Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2002, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1249
Not Ranked     
Question Ownership Essential to Join ?

Hi, I am new to the area and have not yet purchased a Cobra but am pretty much convinced I will be doing so in the next 2-3 months. I have read the NW Club Forum and was interested in knowing whether ownership is essential to join ? I have lots of questions on Engine Builds, reputable machine shops, registration etc.. but didn't want to mis-lead anyone into thinking I owned a replica. I hear good things about the club and certainly would love the opportunity to participate in some of your events when I get a car. Right now I am pursuing a SPF replica but have not chosen an engine combination or performance specs. At the present I am on the conservative side with streetability/reliability being the focus. Would love to hear from other club members if OKAY.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 6322
Not Ranked     

Sorry, no shirt, no shoes, no service.

No, really nobody cares if you own one or not. As long as you have some sort of interest, post away. Your profile shows that your looking and that should work for anybody. I think the only rule around here is to just have fun.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Talking Have some fun!

Keith,

Welcome to the forum! No car, no join, you ask? Well I have been following the forum for close to two years now and a forum member for close to one year...... and still no freak'n car! Well kinda, I guess I own a body shell and a frame with a transmission, rear end, four tires and wheels and a whopp'n "big ass" V8!

I have not met any of these NW NUTS in person.... yet. A few forum posts, a few emails and even a phone conversation or two. But, I still consider them friends, at least until I meet them. And then... they probably won't let me buy them a beer!

This forum is unbelievable. It is amazing how much Cobra knowledge can be extracted from this site. The "search" function is EXCELLANT. If you have a question be sure to do a "search," more than likely the question has been asked before.

As far as membership, well I have not been officially baptized. You see it appears to me you need to go on the Idaho run and drive through the snow storm in your Cobra (of course a snow flake will hit you on the forehead) and you become a member! It's that easy!

Oh, and I amost forgot the 200 question member survey and the $5,000 application fee........... payable to Keith Vincent's son, it appears he must be the club treasurer

Regards,
Mike

Last edited by M & M; 08-20-2002 at 07:45 PM..
Old 08-21-2002, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1249
Not Ranked     
Smile

Thanks. I have already met a NW Club Member who is responsible for introducing me to this site and making my decision on purchasing a replicar easy. By the way, if anyone has any questions on 67-68 Shelby Mustangs please don't hesistate to ask. I spent 5 years doing nothing but restorations on these cars and have amassed a great deal of knowledge and literature. Now that I have the Cobra bug I am looking forward to driving a car rather than showing a car. If you are a memorabilia collector, that's short for die-cast, nobody has more Cobra stuff than me. Check out my website at www.lylescollectibles.com . Since I have officially declared myself as a Cobra Replica Buyer i.e. (They got my $$), I am offering 10%discounts to all NW Club members.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"... they probably won't let me buy them a beer!"

Keith & Mike, never EVER let it be said that you can't buy us a beer...jeez.

Maybe one or both of you could tag along on the Leavenworth trip. That way if Fred's wheel centers or Zderf's wiper falls off, someone could pick them up.

Rich
Old 08-21-2002, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Smile Reply

Rich,

Levenworth is very cool, would love to see it in the fall. If we were to follow along and pick up the stuff that falls....... I guess we would kinda be like the "pooper scooper" at the parades?

If I remember correctly there are lots of little watering holes that serve the Barvarian brew up there in Levenworth! Might be worth a little scooping after all!

Mike

Last edited by M & M; 08-21-2002 at 10:37 PM..