Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2003, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 2003 - One Day Trips

It sounds like the planning for 2003 is starting to take shape. With the first official meeting for 2003 set on February 1 at the Redhook Brewery and the yearly trip penciled in for July I thought I would start a discussion on one day trips.

I would have to say that I think last year’s one day trips were great! They were really a convenient way to get together more frequently while seeing different parts of Washington.

So let’s kick it off... think about some one day rides/or overnighters that would be fun to do over the summer. Add them to the discussion here and we can pencil some dates when we get together at the Redhook Brewery. I’ll volunteer to bring the list and a calendar.

So I’ll kick it off.

Overnighter to Winthrop – Suggested plan is to leave North Bend, WA, 203 North to 2. Take 2 East through Leavenworth. Continue east to 97 and head North to 153. 153 to Winthrop (total miles day 1 - 234). From Winthrop take 20 West to 9. Take 9 South to 2 East. Take 2 East to 203 and 203 back to North Bend (total miles day 2 – 222 miles). I figure a Saturday to Sunday sometime in August.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Zderf and I were talking the other day and decided a trip down 101 to the Oregon coast sounded like fun.

Rich
Old 01-14-2003, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Overnighters

I love the sounds of an overnighter to Winthrop. Di and I drove the Highway 20 loop in the summer of 2001 and really had fun. Hot and dry, and staying the evening in "Cowboy Town" Winthrop would be a blast, we may even catch a bar room brawl. Count us in.

Driving the Oregon Coast in a Cobra would be spectacular, especially if we catch the sun for a few of the days. Don’t expect perfect weather, in my estimation a week of sun is very rare on the entire Oregon 101 Coastal Highway (until you pass San Francisco). I think August and September are about the best times. It would be more than on overnighter, almost worthy of a Great Oregon 101 Cobra Ride (GO1CR) 2003 or 2004. You can drive down 101 turn around and come back up and it seems like a whole new drive. Other options would be coming back up (or down) Highway 97 through Eastern Oregon. Lots to do and see every step of the way and especially grrrrreeeat Cobra roads. Count us in.

Old 01-26-2003, 09:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Rich,
The Oregon coast seems to change every time I go down there, it's different in a car ,truck/trailer and a motorcycle is just a wild experience. Bev and I are planning a 2 week trip trip May 17th down the coast to the wine country. We'll wing it as the weather will determine if we swing inland to the Reno desert.

I though a 1 day trip up mt Baker would be a great cruise also.

The July dates for the cobra trip are already booked at work, so we are unable
to make that trip. We hope to make some other events.
Perry.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     

Keith V and I are thinking of doing the Yakima Valley Winery tour thing again. Different winerys this time, maybe a late June timeframe, short notice, weather dependent. Maybe an optional over-night stay in Yakima with a Chinook Pass rtn. Still noodling it.

Walt
Old 02-03-2003, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Winthrop run in July sounds great. Hopefully it will be hot and not the usual drizzle on July 4. My wife Pat and I would like to join in and the wine trip to Yakima sounds good also if the route goes along the Yakima river. The longer trip into BC is ambitious and hard to get away. These long week end trips are just the ticket. Count us in!
USA
Old 02-06-2003, 07:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Heck fire,
just tell me when and where and I'll be there. But keep August 3rd open and pray for sunshine while we do the 3rd annual Skagit Cruise and BBQ.

Bish
Old 02-06-2003, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bish,

How about if we mosey up to August 3rd real quiet-like, and then on the 2nd, we change the date to the 10th?

Rich
Old 02-06-2003, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Feedback that I received at the meeting at Red Hook was that after Labor day would be a good time to go up to Winthrop.

I'll start a seperate thread for teh Wintrop outting.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Rich,

Probably a good idea!! Surely the weather gods will cut us some slack this summer.

Just took a run into town. Had to get a set of ball drivers and on such a pretty day, me and every Miata in Skagit county was out toolin' around, top down, sun glasses and grins.

Bish