Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2002, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Leavenworth Ride - Sept. 14

START:
Let’s meet at 8:30 AM in the North Bend Outlets parking lot. If you are coming from the North and don’t want to drive down to North Bend I would suggest waiting at the Sultan Bakery in Sultan on Hwy 2. I figure we will get to Sultan at 9:30 AM.

RIDE TO LEAVENWORTH:
From North Bend we will drive through town and take HWY 203 north going through Carnation and Duvall. We will hit Monroe at the end of HWY 203 and take HWY 2 east going through the Mount Baker – Snoqualmie National Forest, Stevens Pass and Wenatchee National Forest. We should arrive at Leavenworth at 11:00 AM. We will spend 2 to 2.5 hours in Leavenworth and have lunch.

RIDE BACK FROM LEAVENWORTH:
At lunch we will have to make a decision. There are two paths that we can take.

Path 1: After lunch we will proceed to HWY 2 East to HWY 97 South. Take HWY 970 South West to I-90. I-90 West back to North Bend.

Total Mileage Path 1: 224 miles. Including the time spend in Leavenworth it should be a 7 to 7.5 hour day.

Path 2: After lunch we will proceed to HWY 2 East to HWY 28 South. Continue on HWY 28 to Soap Lake. At Soap Lake we take Road 20 NW to Road B NW which turns to 12-SE Road to G Road SE and so on making our way to HWY 2. At HWY 2 head West and make our way back almost to Leavenworth again. However, before we get to Leavenworth we hop on HWY 97 South. Take 97 South to HWY 970 South West to I-90. I-90 West back to North Bend. So what we did was a big loop east of Leavenworth. I have never been out there and I am not familiar with some of the small roads. But I am game.

Total Mileage Path 2: 383 miles. Including the time spend in Leavenworth it should be a 10 to 10.5 hour day.

Of course I think the group is always looking for adventure so if there are some alternative routes post Leavenworth please offer up suggestions.

Pray for good weather and hope we get a good crowd for what is probably the last run of the year.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Cool Beautiful Country!

Dear NWer's,

Forgive me for invading your forum, I just wanted to share a brief experience with you, and relate to you my envy of your beautiful part of this great country.

I'm from Ohio, but spent a few days in Leavenworth at the first of August. I was in the Tri-cities visiting a friend, and we took a few days to spend at the Spring Mountain Lodge, North of Plain. We visited Lake Wanatchee, did some hiking, then came back through Leavenworth on Rt. 2. What a wonderful drive! Such beautiful country. I even remarked to Maria, my friend, this would be an AWESOME cobra road. Her Focus is a nice little car, but....

Anyway, just wanted to pass this on to you, wish you all a safe, fun drive. Having been there now, I'll be cruising with you in my mind!

Regards,
Dave
Old 08-13-2002, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

The cars running great and Spike and I are ready for a fun day.

We should get in more that just one more drive if we can just plan tem while the Bishop of the North is busy.

By the way, I figure that Western Texas, Colorado, or Southern California would all pay for the "Bishop Rain Dance". We might make enough $$$$ to buy Brent a new motor for a wedding present, or atleast put out a hit on the last builder.
Old 08-13-2002, 02:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Look out

I'm going on this run. Maybe I'll chnge my name and that will stop the rain!!

Steve, will meet up with you all in Sultan and more than likely will come back over the mountains on hwy 20. Ya'll might consider Hwy 20 for the return. You end up on I-5 near Mount Vernon which means you will have added about 60 miles to the return trip plus the 30 miles down to Everett from Mount Vernon, BUT the North Cascades Hwy (hwy 20) is right up there with the Chinook Pass route.

RM (rainman)
Old 08-13-2002, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     

Rain Guy,
granted that No. Cascades Hwy is a knock-out but I think it addes a whole lot more than the 60 plus 30 you mentioned. I just did a quick check on a map and it looks more like 120 plus 35 more than Leavenworth to Everett on Hwy 2. Actually the No. Cascades Hwy, down through Chelan, over to Leavenworth then home (with an overnight stay in Winthrop) is a run I'd like to put together for late summer/early fall of next year.

Blue Slabeth
Old 08-13-2002, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Walt???

Know how to have good weather in Gig Harbor???

Keep Bish in Mt Vernon
Old 08-13-2002, 07:03 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Old 08-13-2002, 07:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

Hey Brent ol' Bud,

Why don't ya just put a ZZ4 in that thing and fugetaboudit.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Blue Slabeth..........

I guess I like that better than Back in Blue which I was getting ready to call ya. Blue Slabeth, very good Waldo, VERY good.

The N. Cascade Rt. is longer, but if you look at Steve's rt #2, it's about the same. With my luck there will be blowing mud or a white out in the pass.

