Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #086 ,351 Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default MY invite to other SPF owners for Summer 04 plans

Hello ,

I just wanted to let all the Superformance owners in on my upcoming Cross country Road trip in August.I plan on going across country from Newport News Va , to Costa Mesa Ca in August with my Superformance MKIII.

It going to be part vacation ( my 40th Bday is the 25th) and part Personal celebration of the 10th Anniversary of Superformance International being here in the states.I plan on seeing alot of the country and getting to stop by and see all of the SPF dealers across the country.

I'd like to thank them from this one owner , for a job well done in repesenting the company that built the car that i love so much.I'd also like to meet as many new owners of SPF's as possible.I plan on making alot of new friends.

I'm also dedicating My trip to my Dear friend , Bob Olthoff.May he rest in peace.
Here are my plans :

Arrive : 6 am - 8 Am Deer Park,Newport News Va - August 14th
( Get mayor of Newport News to sign Greeting card to Mayors of Costa Mesa and Los Angeles )

Where : Deer Park , Newport News Va - August 14th
Depart : 10 am Newport News - August 14th

Arrive : 5pm , Salisbury Nc - August 14th
Depart : 12 noon ,Salisbury Nc - August 15th

Visit the Olthoff SPF Dealership ( Dennis Olthoff and Mark Ray)

Arrive : 5pm , Atlanta Ga - August 15th
Depart :12noon , Atlanta Ga - August 16th

Visit the McMicheals Motorsports ( Rob Ginn ,SPF Dealership)

Arrive :6pm , Meridian Ms - August 16th
Depart:8am, Meridian Ms - August 17th

Stop over here could include some gambling :-)

Arrive : 12 noon , New Orleans La - August 17th
Depart : 12 noon , New Orleans La - August 18th

Visit the Reed SPF Dealership

Arrive : 6pm , Houston Tx - August 18th
Depart : 12 noon Houston Tx - August 19th

Visit the Reed SPF Dealership

Arrive :5pm , Dallas Tx - August 19th
Depart : 12 noon , Dallas Tx - August 20th

Arrive : 9pm , Van Horn Tx - August 20th
Depart : 8am ,Van Horn Tx - August 21st

Arrive : 5pm , Scottsdale Az - August 21st
Depart : 12 noon , Scottsdale Az - August 22nd

Visit the Hillbank Motors SPF Dealership

Arrive :6pm , Costa Mesa Ca - August 22nd

August 23rd - Day at Hillbank Motors and some sightseeing.

August 24th - Day of Sightseeing or whatever.

August 25th - Party on The Peterson Museum roof top parking area where SAAC had there picture taken with the ol' Coot.

The day will include a Private Tour of the Underground Vault of THE RAREST Cars !! with a V.I.P of the Peterson Museum .

This V.I.P is helping me organize a party for the owners of Superformance made vehicles...MKIII's and the Brock Coupes to be specific.He told me in a phone conversation i had with him , that he had heard it was the 10th Anniversary of Superformance International's presence here in the US.

Then he told me that he had heard of my idea to help throw an owners party and he opened up The Peterson Automotive museum to us.He said that he thought this would be good for the Museum , good for the Owners , Good for the SPF name , and good for the Automotive fans.

I am also lining up Spa days for the wifes /girlfriends of the owners that come on the 23rd ,24th or 25th.The V.I.P said that he will be in contact with AutoWeek , and all of the Auto Publications over at Time Warner concerning this little shin dig.

He will have just gotten back from Speedweek , and will be speaking with the people at Speedvision about covering the event.He also mentioned about getting Peter Brock over and his New Brock Coupe , and doing a display of the Coupe and it's history , as well as the history of drivers who drove the Wilment Team car and other Team Coupes.

He will also be getting the Mayors of Los Angeles , and Costa Mesa to attend , since there will be a greeting card given to them , signed by all the Mayors , in the towns in which we pass thru.Oh,... Did i mention that he will be contacting Jay Lenno , to see if he would be free that day to attend, This V.I.P said that " This is the type of thing Jay really digs..."

