Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Another two officers shot

I was just sick to hear that another two officers were shot in Pierce County last night. This is starting to look like a horrible trend. My heart and prayers go out to both officers and their families. I know them both very well and they are both great guys and are very well respected in our department.

Jake
Old 12-22-2009, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I was just sick to hear that another two officers were shot in Pierce County last night. This is starting to look like a horrible trend. My heart and prayers go out to both officers and their families. I know them both very well and they are both great guys and are very well respected in our department.

Jake
Jake, when i saw it i was hoping you werent working,it hits twice as hard this time of the year and when is it going to stop.I know its not an easy job but please be safe out there we cant afford to lose anymore.Happy Holidays...
Old 12-22-2009, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Officers Shot

Jake,

When I heard about this on the news this morning I though of you, so we are at least glad to hear you were not involved. It makes me sick to hear about this kind of stuff happpening to officers that are just trying to keep the peace and protect John Q. Public. What is worse it appears to be another s--- bag that the system should have locked up. Hopefully both officers will make full recoveries.

Take care of yourself.

Dale & Gloria McBain
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Lots of info here:
http://policelink.monster.com/news/a...wa-perp-killed

And I just got this from NLEOMF:

As the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund prepares to release our preliminary 2009 law enforcement fatality report next week, two clear headlines are emerging:

1. Compared with 2008, the total number of line-of-duty deaths is down about 5% this year – to the lowest number in five decades!

2. However, the number of officers shot and killed is up in 2009, driven by an alarming rise in incidents in which multiple officers were targeted.

Fewer officers lost overall in 2009 is certainly encouraging. Our upcoming Research Bulletin will detail the areas where improvements have been made in saving officers’ lives. The report will provide the type of detailed data which has become a signature service the Memorial Fund provides to the law enforcement community and the public at large.
But the encouraging news on officer safety is offset by a sharp increase in ambush and rampage-style assaults on our officers. In five communities this year – Oakland, Pittsburgh, Okaloosa County (FL), Seminole County (OK) and Lakewood (WA) – more than one officer was gunned down by the same offender. These and other brutal attacks on law enforcement have taken a huge toll on the departments in which these officers served and the communities they protected.
Officer David Wong of the Oakland Police Department knows this first hand. In March, Oakland lost four officers to an armed offender following a traffic stop and barricade, and Officer Wong was among those honoring the Lakewood Police Department when four of its officers were executed in late November by a career criminal who specifically targeted them in a local coffee shop.
"It certainly brings up a lot of uneasy feelings to say the least, "Officer Wong told The Oakland Tribune. "For a lot of us, it's still pretty fresh…. We do kind of put ourselves in harm's way when we swear the oath and put on the badge and the uniform, but something like that where it's so calculated — if an officer were engaged in some kind of chase or some kind of combative encounter, that's different. But just sitting there, starting their shifts, it puts it in a different perspective."

Stats:
http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/

NLEOMF Research Team

If you're on the job guys, watch your six. It's getting ugly out there.

Steve
Old 12-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Both of these reports have turned my thoughts to you and another officer Karen and I know. In each case our thoughts and prayers have gone out to both of you.

While we personally do not know the officers shot, our prayers now go to them and their families.

Stay safe out there Jake. Our world seems to get a little worse with each passing day.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Terrible. You feel for the families of these Officers. Just isn't fair or right.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

When I heard of this, mine thoughts were of you and Scott. The Lakewood shootings scared the hell out of me and now this. WTF is going on. I have many friends in law enforcement and my prayers are with all of those that protect us.

Jim
Old 12-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

I was an instructor in our State Police academy for years. It was heartbreaking to befriend these eager young men and women and invest in them, trying to pass along the benefit of your study and experience, just to have some scuzzbucket shoot them to death for no good reason. I'm unable to describe the feeling adequately. You just have to experience it to know the frustration and anger and sadness.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-450 HP 460
Not Ranked     

Jake,

I was shocked to hear the news this morning. Glad to hear you were not involved. I hope your friends make a full recovery. Thanks to you and all who serve.
Take care and be safe.

Ray
Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #SP01133, Blue with white stripes, 351W
Not Ranked     

Jake,
Thanks for taking the time to post about this. Both Nick and Kent are good cops, fathers, husbands, and friends. I pray that they both fully recover. I'm not sure what the answer is to what has been going on here in Pierce County the last couple weeks. I know that I and many of my fellow deputies have been stopped by strangers and thanked for our service over the last couple weeks, so I know there are still folks out there that appreciate the police unfortunately there is another growing group that is quick to commit acts of violence against the police. It is nice to see all of the comments posted from the Cobra family in support of the police. Your comments and support are appreciated.
Please keep Nick, Kent and their families in your prayers.

Thank you
Scott
Old 12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     

Jake, Scott
My heart goes out to guys ,co wokers and family. My wife had just got off at the ICU unit and call me telling about the shootings. As just one of the guys I hope you all know how much we care and that people are telling you office as so often we go thru life not telling the ones that count how much we care.

Andy
Old 12-23-2009, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

As an individual that has experienced a lot of that type stuff over my 58 years, it is never easy.
My best to the families in this trying time.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Lakewood police officer pens Christmas story:
A touching reminder that many, many do care and care alot.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/stree...ristmas-story/

Steve
Old 12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII #3133 3:27 Pin Width IRS, Carb'd Explorer 302 w/GT40P Heads, 3550 Mid Shift, Power Brake Mod, 15" Torque Thrust D's
Not Ranked     

Very sad Jake. Be safe out there.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

Sad world we live in....I'm retired after 38 years and I've lost too many friends in this way. Stay safe and you're all in my prayers.

Tom
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Very Sad for the families.

Hi,
Just a horrible way to end the year, hopefully 2010 will be safe.
I followed the service for the 4 officers,it's a great community, even alot of red uniformed Mounties were there. Sorry to hear one more passed.
Keep safe.
Perry.