Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2002, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Historics at Pacific Raceways (SIR) Car Corral

Any interest in attending the Historics as a club in the car corral? The event runs from 7/5 thru 7/7. We should probably hurry up as it's getting close.

For more info, here's a link to the SOVREN web site:
http://www.sovren.org/

Rich
Old 05-16-2002, 12:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Rich,

Would like to go, so count me in. Don't know how many days I can go just yet.

Bish
Old 05-16-2002, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rich,

I think this is a Brent THING or it was last year! Count me in also.

Roger
Old 05-16-2002, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I e-mailed the contact guy for the car corral and he said the info had been sent out to Brent.

Rich
Old 05-18-2002, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     

This is one of the best events of the year, and I have to redeem myself for overheating and blowing a hose last year at the end of the parade laps!

Brent what can we do to help?

Todd
Old 05-21-2002, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

How many years and how many cars before they mention our club in the coral?I thought the last few years we made a great showing.Does the mention of "Cobra" and the law suits going around scare them?What club had more cars than Club Cobra?

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 05-21-2002 at 08:54 PM..
Old 05-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Question

Michael wazzup?

Haave you got things back together yet? Any chance you are going to make the Idaho run?

Bish
Old 05-21-2002, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I got home from my own ordeal in CanCun Sunday actually it was Monday at 3:36 and my intake manifold and carbs were waiting for me behind the door. Monday I delivered the intake to Performance Coating in Auburn.I expect to be putting the top of the engine together this weekend . The trip is a story in itself.I don't know anybody with a gun big enough to make me go back. It was my wife's trip and she had fun so that was the good part.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 05-21-2002 at 09:15 PM..
Old 05-21-2002, 10:43 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Rich, I haven't gotten the info yet, and I got your mail the other day. Could you have them send both of us info again? If you want to run with it, by all means, please do...I appreciate the help!

Also, I agree with Michael, we should be mentioned by now.
Old 05-22-2002, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Brent,

Consider it done. Will get more info out as I receive it.

In the meantime...I need a headcount.

Rich
Old 05-22-2002, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Default I'm in

Pencil me in for now. I've got to check the crystal ball to see if the weather will be naughty or nice and how my 4th will work out with the family stuff.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here's the particulars on the car corral:

(Please note the car corral ticket is for car and DRIVER only. Passengers pay extra)

