Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     
Default 1st annual Siberian Boise Run

I'va checked myself in Tacoma General to thaw out. Normally I'd do that to aviod the D.T.'s. However, to those who didn't join us you missed an experience. Most was wonderful. Some was just a little cold. I'm sure that most who attended wil get online and imput their two cents. Big time thanks to our fearless leader Bish Wheeler. Their will be stories and pictures to follow I'm sure.
What a blast.
Keith
Old 06-10-2002, 04:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Safely home @4:30, after 1778 very "interesting" and fun miles.
The Eaastern Washington route home was sunny, warm and best of all, it was DRY.

Hope everyone made it home safely and without problems. I may be looking for a tail bone transplant. Exhausted every concievable position in the seat.

Later,

Bish
Old 06-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Great Trip !
Bev and I enjoyed our ' 6 days on the road '.
Many thanks to our gracious host Bish and all the COBRA-HOLICS who made the trip. We will have many memories from the wild weather to pullin' 95 to catch up to our flight leader 'Long John' Bishop. He must be incredibly lucky to not get any tickets at point! ZDERF wasn't so lucky at point and took it in the windshield twice.The poker was good Walt as was all the food we consumed along the way.Thanks also to Neal,Memory and Craig for being our support. I think it'll take a week to clean the car!
Perry & Bev
Old 06-11-2002, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     

I'm sitting at my desk this morning and still hear the drone from my pipes. Had a great time. Can't wait until next year.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

I really missed you guys....Wish I could've been there freezing too, as the best I could do to entertain myself over the weekend was to build a damn concrete block wall/flower bed thingy....Jayzus life sucks without a Cobra!!
Old 06-11-2002, 11:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default What a great bunch!

To all the frozen runners

Guys and Gals, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed being with you all. It seems that misery really does love company! With all the things that went wrong, weather wize, I never heard a cross word or a "wish I had stayed home" remark. Everyone seemed to be having a really good time.

I will never forget holding my breath as we decided to go ahead over Galena summit even with the snow. That run from SV over the summit into Stanley was just out of this world, even chasing that incredible black Ferarri with my engine gasping for air and the side pipes belching black smoke at the 8750 foot level. At each stop everyone jumped out of their cars with a smile on their face and bubbling with a tale of the past leg. Even the State Cop was right out of a Disney movie. When was the last time you heard a Cop say "Hey I am a total Shelby freak"? And then pose for pictures! Or the county Sherriff who looked the other way as we blasted by at 90 mph

Then the run down to Boise from Stanley. If there is a better run than that I sure would like to see it. Fred Hamilton got that whole run on tape......can't wait to see it.

Probably the unsung heros of the whole 5 days were Neal and Memory Meldrum and Craig Vincent. They were always there looking out for us and always happy to help or carry the crap out of our trunks. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart.

I got to know every one a lot better (5 days of pulling together will do that) and I feel like we all really like each other. I thank you all for putting up with my dictatorial anouncments each evening regarding the next days start time. The groans and wize cracks were a blast. I need to thank Dennis Jeager for being willing to put his hands on a Bow Tie engine to fix my choke! Hope you have been able to sleep nights Dennis.

Also a special thank you to the Idaho guys who led the way over the Mountains and conviced us we should push on. Janard Jobes in the black Ferarri, Randy Ragsdale in the red Panterra, Bruce (sorry I missed the last name) and the driver of the blue Ferarri whose name I am embarresed to say I didn't get. A fine bunch of people to whom I hope we can be as accomidating if they come over this way. Also to Alyson and Adam Outen who bailed us out when the dinner plans didn't pan out.

With luck, this run or one like it can become a yearly event.

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 06-11-2002 at 05:11 PM..
Old 06-11-2002, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ / FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Right On...

Hopefully you all made it home without incident. We had a wonderful time. You should be glad you didn't head to the Dalles and on to Yakima on Sunday as there were torrential downpours during several sections of our home bound run.

Next year you'll need to find another chase car as we'll be off the front in an appropriate vehicle!

The Pictures...

Last edited by NealM; 06-11-2002 at 04:01 PM..
Old 06-11-2002, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Ride of My Life!!

Thanks Bish...

If it was not for your hard work putting this thing together.. we'd still be talking about it. Great job!!

I'll never forget it, thats for sure. The Cobra is now a true road warrior.. rode hard and put away wet (I washed it ). Busted windshield, dings, scrapes, and road rash. She's a driver now... Oh, its running great again... sea level works wonders!!

The I5 route was not bad.. got home at 2:45pm... 1703 miles later. Looking back at your mileage estimates... Ummmm. I think Fred H is looking at doing the next eastward trip. I'll advise him to consult you for the mileage.... that way more will show up thinking what an easy drive it will be .

I'll be replacing my ski gloves since they didn't keep me warm. Oh I had 3 fingers removed due to frostbite.... so they won't fit right anymore anyway.

I enjoyed everyone's company very much. What a great group of folks... now I feel like I know everyone.. not just a tag on the web site.

Do go visit the NW Club photo gallery.... lots of great shots are now being posted!!

Come on SUMMER!!!!

Best Regards to all....

Zderf
Old 06-11-2002, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bish,

Thanks for a fantastic road trip. Mich and I had a great time, met a lot of really nice people, and have some great memories to look back on. I know things didn't go exactly as planned, but that contributed to the adventure...and it was an adventure.

Rich
Old 06-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Sorry we had to miss it Although can't say either of us much cared for the weather you encountered since it was kinda nice here .
Well i'm off the crutches and back in pt . hope to see you guys soon
Old 06-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Gary,

Glad you are on the mend. Yeah, the weather was a bit on the "Cool" side but we had a great time. Bet you would have enjoyed.

Don't forget the Port Townsend run on 7/13, the Skagit run on 7/28 and Walt's "Great Escape" on 8/10. Steve Rauch is putting together a run for September (TBA). Hope to meet up with you soon.

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 06-13-2002 at 03:25 PM..