Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2001, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Should we try to get together?

Things seem really slow right now. Maybe it’s the cool weather and we are all ready to hibernate for the winter.
Since the subject of having an organization meeting was brought up at breakfast before the Snohomish car show,
I thought I’d throw it out again for any reaction.

Last spring we tried to meet, but the weather didn’t cooperate, we couldn’t drive our cobras and it was a non-event.
We need to set a date and come in our daily drives and take the weather component out of the equation.

Just something else to throw out there, how about a pre-holiday party (say the 1st or 2nd week of Dec.) and then a meet then another meeting in late February or early March.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roger - Count me in.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Me too!

Rich
Old 10-11-2001, 05:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Gtreat idea, count me in. I know.....let's all meet a Zderf's place.

Bish
Old 10-11-2001, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     

I think I can negotiate myself into attending one more get together this year. It's a good time, before my Winter Cobra projects start. That may take some negotiating too.

Todd
Old 10-12-2001, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

For the prepossess of this thread, we are talking about organizing the Northwest Cobra owners in the greater Puget Sound area. I know there is a great contribution to this site by the Portland area, eastern Oregon and eastern Washington, but one step at a time.

I am hoping someone with previous car club experience will "pick the ball up and run" with this idea but in the mean time I have a couple of ideas for a meeting place. I think in the past, the meetings were proposed somewhere between Seattle, Olympia and Tacoma. I will look into places in South Center and Federal Way area. Maybe someone from the Tacoma area could throw out some ideas.
Old 10-12-2001, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A meeting with indoor Karting

Here's one idea. Indoor go-karting at Sykart Indoor Racing Center, 17450 W. Valley Hwy., Tukwila. With ten or more people we could have our own 10 minutes of track time for $15.00. They have a large meeting room for $40/hr., so with those ten people it would be $19 for the first race and then $15 after that. If we thought we were going to race more that four time ($60 for 40 min.) we could rent the track by the hour at $600.00 / hr. Obviously if we had more than ten people the cost per person would go down.

Thursday thru Sunday is there busiest time but right now they are mostly open the last of Nov. - first of Dec. The WASAAC held a similar outing in Bellevue and it seemed to go well.

Is this to ambitious? Do you think we should meet for an afternoon lunch at a restaurant?

www.sykart.com
Old 10-12-2001, 06:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roger,

Think it would work best if we met for a social lunch first. We can get to know each other face to face and discuss what we would like to do. Think getting together a number of time during the winter is a great idea.

Bish
Old 10-12-2001, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

How about...we meet somewhere for lunch and then head to the go-kart track?

Rich
Old 10-13-2001, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

I'm up for a lunch, as long as Bish doesn't bring Adam. Hey Bish are there any good winery's in your area??
Old 10-13-2001, 10:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Keith,

Adam can make it at Christmas time, but in the mean time I have this "friend" from Lithuania. Used to be a pusher on the Lithuanian Bob Sled team. He will be a big help with my car.

I'm sure if we check with Walt we can find a closed winery to tour somewhere close by. The rest of the NWCC really needs to be exposed to one of Walt's "Closed Winery" tours.

Let's all get together, sounds like a lot of fun.

Bish
Old 10-18-2001, 01:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

Hi All,

Anything more definative yet? I'm too far away to make any proposals, but I'll certainly come down out of the far north. Some one make some noise...too quiet around here.

Bish
Old 10-18-2001, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Red face HELP!!!

Saw my name in vain... OK. Lets rock. 1st one was down south South Center: Winners). Last gathering of this nature was up north (Red Hook).

How about out west in West Seattle??? Say at one of the nice hangleburger establishments on the Alki shore?

Lets shoot for Saturday November 3rd, 12:00pm - 2:30pm. If the weathers right, drive the snakes.. if not, then the Fairlane.. or the boat.

Just a thought. At least it gets the dialog going.

Tootles...

Zderf (AKA Trouble Maker)
Old 10-18-2001, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nov 3rd it is. I like the plan of meeting somewhere central. Alki is fine with me.
Old 10-18-2001, 02:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Jeeze, that was a quick response! Zounds gud to me. Nov 3rd, Alki at noon. Will await further info as to the 'zact place.

Bish
Old 10-18-2001, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     

That should be fine, but I'll have to make it quick. It's still too early to bring Lauren, and she just misses me so much when I'm away

However, what about this Saturday! It's short notice but the weather is suppose to be great. Chances are that Nov 3 will not be as nice. Just a thought?

See ya,
Todd
Old 10-18-2001, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here's the weather report for Saturday.

Partly Cloudy Hi: 53°F
Wind: From the North at 6 mph
Chance of Precip.: 10 %
Max. Humidity: 81 %

Let's do something. I'd like to get out one more time before the car goes up on jackstands for an extended period (front suspension rebuild, new u-joints, driveline hoop, gearset, shoulder harness mounting points, etc...).

Rich
Old 10-19-2001, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default West Seattle!

The trouble Maker is back. Haven't seen a post from you in - Oh- two or three days.

I was thinking of meeting at a central location, but West Seattle is a long way from anywhere. This is good because it ia as far from Woodinville as Marysville. (Just thinking of your long drive Bish and all the people down south.)

Just kidding. West Seattle works for me. In fact anywhere
works. Z-man pick a restaurant - Nov. 3rd is great. Let's do it.
Old 10-19-2001, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Details

This Saturday doesn't work for me... but I encourage everyone who can to get out, do take what might be this year's last drive.

If the 3rd is still another active venue, then lets move forward.

I can't remember the names of the eating establishments along Alki Ave. There are a couple preety good size hamburger places that I hope someone like Bob P might be able to help identify.

Help??

Thanks... Zderf
Old 10-19-2001, 09:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rich

It's unlikely that I will be out and about this Saturday in the Cobra, but it is possible. I'll give you a call if it developes.

Roger

Thank's for your kind thoughts about driving distances, but when you live in MOUNT VERNON you get used to it.

Zderf

Nov. 3rd still works for me. In fact that is the one weekend that really works. Following weekend is SO's B'day and week after that is the opening of the Harry Potter movie, which in this househod is a MAJOR event.

CUL Bish