· The event will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, July 5 - 7, 2002. Ticket prices are the same as last year - $20 for one day and $35 for the weekend for both general admission and for the car corral for a car and driver, reduced price tickets are available for children. General admission tickets may be purchased in advance with the car corral tickets or at the gate on race day.
· Friday, July 5, is a practice day for the racers and a final setup day for vendors, SOVREN, and the Guild. There will be no formal car corral activities on Friday but anyone purchasing a weekend car corral pass will be able to park in the car corral area on Friday.
· The feature for this year's race is the 50th anniversary of Corvette. Dick Guldstrand, who raced Corvettes internationally in the 60's and built many of the GM engines used in road racing cars on the west coast in the 60's and 70's, will be the guest celebrity. The GM Corvette Heritage Tour may be at the track during the race if the logistics can be worked out or SOVREN and the Guild will stage a special Corvette tribute, in any case there will be a number of very special Corvettes on display. We anticipate a large number of Corvettes in the car corral as well.
· Preregistration for the Car Corral is required and there is a limit of 20 cars per club per day. The registration deadline is June 15. After the deadline, clubs may register additional cars, in excess of the 20-car limit, on a space available basis, until the Corral reaches capacity. We will try to accommodate additional cars at the track if there is space in the car corral but these cars may be held outside of the gate until after the parade laps. Please inform your members that they can't expect to just show up and park in the car corral.
· Please send in block requests for car corral tickets! Use the attached registration form and make all checks payable to "SOVREN Guild". Sending in one request for tickets per club ensures that each club has an equal opportunity to register, and avoids confusion over which specific club someone is a member of, for those marques having multiple clubs (Corvette, Porsche, Mustang, etc.). Having the club representative distribute the tickets to the club members also significantly reduces the workload for the car corral coordinator, and saves SOVREN Guild some postage expense.
· Clubs can reserve space in the car corral for an information booth for $20 per day or $35 for the weekend. These booths may be used for distributing information about the club, answering questions about the cars, and as a place for the club members to "set a spell". Although limited amounts of club-related items may be sold in the Car Corral, more general sales must take place in the vendor area.
· The car clubs are invited to help solicit items for the "goody bags" distributed to the Car Corral entrants. These "goody bags" might contain advertising items like key rings, pencils, product samples, and brochures or catalogs put out by automotive dealers or equipment suppliers. Contact one of the Car Corral coordinators with questions or to arrange to get any donated items picked up.
· Clubs can donate $1000 to Children's Hospital by joining the Children's Checkered Flag Club. Your club will be recognized in the race program and with special signs in the car corral. The enclosed letter provides more information about this program.
· Trophies for the "Best" cars entered in the Car Corral in various age categories, as determined by children associated with the event have been an interesting and enjoyable part of the Car Corral for the past few years. Categories planned for this year are: 60's and older, 70's and 80's, and 90's and newer. These are the same categories as last year with the exception that the 40's and older group has been eliminated due to lack of participation. The group for older cars can be added back in easily if there is some advance notice of interest.
· The SOVREN Guild can always use additional help at the race and in preparing for and promoting the race. There are numerous volunteer opportunities - forms and contact information are available on the SOVREN web site (http://www.sovren.org). Volunteers receive complimentary general admission tickets, VIP parking, lunch, refreshments, and a volunteer T-shirt. If you volunteer for 2 or more days, you will receive an invitation to the Saturday "On Track" dinner which includes a silent auction and live entertainment. Students receive a community service certificate from Children's Hospital.
· Donations for the silent auction, held at the Saturday dinner for the racers and volunteers, are always accepted. If you wish to donate items for this auction, contact SOVREN Guild to have them picked up.
· Businesses associated with your club might consider vendor space at the race or advertising in the race program. Additional information can be obtained from the SOVREN Guild contacts listed on the enclosed sheet.
One last note: the Pacific Raceways track is undergoing significant renovation and modification, a process that will continue for a number of years. Right now, no one is certain of exactly how the changes will affect any facet of the Pacific Northwest Historics. While we fully expect all car corral activities to take place, there may be changes in capacity (either increasing or decreasing) and there is a remote possibility that the parade laps will not take place if we can't get the cars on and off the track safely and efficiently. The Guild and SOVREN are communicating about this issue and it looks like we know how to handle the parade laps - it's just a matter of working the details. As we approach the race date our information will improve so please stay in contact. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that your decision to attend will not be affected.
Thank you for your interest in the Pacific Northwest Historics Car Corral and for supporting Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center.

Send me ticket requests & checks and I'll order the tickets. If I can get an accurate (that means you're in) count ahead of time, I'll send the money in to assure us enough space.

Rich Lambert
1413-178th ST SW
Lynnwood, WA 98037
Old 05-22-2002, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here's the count so far:
Me
Bish
Roger
Todd
Michael
Kevin (lightly penciled in)

Rich
Old 05-30-2002, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Make it Ink!

Rich,

I'm in on Saturday so ink me into the corral for a spot. The check is in the mail.

Keep the tools in the box, don't touch drive or even sit in the Cobra until the 6th. Hard to do this weekend with the 70's about!

I'm heading down to Mukilteo this afternoon, yes in the Cobra, with the wif to pick up our matching, absolutely cool, black leather jackets with the highly acclaimed "Blue Cobra" embroidered on the back of them. You WILL be jealous!!!!!

We be plannin'

Kevin

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 05-30-2002 at 01:20 PM..
Old 05-30-2002, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kevin,

Can't wait to see 'em. What if it's like, 80 degrees out on the way over to ID?

Rich
Old 05-30-2002, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Seeking Blue Cobra Shorts

I also have a wide variety of hand picked tee shirts with just the right color of Blue Cobra's on them… so there!

I figure the coats don't show well while driving anyway, but they will make a great seat cover to keep the 80-degree sun off the black leather while were lunchin and telling lies at the road-houses. I guarantee even with sunny hot weather you will see these coats being sported at some point!!!

See any Blue Cobra shorts and socks around?

Kevin