Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Just Put Down A New Floor In The Garage (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/48269-just-put-down-new-floor-garage.html)

Todd & Kris 12-18-2003 10:33 PM

Just Put Down A New Floor In The Garage

Hi guys, its been a while.

So I just finished installing Racedeck on my garage floor. I am very happy with it. Check it out:

Tony Radford 12-19-2003 03:06 AM

Todd, are you sure that's not a slot car placed in the middle of your garage floor? Nobody has a garage that big! Come on!

GeorgiaSnake 12-19-2003 03:23 AM

Todd that looks great :cool:

Tony you need to visit TC :eek:

Randy

Chaplin 12-19-2003 07:11 AM

Nice looking floor! Is that black racedeck around the edge with blue/white in the middle?

As for TC's garage, I would happily live in it.

rdorman 12-19-2003 07:34 AM

I could live there!
Rick

Ron61 12-19-2003 12:00 PM

Todd,

That is a great color combination. I used red and graphite because the red dirt we have around here is really murder on white or dark colors. I played with a few different looks and finally just settled on the every other square with the black beveled edge strips around it. Yours really looks great.

Ron :)

Rich 12-19-2003 01:22 PM

Hey Todd, you've still got a Cobra! Great looking floor.

Rich

Dave Crace 12-19-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chaplin

As for TC's garage, I would happily live in it. [/b]
I think TC does live in it :D

Todd, great looking floor. Another thing on my list to do to the garage.

ERA649 12-19-2003 03:51 PM

Todd,
That's a nice floor what material is it? Where did you get it? I thought my garage was nice until I saw yours.

Mike

SNAKEYES 12-19-2003 06:28 PM

Todd:

great looking floor AND cobra...I just checked out the Racedeck site ,but nowhere does it tell you how to go about buying the product(direct or distributor) and how much the flooring sells for.

can you provide some additional information on cost and source for buying the flooring...thanks

JWheaton 12-19-2003 06:38 PM

Floor looks great.

I want to do my garage floor like that but the wife would have me killed in a matter of seconds if it happens before carpeting in the house.
:)

chill 12-19-2003 07:05 PM

Very nice. Hey Todd, how does the Racedeck stand up to floor jacks? Does it scratch up or crack? I'm thinking of re-doing the garage floor and am considering Racedeck in the 'Cobra bay'.

Todd & Kris 12-19-2003 10:00 PM

Thanks for the nice comments.

Go to www.racedeck.com to see more about the product.

My colors are white and royal blue in the field, with graphite border, surrounded by a black border. I mostly installed the diamond pattern tiles, but I used the free flow tiles down the center and at the outer perimeter (see their website). This allows water to free flow out and around the otherwise floating tile system, so I can still wash out the garage with a hose and not worry about too much water getting trapped under the tiles.

Installation done properly took a couple 6 hour days by myself because I was cutting it around openings, centering thing perfectly, and having to cut each perimeter piece to fit. Not to mentioned emptying the garage and moving everything back in.
Otherwise it just snaps tightly together.

Prices vary dependning on how much you order. I bought mine direct by e-mailing them, but they do have distributors depending on where you live. Fo a basic order, it starts in the $3 to $4 a square foot range. Installation is pretty easy.

A loaded floor jack doesn't even faze the tile. It is plastic, so it will marr or scratch with a sharp object, but I don't think that will be a problem.

Todd

Todd & Kris 12-19-2003 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I should mention, my garage is really not that big. A 17mm lens on a 35mm camera can do wonders. Here's another picture looking to the doors. You can see the distortion on the F-car that the lens causes because it's such a wide angle.

Todd & Kris 12-20-2003 06:46 AM

just wanted 100 posts

Zderf 12-20-2003 09:29 AM

Hi Todd

Wow... long time no hear. Just about dropped my false teeth when I saw your post... then, that floor. Awesome. I'll admit I was floored when I saw how big your garage was (isn't).

When will we see you again? There will be a winter burger break in the not too distant future. Hope to see you there.

BTW... glad to see you still have the snake!! :3DSMILE:

Zderf

:3DSMILE:

Bluesman 12-20-2003 11:08 AM

I was contemplating the light grey epoxy finish. I might have to reconsider. Your floor sure looks nice!

Todd & Kris 12-20-2003 03:27 PM

Re: Hi Todd

You crack me up Fred Z.

I'm still a die-hard Cobra guy, so we'll be seeing you all sometime soon.

Todd

RaceDeck 12-20-2003 03:39 PM

Looks Great!

Your floor looks great, I like what you did with the FreeFlow...Send me an e-mail with picture and it may find its way on our site and you with a RaceDeck Racing t-shirt. RaceDeckRacing.com

Thanks for choosing RaceDeck:D

W2zero 01-15-2004 07:49 PM

Looks great! I did mine in the black and white. It has held up to Jeeps on jackstands and my floorjack so far. Did have a slight whoopsie with a piece of hot steel but got it before it had time to do much more than stink. There is a place to wipe the feet before entering now.