Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2002, 10:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Default Skagit Cruise

Hard to believe but the 28th of July isn't that far away, so I guess I better get some prliminary stuff on the board.

The Skagit cruise and BBQ is on July 28th. As we did last year we will stage at LOWES Home disprovement in Mount Vernon (College way exit) at 0900 and try to get on the road by 0930. We'll head East on College way to Hwy 9, then North to The South Skagit Hwy then East to Concrete where we will cross the river and continue East on Hwy 20, then South on Hwy 530 to Darrington. We stay on 530 to Arlington to I-5 then North to the Conway exit where we head West to LaConner.

We'll enter LaConner at around Noon from the south and do the parade like we did last year then find parking on the North side. The concensus from last year is that folks would like to spend some time in the shops of LaConner, so plan on spending a couple of hours. We will pick a time to regroup, do another parade lap and head out for my place and the BBQ. We should end up at my place by 2:30 +/-.

If you guys don't mind, I could use a contribution of $10 per car to cover the food, beer and furniture rental. Any one who would like to bring a desert or salad or other dish, please do. We can coordinate who will bring what.

I have quite a bit of room here, so anyone who wants to come up on Saturday night is welcome. Bring sleeping bags, tents etc. If we run out of beds there is lots of floor space. The new deck is completed and we have installed a "Clay Pigeon" launcher for trap shooting, so bring your Shot Gun if that kind of thing turns you on. We can do up some burgers, beer and music etc. on Saturday night and coffee on Sunday morning. There are also plenty of Motels up here. Let me know and I will get you the Phone #s.

Like last year, I need to get a general "Head Count" so I will have enough stuff on hand, so if you think you are gonna make the run, add your name to the list.

More later,

Bish

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 06-16-2002 at 07:46 AM..
Old 06-15-2002, 01:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bish

You can count on Brenda and I being there. I don't know about anyone else but I know we can't get a meal like you put out for $10.00 so I will donate 2 of those dead white guys.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will be bring the tentive route for next years run. To let you know there will be a day set aside for the wives to go "SHOP"
Old 06-15-2002, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

Fred, you gotta be careful.
Slabo The Cheap, will get the idea that Lincoln, much less Washington(his favorite), is just as acceptable of a dead white guy as Franklin, Jackson or Hamilton.

Yo, your emmience!! Count on Spike, Moneybags and myself. Maybe one other, if Moneybags gets off his a$$ and invites is girlfriend d'jour.
Simply, Keith
Old 06-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Shopping!

I tell Linda I am going to the shop, she says she is going to "shop"

Fred, one Dead President will be plenty Of course if Keith and Spike can extort more out of money bags that will be fine too.

Bish
Old 06-16-2002, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Bish,

I'll be there. Mich says she'll be there, "pending weather". She's a little gun (rain & snow) shy after the GICR. We won't have to leave early this year as Brad's birthday is the Monday.

Rich
Old 06-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Rich,

I promise, "No bad weather" and please note that "shopping" time has been included. I guess I spent too much time in the Army, will try not to be so "military" on this run.

Bish
Old 06-17-2002, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Default We're There!

Bish,

Count Di and I in for the Skagit Ride and a desert or salad. Can we plan to drop the food by at your place the on the way to Mt. Vernon? Otherwise I'm afraid once it rides the day in the tiny trunk of the Cobra (chasing zderf) you had better plan on me bringing tossed salad or upside down cake!

Cheers!
Kevin

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 06-17-2002 at 07:32 AM..
Old 06-17-2002, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     

Bish, Dolly & I will be there with a desert. Jay
Old 06-17-2002, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Bish,

I'm planning to attend but it sounds to me that the contribution of $10 is on the low side. Since it is a contribution, I would like to make it $10 per person (that is for me and the S.O.).

Ditto the need to drop off food prior to the drive.

If you are going to the Vintage Races, could we pay up then?

Last edited by RogerC; 06-17-2002 at 09:55 AM..
Old 06-17-2002, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bish,

Mich said she'd make a cherry cheesecake. I don't know how that would fare sitting in the trunk all day. Is there someone who could meet us at Lowes to pick up perishables before the run?

Rich
Old 06-17-2002, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bish
I hope that my schedule allows it.
At this time plan on my coming.
Thanks
FFR #1653K
Old 06-17-2002, 12:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Food etc

Really guys, the $10 is plenty. I will put a "Contributions" pickle jar on one of the tables. It's really no big deal.

I will make arrangements to have some one meet us at the Lowes staging point to gather all the food stuff so it won't get beat to death or melted on the run. Guess I will need to post a list of who is bringing what so we don't double up on too many things.

Bish
Old 06-17-2002, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Both Jackie and myself will attend. Thanks Bish.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     

Bish...

as of now, Deni and I are planning on making it. As you know, the 27th is our 20th anniversary cruise (as in boat) and party at a friends place. Depending on how late the party goes and how many sheets we are to the wind, it will be a matter of making the call that night. If it's three am before my plastered head hits the pillow, I doubt the blue Crosley will be seen plying the backroads of Skagit County.

btw...will we be seeing you at the races on the 6th?

Tozmic
Old 06-17-2002, 08:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Slab Wus,

How can I let this go unanswered? The simple solution is...in bed by 2:59, get up, and join us for a superb day of Cobra cruising.

Even if you're hung over, it's not like your car makes any noise.

Rish
Old 06-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Slabbo,

Remember, I've been out partying with you. By 11 o'clock you're stretching and yawning and looking for a bed.

Just get your sorry, skinny butt in the Crosley and have Deni drive you up here.

Bish

And yes, I will be at the races on the 6th. Reckon we are going to meet up in Issaquah and arrive as a noisy group!

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 06-18-2002 at 08:34 AM..
Old 06-18-2002, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351.
Not Ranked     
Default Skagit Cruise

We would love to come! This will be our first Cobra club "road" event. We would be happy to contribute $$ and bring food to share. Looking forward to it!
The Moneymakers
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 06-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Paul and Linda

Hey, happy you can make it. I'm glad some one in this motley collection of characters can call themselves "The Money Makers". Most of this outfit lives hand to mouth!

Bish
Old 06-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bish

Paul and Linda wanted to go on the Idaho run with us but they had another important engagement to attend. They were getting married while we were out freezing our --- off. Just so you know their last name is Moneymaker. With them joining us I won't be the only one with a Superformance.

F