Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2002, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ultima GTR, chebby stuff
Not Ranked     
Question Registration in WA.

It looks like I may be relocating to the Blaine area in the near future. What types of hoops are there to jump thru to get a replica registered?

Greg
Old 08-21-2002, 08:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Nothing to it Greg. You take the car to the State Patrol inspeciton station. All they do is make sure your paper work is correct. There is no inspection per se. And since you will be registering the car in Whatcom county there is no emission testing.

Bish
Old 08-21-2002, 08:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default registration

nothing to speak of, just take your paper work to D.M.V. and if they can read the title, as in my case, they could not. The dept. made me have it inspected, the inspector just checked the serial #'s and plate, wrote it up so the dept. could understand it and that was it...new plates and I was on my way...good luck....
Old 08-21-2002, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Default There are no longer vehicle inspections in WA state

You just get your paperwork right with the DOL (Dept of Lisc) and pay your money, and go...if you live in a smog testing area, you will have to meet whatever smog requirements exist...if you live in a " smogless " county, you don't even have to be tested.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 08-21-2002, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA gone now
Not Ranked     
Default Just to augment......

Up here there are usually two forms of registration offices. There will usually be one in the offices of the county in which you reside, and there are also independent, state licensed agents (either as part of a dealership operation or as a stand alone business). The agencies are usually more convenient.

Miraculously, last year, the State Patrol dropped their inspection program because it was not cost effective (don't expect this kind of fiscal responsibility from other state and local governments however ). Their primary focus was to snag stolen vehicles with bogus paperwork, caught something like 3 vehicles out of 40,000 the year before.

Assuming your vehicle is titled in California (or any other state for that matter) in your name, the clerk will just copy over the description and VIN as it is currently listed and issue a Washington title.

Welcome to the great NW.

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity converge.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you, Gentlemen, doesn't sound all that bad. As a matter of fact, after 10 years in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornicateya, it sounds like heaven.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

...I was going to say the same, Greg.
(sounds like you got lucky!)
Old 08-21-2002, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face We left californication in 1991

We were born and lived our first 31 years there, but CA has gone to H*** in a handbasket.

Never looked back, we love it here. (By the way, there is no state income tax here!) I even hate to see my wife return to visit relatives each year. I have very little desire to ever see the place again, in fact.
Welcome to the Great North West, and enjoy, Dirt Cowboy
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Talking

Just remember you said "it sounds like heaven", along about next April. 'Cuz right about then you are gonna be thinking it is never going to stop raining. It doesn't rain hard, it just rains and rains and then, suddenly and finally summer comes.

You're going to be just up the road from me so we will have to touch base after you get settled. Searanch and Dazzle live up there too.

Cheers,

Bish
Old 08-21-2002, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

I forgot to mention that I'm from Montana, and I lived in Portland OR. for 8 years before I come down here. One thing I really miss, is natural running water, as in streams and rivers. Nothing like that sound. I've been riding quads, (currently a Yamadog Raptor 660), and snowmobiles,(brand new AC Mountain Cat), since I was a kid, both of which are particularly suited to the great N.W. Now I won't have to wait until Christmans vacation to use them.

Thanks again,

Greg
Old 08-21-2002, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My wife and I both have dirtbikes, and the riding areas here are awesome!

I have a Suzuki DR650E

We are surrounded by forests and beaches to ride...we love it...the rain and accompanying darkness will get to you after a few winters, but the rewards of living here outweighs that for many...during the winter here it is clear off and on, and you may get to the point where you can read the weather ...you just have to time your athletic activities , motorcycle rides, for the **windows**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

As BinB said no state income taxes--they tax the h888 out of everything else, when they can get away with it

Invest in fleece and Gore-tex and stock up on sweatshirts and sweaters-- you'll be glad you have them

We have four seasons too rain/drizzle, warm rain/drizzle, cold rain, and colder rain mixed with snow, all months have a few days when the sun actually shines and you observe the population pointing skyward in awe and wonder or bowing profusely to the strange light in the sky and sunglass and sunblock sales skyrocket.

All kidding aside Western WA is a pretty good place to live

Gary

ps I really haven't acclimated here yet--still not used to wearing sweaters and foul-weather gear on the 4th of July