Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Default 4th of July

Any of you interested in coming to Bainbridge to show/parade your cars?

Bainbridge has a "good ol' fashioned" parade every 4th and I was asked if I wanted to parade my car and did I know of any others who owned these cars who might be interested in joining the parade.

The whole day is really kind of fun, sort of down home.

If any interest let me know.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Fireworks

Great offer G.R. but for the 4th I'm doing my usual, attempting to blow my fingers off, and make myself deaf shooting crap into the sky.

Also with the Historics the same weekend you find a bunch of the gang (with more brains than I) in Auburn at PIR gawking at cars, although probably not the 4th. Best of luck. Thanks again.

K

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 02-23-2004 at 09:11 AM..
Old 02-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Not Ranked     

Booze and gun powder--now that is a dangerous combination
Old 02-20-2004, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gary, come join us at Pacific Raceways for the SOVREN Historics the weekend of the 4th. I'm thinking this year it will probably be Saturday the 3rd. No booze, no explosives, just vintage cars and the smell of race gas in the air!

Stay tuned for details.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rich
Been thinking about it depends upon the weather and my schedule. I'm off on the 4th for sure.
If the weather is good the Bainbridge 4th parade is a lot of fun.

Just something to think about for a one day jaunt.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Parades are good Gary, but the Historics is now a NW tradition for all the local Cobra dudes. You gotta come!
Old 02-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

I'd love to come, but can I bring my ***** cat?
Old 02-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guess I can't.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah Mike you and your ***** cat are welcome
Old 02-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am too subtle and shy however to make a point if I show. Better stay home and learn how to get my point across. I have been called a ***** once after all.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Are you all doing the entire show? or Just a day or so?
I'd really like to go but right now I'm not sure if I can arrange time off before the 4th--the 4th I'm off for sure.

I knew many of you were planning on attending the historics--
reason I brought up the BI parade was I was approached by one of the organizers--he wanted to know if I knew of any others with hot cars or Cobras--I said I'd ask around--his idea is if there was enough interest that possibly it may become a yearly event and carshow in conjunction with the days events. I know a couple of guys with street rods that said maybe if there was enough interest.

Parade is from about noon til 2--plenty of time to catch the boat back to Seattle .

BI is trying to promote a newer image other than a "braindead" tree hugger one associated with it. Many see a smaller town just up the road(Poulsbo) with things going on near every weekend from spring to fall that draws a large gathering, and are re-thinking the direction the city is going. I like this little town inspite of many things, and thought maybe seeing a few Cobras and streetrods in the parade might help .
Old 02-23-2004, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just received the info from SOVREN (see below). The event dates are July 2-4. I can't make it on the 4th as we host an annual party at our cabin with, yes, much booze and gun powder that day. So, I plan on attending on Saturday, the 3rd.

There's a meeting of car club focals in March and I'll find out the deadline for ordering car corral tickets then. In the meantime, it would be helpful to know how many spaces we need to reserve. If you think you might attend let me know. If you can't make it on the 3rd, we can reserve spaces for the 4th too.

Fact Sheet
16th ANNUAL PACIFIC NORTHWEST HISTORICS
VINTAGE AUTO RACES

DATE: July 2-4, 2004

LOCATION: Pacific Raceways (formerly Seattle International Raceway) Highway 18, Kent, Wash.

TIME: 8:30 a.m.: gates open
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Friday practice and qualifying
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday/Sunday practice and racing

TICKET PRICES: Adults: $25 one-day pass Friday, Saturday or Sunday, $40 multiple day pass (Adult ticket pass includes the full color event program.)
Children age 7 - 16: $5 per day
Children 6 years and under are free.
Friday – practice, all groups; Saturday & Sunday - practice and racing Tickets available at the gate.
Advance discount tickets available through Ticketmaster through July 1.

EVENT CELEBRITY: Phil Hill, 1961 Grand Prix World Driving Champion.

PACE CAR DRIVER: Dominic Dobson has competed in seven consecutive Indianapolis 500 mile races, 66 CART/PPG Indy Car World Series races over a 10-year span, as well as five 24 Hours of Daytona events and the 1989 24 Hours of LeMans.

EVENT DESCRIPTION: The Pacific Northwest Historics features many of the world’s rarest and most beautiful pre-1970 race cars. This year, more than 250 vintage race cars are expected to enter. Favorites include Ferraris, Lotuses, Cobras, Corvettes, Porsches, Austin Healeys and some less recognizable names like Elva, Ginetta, and McLaren. Most are in mint condition through extensive restoration and many attain speeds in excess of 150 miles per hour. Some of the cars are valued at over $1 million and many have impressive racing histories. Competitors come from all over the West Coast and Canada. The wheel to wheel competition on the challenging 2 ¼-mile road course includes nine turns, 200-300 foot elevation drop and a near ¾-mile straightaway.

The paddock area is open to all spectators.

FEATURED DISPLAY: Historic Trans-Am Race Cars and Celebrating the History of Northwest Sports Car Racing.

CAR CORRAL: An additional 250 vintage and collector cars from local car clubs will be on display in the car corral.

PRESENTERS: Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts (SOVREN)
SOVREN Guild of Children’s Hospital

CONFIRMED SPONSORS: Title Sponsor, Phil Smart Mercedes-Benz; Presenting Sponsor, Edelbrock Corporation; Associate Sponsors, Mulvanny G2 Architects, Honeywell Corporation, Barclay Dean Construction.

BENEFICIARY: All proceeds benefit uncompensated care at Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center in Seattle. Over the last 15 years, over $3.5 million dollars has been raised at the races. Our goal for 2004 is $425,000.

MORE INFORMATION: www.sovren.org or call 206-389-5200 (Race hotline)
Old 02-25-2004, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Arrow 4th Parade

I might be interested in the parade. Gimme the details as they become available....

THX

Zderf
Old 07-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary

What are the details on the Parade, Steve and I are up to it we just need a time and place to meet up.

Fred
Old 07-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred,

Sorry for not posting anything further regarding the parade. We have family issues right now--my mother-in-law is in the hospital, and it doesn't look good at this point. My wife flew out to CO earlier this week and I'll probably go tomorrow or Monday depending on flight availability.

This has been going on for a few weeks now and has taken presedence in our lives.