Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2004, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     
Default Quality Street Tour?

So I have a thought for a get together. I am one of the homebuilders in the "Quality Street Showcase of Homes" this year on the golf corse in Newcastle. There has been quite a bit of media coverage lately, I hope you have noticed. The best part about this show is that it is a 100% charity event for Childrens Hospital. Should raise between $300,000 and $700,000. Since Friday we have had around 7000 people through the homes.

Anyhow, I was thinking I could arrange for the show to open early on August 1, (Saturday) before the gates open and we all could drive our cars into the show (past security), park in the cul-de-sac and take private tours of the six homes priced from 1.8 million to 2.3 million. The show opens at 12:00 so I was thinking we could arrive at 9:30am and be outa there by noon. Might be a fun thing for the spouses too? The houses are very cool, especially house #5 ;-)

If anyone is interested let's get a headcount, and if we can get a croud of Cobra's I'll set it up. I'm gone fishing to Vancover Island until Friday so post here if it sounds interesting and I'll firm things up early next week.

Thanks,
Todd
Old 07-20-2004, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Todd,

Sounds interesting. I will verify our schedules.

Roger
Old 07-20-2004, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm pretty sure I can talk Mich into looking at expensive houses. Count us in.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     

Actually looking again at my calendar I noticed Saturday is July 31st. So let's plan on that, o.k. who else?

Todd
Old 07-20-2004, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Count Us In

We'll be there.

Anxiously awaiting details.

Zderf

Last edited by Zderf; 07-21-2004 at 06:54 AM..
Old 07-20-2004, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Todd,

Saturday July 31st - we are in!

Roger & Connie
Old 07-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

We'll try --- but where is Newcastle?-- Ferry trip to arrive by 9:30 means leaving here 2hrs earlier(that's why we don't do too many "cross Sound trips ").

I would really like to see your show home Todd--I build/remodel here on BI.

Now I need to get the car up and running again---pulled the manifold to replace/fix a oil leak--just not enough "free" time
Old 07-21-2004, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     

Todd, we should be able to attend. I will ckeck with Dolly & confirm. Jay
Old 07-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

EXPENSIVE HOMES AND WIVES Why do those two word always go together in a sentence and its normal, but if you put Husband and Cobra together its comes out boys and their toys. I'm sure my wife would enjoy doing the tour, now if I can just get my arm to work the shifter.

Fred
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good point Fred.

So the time and date is reserved. I took it upon myself to invite another car club at the same time, and the NW Ferrari Club has 40+ confirmed RSVP's already! They are also planning a cruise/drive afterward. Don't worry about a crowd, the six houses altogether will hold 1200 people easily. We'll be lucky to have 80.

Come on guy's, we need to show these guy's up, with Cobra's on one side and Ferrari's on the other it should be quite a site. Some very nice (expensive) Ferrari's in this club. Maybe an Enzo, or F50 if were lucky?

Todd

P.S. For admittance, we are going to ask for a $10 donation, per person, to Children's Hospital of Seattle
Old 07-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Can we get an Address so we can find these tar paper shacks.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Since the show website www.qualitystreetshowcase.com just has directions to the Newport High School shuttle, I'll give direction to the site. One of the actual house address' is 15546 SE 79th Place, Newcastle. However, do not mapquest.com this as their roads are not current enough to pick up on these new streets. For those of you that know the main entrance to the Newcastle golf couse, you turn off of SE Newcastle Coal-Creek Road onto 155th Ave SE (that's were the entry monument signs are), and instead of taking a right on Six Penny Lane to go up to the clubhouse, just go straight and take the first left on SE 79th Place (Prestwick Neighborhood). The security guard or attendant will then waive you on in.

For additional map info to the Reserve area you can go to:

http://www.lochwoodlozier.com/reservedriving.htm

Todd
Old 07-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Bummer we're out--Have some serious valve issues, I missed a gear and overevved the engine. I had mistakenly installed a 6800 rev limiter instead of a 6000 in the MSD, wasn't watching the tach.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That is a bummer! Plenty of other events coming up Gary.

After the house tours a number of people are plannig on having lunch up at the Newcastle clubhouse and then going on a drive/cruise. Route is being planned by a Ferrari club member. Anyone interested in lunch and the cruise can certainly plan on that also.

Todd
Old 07-30-2004, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like a good turnout from private e-mails and these responses. It took lots of people to coordinate opening this thing early so I hope many of us can take advantage of this.

See you tomorrow.

Todd
Old 08-01-2004, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up What a gathering!!

Todd,

Thanks for a life-altering event. I'll now cover my Cobra and house with a white sheet. How can I go on with this new baseline? Unbelievable...

How's this look out of your master bedroom window....

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...illion-med.JPG

Zderf
Old 08-01-2004, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Zderf you crack me up!

Thanks for all the nice compliments. We raised a little over $500 for Children's Hospital too :-) Later that day over 1500 people walked through those houses (uhhg!). It was a long day.

Todd