Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2002, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Portland Area Parts Supplier

I'm wondering what everyoune would think/opinions about a cobra parts store here in the Portland area. I was also curious as to also combining it with a finishing shop for various sorts of kits. Still in the drawing board stage but very serious and would like input from some of you who own and drive cobras. Good or bad, please let me know what you think
RickW
Old 12-27-2002, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

I someday hope to move back to Portland. That is Oregon? You couldn't pick a better place to live in my opinion. So you've got a "Go For it" vote from me. Portland could use some more automotive activity, especially Cobra related.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33868 Sold. Just "playin' the boards now."
Not Ranked     

Rick,

Email me privately. I have some thoughts and information to share with you on this subject. I've been here in the Portland area for many years and involved with Cobras for a good part of it.

Al
Old 01-01-2003, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Classic Roadster-347, AOD
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

YES I would like to see a cobra parts store in the area , I am 80 miles north of portland and will travel. I smell a road trip . my 2 cents fordsrule@msn.com
Old 01-02-2003, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I'm ordering stuff all the time.Any good at installing convertable tops and side curtains?
Old 01-03-2003, 12:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33868 Sold. Just "playin' the boards now."
Not Ranked     

Rick,

Have you gotten my emails? If that address isn't working, why don't you send them from your home account?

I've sent my phone mumber, but won't post it here for obvious reasons. We do need to talk about this.

Al
Old 01-21-2003, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There's got to be more people than this that would like to see this happen. This is your chance to speak up and actually have your idea possibly put to use. Don't we all want a cobra place that will treat us right, honestly and respectively. Please, all opinions are equally important. What would you like to see. So far it seems to be going in the direction of a Cobra parts store with some shelby mustang stuff. Staying true to the original cobra seems to be the best way at this point, economically and asthetically. It also might be an authorized dealership of a willing cobra manufacturer(mid to high end preferably), maybe even Image(old contemporary). A finishing shop is also on the drawing board because atleast 50% of the kits out there are never completed(what a horrible thought)
YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!
Old 01-22-2003, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Arrow $0.02

My Cobra is pretty much done. I have no major plans that would require it's visit to a "Cobra Specific" supplier. Actually, I'm as close to the manufacturer as I am to Portland.... so I would probably opt for that.

As for accessories and all, you've got alot of established competition out there via the internet. Look at accessory suppliers like Tony Branda, Finish Line, and many of the manufacturers themselves.

The biggest demand I've seen in this area is a good Ford engine shop (FE). And there is the current thread here about soft tops and side curtians.... those can be quite unique to each manufacturer's lines and each car's windshield rake. I smell lotsa custom stuff going on there. Maybe that's a market.....

In summary, I personally at this time would have little reason to drive to Portland other than a nice day or two Portland International.

Nothing personal... you just asked.

Respectfully Submitted,

Zderf