14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 03:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     
Default September North Bay Cobras Brunch

From Bob Stinson:
Hello all, Here's the information needed for the North Bay Cobra September brunch. Essentially we will all meet at the "Marin Cheese Factory", go directly on a short drive, then return to the MCF for a "byo" picnic lunch. Rather than repeat everything I'll just attach Fred & Carol's summary below. I will include their email address if anyone wants to contact them directly. Gisela and I will be in Yellowstone at this time, and I think Clive and Linda will be in Europe. You'all should have a conversation regarding the October brunch at this September get-together.
My apologies for not sending these plans out in a more timely manner.
Bob
Original Email from Fred & Carol with picnic specifics below.
Hi All!
I think we finally have this figured out.
Meet at the Marin French Cheese Factory (marinfrenchcheese.com) about 10:30 Sunday Sept. 6th. When you pull into the parking lot from the road go straight to the left of building. There's a big field there and parking on the left. Don't go all the way back. That is reserved for paying folks. Fred and I will ge there early and try to cordon off parking. I will stay and hold our places.
People should bring a picnic lunch and drinks or they can purchase fresh sandwiches and drinks (including wine) at the Cheese Factory deli. They should also bring chairs and/or blankets.
A short ride will leave around 11:00 through Point Reyes Station, Samuel P. Taylor Park, and San Geronimo Valley returning to the Cheese Factory around noon.
Let me know if you have any questions or corrections, etc. Following are directions.

Coming from Santa Rosa/North (if NOT joing the mini group noted below)
Use South Hwy. 101

Take the E. Washington St. Exit (2nd exit)
At the light turn Right on E. Washington St.
Follow E. Washington St. to the 3rd stoplight and turn Left on Lakeville Street.
Turn Right at the next light on "D" Street.
Follow "D" Street 11 miles until you see the only Firehouse. We are just after the Firehouse on the Right side.

Coming from San Francisco or Novato and South. Take
North Hwy. 101

At Novato take the Atherton/ San Marin exit.
At the light turn Left on San Marin Dr.
Follow San Marin Dr. approximately 2 ½ miles to Novato Blvd.
Turn Right on Novato Blvd. And go 7 ½ miles
until it dead ends into Pt. Reyes/Petaluma Rd.
Turn Left on Pt. Reyes-Petaluma Rd. and go 1/3 of a mile just past the firehouse on the Right side

Additional note From Don & Jacquie:
Paul, ourselves and a few others will meet at the Hwy. 101/Lakeville Hwy. Park & Ride at 10:AM so we can "snake" out to the Cheese Factory together. Anyone heading out from Petaluma or norh of there is more than welcome to join us so we can go out as a mini-group just for the extra fun of short group drive to the venue.
Many of you have met at this location for drives to other North Bay events. If you have not, it is located just east/left of the Lakevilel Hwy./116 exit off south bound 101. We will leave promptly at 10:10 and anyone not there bvy then will be on their own again.
At the bottom of the exit ramp simply take a left and go to the next light where you will make a u-turn back under the 101 overpass and get all the way to the right-hand lane to turn right into the Park & Ride lot where we will be waiting for you. (So, if you take this option you will NOT get off at E.Washington Street exit but at the next northbound exit at "Lakevill Hwy/116".)
This should be another fun event and we look forward to a great turnout!
Be there or B, Don & Jacquie

Last edited by donraye; 09-07-2009 at 04:15 PM..
Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

I'm looking forward to this one. Prediction is sunny and 81 degrees. Poifect. A nice ride should build up an appetite for the picnic afterwards.

See you there.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance - Ford Big Block
Not Ranked     

Gents,
Does one have to officially sign up for this event or just show up? I know exactly where MCF is and would love the drive over to meet the group there.
Thanks
Old 08-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lumberman,

No sign ups, just show up. You will see little, if any traffic on this thread. Most of the group learn about these events via private mail. You can expect to see 12 or more Cobras. Many guys bring spouses. I'm especially looking forward to this one with the drive before we have the picnic.

See you there and welcome.

Last edited by Paul F; 08-29-2009 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just a reminder for any and all of you, that you are welcome to join us this Sunday for the drive and picnic.

See you there.