14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     
Default Welcome to the "North Bay Cobras" forum

Hello everyone,This is the first entry in what I hope will become a useful asset to Cobra owners who live in the North San Francisco Bay Area.
This Forum is devoted to those Cobra owners that primarily live in Napa, Sonoma, Marin, and Mendocino counties, although all bay area Cobra owners or others interested in our group or events are all welcome to post or contribute here.
Most of the current North Bay Cobras membership or associates of this group are already members or associated with either the Bay Area Cobra Club ("BACC") or are members or associated with the Sacramento and foothills area Cobra Club or ("Nor-Cal Cobras").
Like those this North Bay group is not a formal "club" and does not have any officers, dues, "official" structure, culture, rules or bylaws, etc. It, like the BACC from which it sprang is dedicated to the concept that ALL its members are "presidents" of the group and all member's ideas, input, and contributions of any kind are of equal value.
This “North Bay Cobras” group exists due to the geographical separation that sometimes makes it difficult for us here in the North Bay to be able to easily participate in events, such as regularly scheduled breakfast, or other casual get togethers with our "BACC" or “Nor Cal Cobras” brethren,
It was established and has grown due to the growing and obvious “need” to establish “a community of our own” in our local area. Therefore this North Bay Cobras group now holds its own get togethers and events in places and venues close to our homes and thus more easily attended.
All other "BACC", "Nor-Cal Cobras" or any other interested Cobra owners or "would-be" owners are always welcome at any “North Bay Cobras” event. We are simply a logical and practical creation dedicated to the needs and the community of Cobra owners in our specific area.
Most of us are also members of either Nor Cal Cobras or BACC as well as other groups such as the Northern California Kit Car Club or Nor Cal Shelby Club, etc. It never hurts to have more than one group membership as each may serve one in differing and complimentary ways.
This group evolved to fill an obvious need and by natural genesis through the original impetus of "BACC" member Don Raye (Petaluma) and the essential contributive efforts of both Paul ( Petaluma), and Bob (Santa Rosa) back in November 2008. We later received valuable input and help through the efforts of Napa "Nor-Cal Cobras" member John (Thunderhill/Cobra Roundup) as well as overwhelming support and generous efforts from all of our current group/members which have grown from 9 cars and 15 attendees at that first breakfast to what is now approaching almost 60 members and nearly 30 Cobra cars.
So to all of you in, or curious about, the "North Bay Cobras" group I welcome you all and hope that this new forum will serve all of us well in providing useful and timely information on our group and any group concerns, event or inquiries. I know it will take some time to develop but in time I hope it will prove useful.
Sincerely, Don & Jacquie Raye

Last edited by donraye; 09-07-2009 at 04:13 PM..
Old 06-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Good introduction and summary Don. Who knew there were that many Cobras in the North Bay or such interest in getting together every month.

When I first saw posts from you talking about a problem you were having with hinges, I saw that it was from a guy in my town who I never met. Meanwhile, it frustrated me that those guys in the south and east bays were having fun getting together one or more times a month and it just was just too far to go to meet up with them at 7:00am! But here is a guy in my own town. I wondered how many of us there were.

A note to you followed by you talking to Bob (with all his contacts) and the rest is history. We've had a great time so far and I look forward to the summer and fall get togethers.

Hey Bob, what's up for the June breakfast?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

You guys are a great group and glad there’s a place you can call home here on CC. I’m really impressed with how fast this club has come together and the size it’s becoming. Just goes to show, there’s lots of snakes out here in the sticks!

Congrats to all those in North Bay Cobras and be sure to let us know about any upcoming events!

Talk soon, John

Ps, Oh yes, and let's not forget to thank Brent (Club Cobra) too, gang!!

Last edited by jmarsey; 06-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Thank you Brent!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Cool, your own forum.

Hmmm. Maybe we need a Silicon Valley Cobra Club forum?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Hello to North Bay Cobras

If the NorthBay Cobra group decides on a monthly meetup day each month, let us know and maybe some time we can have the NorCal group come down and meet you guys for a drive or something.

Keep it loose and have fun!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

SVCC. -- I like it.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Duane,

We have decided on a monthly meet and have been doing so for 6 months now, with a nice crowd consistently showing up. Everyone is more than welcome to join us every first Sunday of the month. Locations and times change, but you can come here to get the details.

I believe a couple of the guys are planning a special meet for August that should be of interest to the NorCal, BACC, and SVCC clubs.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cutting Edge Replicas, 427 World block SBF, TWM Injection
Not Ranked     

I attended the North Bay Cobra meet a couple of months ago at Wipe Out and can say that it's a great group of people. One of the interesting differences is that there were lots of women there for brunch. I live in SF, so going north or south is easier than going to Livermore at 7-8AM. Would like to attend the Nor-Cal brunch at some point. Maybe we should have a San Francisco branch?
Shell Valley Daytona #27
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Should hear something soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
Duane,

We have decided on a monthly meet and have been doing so for 6 months now, with a nice crowd consistently showing up. Everyone is more than welcome to join us every first Sunday of the month. Locations and times change, but you can come here to get the details.

I believe a couple of the guys are planning a special meet for August that should be of interest to the NorCal, BACC, and SVCC clubs.

Paul,
Sounds great. Also, I'm looking forward to that particular August 2nd get-together and formal announcment as well, and do plan to sync up beforehand there with a few folks who are coming to WSCG/CH1 in late September. A little birdie told me today we should see some more official invite details soon on the August deal. Once we do, I plan to post something on the WSCG site and to the NorCal Cobras group so everyone can get it on their calendars from all the regional groups around here. It's all good

Last edited by decooney; 06-02-2009 at 12:47 PM..
Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Duane, the little birdie is hard at work and should be chirping soon with an official announcement.....