyon1 View Post
Isn't it great to own a Cobra? Congratulations!!!

Bill Denbeste has a huge warehouse/museum/showroom in Windsor, CA and holds an annual open-house during the summer. Three years ago Carroll Shelby himself made an appearance. Bill is reportedly the largest dealer of Shelby Cobras, engines, and other stuff. Visit his website (below), then click "events" then check out the open-house. Hope to see you there.

DenBeste Motorsports, LLC.

Stay tuned for caravans arriving from various locations. We'd be pleased to have you join us. If you are flying under the "North Bay Cobras" banner let me know so you are counted. There is no charge for the open-house and BBQ.
Bob,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I would really like to make it to the event but right now I've got the Cobra out of commission doing some work on it and I'm not sure if it's going to be on the road by the 13th. It'll be close, so hope to see you there.

Ted
Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Bob, my wife and I would like to RSVP for the Denbeste Open House, July 13th, so please add two. Thanks, Jerry/Cobrastroker
Old 07-11-2013, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Caravan Information

We we have two caravan points for the Denbeste BBQ on Saturday, July 13th. The first meeting spot, for those heading north, is the B of A parking lot at the Lucas Valley/Smith Ranch exit at Hwy 101. Join up with Michael V at 10:15 am. Contact Michael directly if you have any specific questions. Michael has taken care of the head-count. We have 17 cars heading there from North Bay Cobras.

The second spot will be the Shell Station off Shiloh Road at Hwy 101 at 11:20 am. Shiloh Road is north of Santa Rosa but before you get to Windsor. Exit right (east) and make a left turn at the first light which is Hembree Lane. The Shell Station is across the street from the Home Depot parking lot. We will leave no later that 11:30 am

Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I found out about this this AM and was out the door in 10 mins flat!
2 hour drive got me there at noon. WOW, WOW, WOW,is all I can say.
I had no idea this place was so important!!
Lots of Cobras inside and out, plus a ton of Shelby Mustangs.. The parking lot was as good as indoors.
Lot of "real Cobras" to look at. Lots of kit cars as well.
I could not believe he had them stacked on the wall 4 high!! holy crXX!!!! Fiber glass, aluminum and others. WOW wow Wow!!! There was simply too much money to be seen by the eye. Then the motors.. Whew EEE! That is a sight.
They had a really sweet engine in the test cell and it looked like they would be running it, but while I was there it didn't happen.
30 bucks for T shirt was a bit high, so I didn't even bite for a take home shirt.
I did learn that buying a car that is SB100 accepted/registered is a big deal.
Glad to learn that, before I went and bought on that I couldn't drive.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob, Thanks for organizing this event. Simply an incredible display! I was unable to post pics.... without pics no one will believe what we have seen today.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1473 392 cu.in. titanium/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Download them to your gallery. Them we can see them.
Bob