Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2003, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool Portland Historic 2003

The Portland Historic races are going to be on July 11-13 this year. With the car corrals on the 12 and 13. I have purchased the tickets for club cobra the last few years and would enjoy doing it again this year. I have received the package of information from Campbell productions on the races. This is a really a fun family event with a wide variety of cars. If you would like to attend please email me and I will send you my address. I will collect the money, purchase the tickets and then mail the tickets and passes back to you when I receive them. I hope you can make it to this event. If you have any questions email me or post them here. The ticket order dead line is June 1. I would like to collect the money by May 15. This gives some mailing time and a couple days for those late arrivals.

The following is copied from their letter:

Ordering tickets /parking Passes

Your fee of $35 in advance includes a three-day admission ticket for driver and a guest, 1 car corral pass, a dash plaque, and the ever-popular parade laps.

All tickets/car passe for the collector car show need to be ordered in advance; no corral passes will be distributed on site. The ticket order deadline is June 1.

To ease the registration process, car club must register as a collective group. Please do not have your members register individually. Tickets and parking passe will be mailed to you for distribution.

While we are not limiting the maximum size of you corral; we do ask each corral have a minimum of four cars. Due to space constraints we do limit the overall collector car area to around 600 cars, so I recommend you register early and reserve your space.

Corral Assignments:

The corrals will be located in the same area as last year. Individual corral placement will be at the discretion of Campbell productions. Your corral size will be designed according to the number of cars registered by your club on June 1, so be sure to indicate the total number of cars you expect in your corral. Cars must be in place no later than 10:00 am each morning.

Parade lap:

On Saturday and Sunday at noon, we present the lunchtime parade lap. Collector Car participants have the opportunity to take their vehicle out on the track. Each club will be limited to a maximum of 25 cars on the track per day.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF 427 - FE 427 SO
Send a message via ICQ to M & M
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Yep

Tim,

Looks like the calendar is clear and we can attend.

Mike
Old 04-03-2003, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great! glad you will be there.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B/LAE
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Sounds like a plan. Count me in.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:37 AM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

I hope to get mine completed by then, if not I will still drop by anyway.

Scott S
Old 04-08-2003, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dana E / Scott

Glad you can make it. I will email my address to you .

Scott - We were down in your area over the weekend. We camped Friday and Saturday nights in Silver Falls park. Had a great time but it rained and hailed most of the time. Nice Park, I had hiked there a few times but never camped there.

Tim
Old 04-18-2003, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RED ERA:
Guess we had better get the Slabside off the jack stands, and start cleaning it up, assuming we are allowed to attend this years event.
If you have NOT moved, we have your address.
Jerry2 + wife
Old 04-19-2003, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi

Yes, my address is the same but no you can't come. The rest of us want a chance to get the trophy. Just kidding. It is great to here from you and glad you can make it. Say hi to your wife.

Tim

You don't need to wash it.

Last edited by Red Era; 04-19-2003 at 09:31 AM..
Old 05-07-2003, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Red Era, as you can see I am new here. I am would really like to see some of the replicas you guys own and drive. I would also like to someday take my shot at building a car. This event sounds like a great opportunity to see many Cobras in one place. It looks like you are getting tickets for the club boys and girls to show their cars. Do you know the price for spectators to come and check this event out? Also where the heck is this show located? Are there any cheap hotels or camping close?
Old 05-08-2003, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tomsti,

Here is a link for the Portland Historic's where your questions can be answered:

Portland Historic's Web Site

Also a link for the race track where you can find Hotel information:

Portland International Raceway

I think you can camp in certain areas at the race track if you have a motorhome. There may be some information on their web site. If not you can call the track and ask.

Regards,
Mike
Old 05-09-2003, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info, I have actually been to PIR many times Road Racing Motorcycles and know the area pretty well. If you are looking for great steaks you need to go to the Acropolis.

How many of you guys are planning on showing up at this event? I am hoping to see a few Cobras if I get lucky. What day is a better to go if my wife and I are going to be spectators?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Tomsti,

RedERA can answer the question on how many Cobra's will be there and best day. I am sure he will see this post soon.

As for the Acropolis................. are you speaking of the one in Milwaukie on McLoughlin Blvd? What type of steaks are you referring too! There is pleanty of meat there....... so I have been told!

Mike
Old 05-09-2003, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yup, I am pretty sure that would be the one. They also serve steak, you can get a t-bone for @ 6.00

Funny how you know the exact address, you are one up on me :-)
Old 05-09-2003, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here is an update on who has signed up.

Signed up and paid

M&M
Jerry 2 trophy
Bumblebee
Gus
Red ERA (me)

On the list (but have not received check)

Dana E
Scott S
Friend of Jerry 2

I would like to mail in our form in about a week. If the check is in the mail please let me know so I can wait for it. Hope you can make it.

Tomsti - M&M had some good suggestions. There are a few places to stay by the airport on airport way. I was through the area today and noticed a econo lodge on Columbia blvd. and Martin Luther King. It is kind of a busy industrial area but looked like it should be cheaper . Jerry 2 has stayed with his motorhome at the track. I do not know what they charged. Guest tickets are listed on the form I received for $25 for Saturday and $25 for Sunday. I hope you can make it to see the Cobras and all of the other great cars, not to mention we are lucky to have some great owners to visit with.

Tim
Old 05-09-2003, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I called Sandy (Campbell Productions) and asked her about Motorhomes. It Is $150 . Includes Motorhome, 2 sets of tickets, and corral pass.

She also said Baxter sells tickets about a month before for $5 off. Gate Price is $25.

Hope this helps
Tim - Red ERA
Old 05-11-2003, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I hope to go too. It would be great to meet some more local Cobra owners. If all works out well for me, my Cobra will have shed its fiberglass skin for a new aluminum one and hopefully all the bugs worked out if I have any to speak of. I hope to know by the end of next week what my plans are.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question What's Up?

Allen,

What happend to the glass body? Is your car completely finished yet (minus the change of skin)?

Mike
Old 05-11-2003, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

M & M,

Nothing is wrong with the glass body, just that the opportunity to get an aluminum body came up and I thought that it would be fun to have an accurate body. Then drive it in bare aluminum for a year before I paint it. Once I put the body on it will be done for the year.

Allen
Old 05-14-2003, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last call for tickets. I need to send the check in shortly so if you would like to join us send me an email. Thanks

Dana I received your check!

Thanks
Tim - Red ERA
Old 06-06-2003, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hope to go and see some great cars, and meet all of you. I also hope my car will be done soon. I just got my new Kirkham Cobra body and man is it sweet! Here it is.

http://www.wwgarage.com/details.php?...d=53&car_id=47