This is going to be one fun event to go to , whether all the way from Newport News Va , or just around the block from Costa Mesa.It will be just around 3200 - 3500 miles one way. or about 55 - 60 hours.

All cars can be serviced at any of the SPF dealerships along the way.AAA membership is definetly recomended to have.

There are Waivers to be signed by all drivers and passengers going on this vacation.

Thanks ,
Frank Generazio (SPF 086)
Just a proud Superformance owner
Old 05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here is the recap and head count
July 12th-- July 18th

Day 1 Lets plan on leaving the weigh station just south of Fed Way at around 7:30. We can plan our first stop at Longview for gas and food. We will cross over the river onto Oregon and head to Astoria for another stop. From there its to Newport with any required/desired stops in between. We will be staying at the LaQuinta.
Day 2 Its to Gold Beach, our home for the next 3 nights.
Day 3 The morning is open to what ever, at 2:30 we get on the Jet boat and take a 64 mile(round trip) scenic trip up the Rogue River. At the turn around point we will have dinner. Just for Dennis its a All you can eat Buffet.
Day 4 Its off to the redwoods and return to Gold Beach.
Day 5 We head for Bend.
Day 6 I have left this drive up to Walt. With my luck this is where I will change engines.
Day 7 Return to Reality

LaQuinta Inn Newport Go to www.LQ.com and make your reservation its cheaper than if you call 1-800-531-5900.

Econo Lodge Gold Beach I have made reservations for 12 rooms so its all taken care of FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE TOLD ME THEY WERE GOING. I will keep all the rooms until the middle of next month and then I will let the ones not taken go.

Best Western Bend 541-382-4080 Tell them you are with the North West Cobra.

Who is Going on the whole trip

Steve & Penny
Dennis & Kathi
Jake & Kim
Jay & Dolly
Perry & Bev
Craig
Mark & Rita
Marshall & Gail
Fred

Last edited by Fred Hamilton; 06-27-2004 at 09:57 AM..
Old 05-18-2004, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     

Thanks Fred, I will get my reservations made today. It would be great if we could pick up some Oregon cars for the trip. Jay
Old 05-19-2004, 04:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jay
I agree, the trip is open to all so all they have to do is let it be known so they will have rooms.

F
Old 05-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

I just got back from Bend and the Tomsic's new digs. (Never volunteer to help someone move that far away) Their place is so nice and I really like bend. It will be the perfect Cobra venue.

Anyway, Walt asked me to make this post as he won't be back on line for about a week. When he is, he will post directions to his house, meeting points and the Motel info, so stay tuned.

Bish
Old 06-01-2004, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

Bish, you're quite a friend. If I had not live so far from Walt I'd have volunteered as well.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Very funny Keith,

BTW, that Armoire thing you helped him load was a night mare. And 10000 boxes of books later we had everything moved into the garage. Then spent the next day moving them from side to side and into the house. They are almost all moved in, but poor DeniSue is gonna have her hands full for a couple of weeks. Really a great spot and the area around Bend is just perfect for Day runs in the cars, plus the drive down there through the Mount Hood area will be great.

See ya soon.

Bish
Old 06-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Talking T SHIRTS ?

Hi,
We need to ask the T-Shirt Guru to whip up "The Great 2004 Oregon Cobra Summer Trip" shirts, I'll take the 1st two off the presses !
Any takers?
Perry.

Last edited by HighPlainsDrifter; 06-02-2004 at 10:39 AM..
Old 06-02-2004, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

Perry,
Careful what you ask him for. It will look even more like a Healy than the last one he did
Old 06-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have to release any untaken rooms that I have reserved in Gold Beach by Friday 18th. If you had plans on going and are not on the list you need to speak up or you maybe sleeping in your car.

Fred