Bish
Old 08-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Angry

Would love to go, but we're off to Vegas that day!
Perry & Bev
Old 08-17-2002, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,
You set the route. I'll do it. Maybe two choices depending on the weather and the pass temp?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up We're There!

It's looking good for Di and I to attend this cruise. I really vote for anything other than I-90 on the way home, but we will gladly go 90 if this is the consensus of the other riders. If we go I-20 then we have Cowboy Town Winthrop in route.

I’m worried that just 224 miles a day is just not up to our Sun Valley daily mileage benchmark.

Other than a couple beers and lunch in Leavenworth it’s not really that big a town, with less to looky-lou into than La Conner, but it can sure be crowded at times. Parking may be a bugger if it does happen to be busy the day we are in town.

Look forward to catching up with you all on the 14th if not sooner.

Bish we spotted tooling through Mount Vernon 4-weekends ago, YEEHA is looking great as always. Hey, drop by sometime neighbor! We’re always around on the weekends you’ve got my number.

Kev and Di
Old 08-28-2002, 10:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kev,

Just been busy as, well you know the story about the one armed paper hanger, but will give it a try this weekend. I'll give you a call on Saturday.

Bish
Old 08-28-2002, 10:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Kevin and DI

If you saw Bish it was probably raining.

I was in Oregon last weekend. Weather was everthing from great to OK. We must have driven 1500 miles. Had a blast. However, 20 miles away from home. The car dies. Nuthin', no Pop. No loud noises. Nuthin. (and I really miss the loud noises)
After about 15 minutes a guy drives by with a trailer. A low one made for his race car.....Empty!
He loads me up and drives me home!!!!!
Wouldn't take a penny!!!
What a winner this guy was.
I think I need a new fuel pump. But I know I had an angel looking over my sholder.

But most of all I really don't think it was anything to do with Bish. Really, I don't hold him responsible, not at all.

See ya on the 14th. Don't forget your horn
Keith
Old 08-29-2002, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up I Spy!

Keith Vincent spotted in Oregon....... In fact I pulled up along side of you right as you pulled off I-5 Wilsonville exit! I hollard at your son in the chase car, not sure if he understood.

I sent you email on Sunday via the forum email function, not sure if it is working and you got it.

Mike
Old 08-29-2002, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike
Hello
The mystery is solved. We were getting off to meet some Oregon Cobra guys and Along side my son's car, some guy pulls up and asks him if the guy in the green Cobra is Keith. Now, he already thinks I'm way too out going, but to have someone flag him down on the freeway was just too much.
Sorry I missed you. I'm be back in the Portland area within the next month. I'll look you up.
Nice trailer, your car in it??
Keith

PS when are you going to be on the road?
Old 08-29-2002, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Talking Too Funny

Keith,

That was pretty funny. My son and I were coming up I-5 right as you entered from the prior exit/entrance ramp. I said, "look a Cobra!" Next I see the black Mustang and WA plates, I think that's gotta be Keith! What a coincidence! My kid was going nuts, he is a "car nut to the max!" "Quick dad, roll the windows down so we can hear his exhaust!"

We were headed to the drags at Woodburn. My 11 yr old kid races a JR dragster. Since it was an all Ford drag weekend (except for the JR's) I thought you guys might be headed there too. There were a mess of Mustangs and there were two Cobras racing. Figured you were making a pit stop in Wilsonville. BTW, my kid ended up loosing in the championship race by .007 seconds!

We went to Coos Bay yesterday. Things are moving along. They put the first coat of paint on (see my gallery) while we were there. Painting will be complete today. Things should move pretty quickly from there, just a matter of assembly. Hopefully not too much longer.

Next time your down, diffinetly let me know!

Mike

Last edited by M & M; 08-29-2002 at 08:08 AM..
Old 08-29-2002, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mikeeeeee

nice pic's, the car's looking good. We have a ride on the 14th. I don't suppose you can get there on 3 weeks.

See ya later,
Keith
Old 09-10-2002, 08:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Its happening in 4 days so how many of us are going?
Southender are we meeting up at are usual place?
Do we plan to eat at Lenny's like we did on the wine run? If thats so we need to plan on meeting around 6:30.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Thanks for bringing this up front again Fred. Been on vacation for 2.5 weeks… just got back. Yes we are still on for Saturday. It should be a great drive if the weather is anything like today’s weather.

A couple of folks had suggested re-routing to highway 20… primarily the folks up north. Using MapPoint to route the drive north instead of south to I-90 would bring the total mileage up to 460 miles. Allot of miles to cover in a single day in addition to the added mileage from the folks who live south of Issaquah. By the way, I just happened to read this morning during breakfast that Highway 20 was the first officially designated “scenic highway” in the country. I’d agree with Walt in that this seems like a really great overnighter trip!

So let’s stick with the current plans where we had two options where one would be 225 miles and the other 383 miles. I’ll have copies of maps to distribute with both options.