Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2004, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Sorry Guys...

Just could not knowingly drive into another rain day... start to finish. Guess we are just puddies.

Hope you have a great time.

Regrets.....

Zderf
Old 08-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Fred you whimp you,

This whole thing was your idea. Come on, the weather will be great. Ya looked great in the snow in Idaho!

Bish
Old 08-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rich,

Big Rock Grocery will be ready with Biscuits and Gravy, Bacon and Eggs, all manor of confectionaries and great coffee in the morning.

See ya there.

Bish
Old 08-06-2004, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question MY Idea?

Whole thing? Say what?

Idoughtinksew. Willing participant? You bet!!!

(You see the radar?.... YIKES!!)

HowdryIam. (aka Zderf)
Old 08-06-2004, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bish,

0745 - We're just heading out the door...WITH THE COBRA...here's my cell ***********just in case I get lost and you need to talk me in.

No amount of "howdryiam's" is going to unbend the needle on the pegged wimp-o-meter.

Last edited by Rich; 08-12-2004 at 07:37 AM..
Old 08-07-2004, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry Pegged Whimpometer Here...

So this morning I get a call from Crystal Lodge..

"Where are you? You had a reservation here", they say.

"I canceled that reservation in June and rebooked at the Pan Pacific becuase your hotel is undergoing 24 hour renovations", says I.

"We have no record of that cancellation, who'd you talk to?" says them.

"Hell, that was 2 months ago, I don't remember the dudes name, but I paid your deposit cancellation fee", says I.

"OK then, if you can't remember then we're gunna charge you a nights stay for not showing up". says them. "Maybe we'll also bill that Bishop fellow who started this whole thing."

"You can't do that!", says I.

"Maybe not, but we can bill you!", he shouts.

Ummmmm.

Did I mention THATS on top of the one night fee I'll be paying Pan Pacific for not showing either?

This is the most expensive "non-trip" I've ever taken. Shoulda went... then I would have only had to pay for not sleeping in both rooms at the same time. Those Canadians in Whistler must really need to shore-up revenues in the off season. By God you show...or we'll charge you double!!!

Think I'll fight this one.

Hope you suba drivers have dried out there.... yesterday's floods here in Seattle have subsided some, but it just started raining again in time for the hydroplane practice runs. Yeah SEAFAIR!!!

What a day... no answering the phone the rest of the W/E!

Zderf (aka Easy Money)
Old 08-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Derf,

The guy at the hotel asked me where you were. I told him you had cancelled a long time ago. I don't think they are going to bust your chops, but if they do let me know.

Fred you missed a GREAT trip. Nothing but sunshine and blue skies all weekend.

Bish
Old 08-08-2004, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     
Default Cancellations

Frea, We knew we were not going months ago as well. I'm family visiting from Virginia. I don't remember who i talked to as well. However, Saturday I got the same phone call as you did. Guess they can't get it straight. Maybe, too many peopled cancelleed with the bad weather.
I'm not going to let this guy get away with it. If possible.
Keith
Old 08-08-2004, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Knot on Friday you stinker!!!

Glad the trip was all blue and yellow!!! Maybe I blew it.

But I know yawl paid the price on Friday... I watched ya on US and Canook radar the whole day (it was plenty blue, yellow and red!). (The Whistler weather page didn't look too blue anytime Saturday either!)

Anyway, if they bill me, I'll fight it thru the Visa folks.

Welcome backII

Zderf
Old 08-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

After this run to Whistler I have officially retired as a "Tour Director"! Heck. I'm not even going to announce when I am going to the Men's room for fear of the toilet exploding and flooding the house!

It was raining "just a little" as Rich and Mich and I left the Big Rock Store at about 9:30 on Friday morning and it kept spitting at us all the way to the border. After crossing into Canada the rain got real serious and by the time we neared Vancouver it was a down pour. Add bumper to bumper traffic (at 70 mph), constant hydroplaning (not Miss Budweiser), visability of about 100 feet and the nutty Canadian drivers and you may get an idea of the "fun" we had.

Stopping for gas included watching Rich toweling out the 2" of water sloshing about in his footwell (If we had had a drill we sould have knocked in a couple of drainholes) and me trying to get my windshield wipers to function. Somehow Mich kept a smile in her face through the whole thing and eventually as we neared Whistler the rain settled down to just "rain" and we crept into the hotel like drowned cats.

In Squamish we met up with the Canadian bunch, Perry and Bev, Jay and Henrietta and Steve and Sonja who had all abandoned Cobras and drove the family rigs. They looked at us as if we were a "half a bubble out of plumb".

Actaully we had a great time and once we put the cars in the garage and dried out, had a couple of beers we were back to normal. Whistler is in the process of building again, getting ready for the 2010 Olympics and the hotel was going through a major overhaul, but they didn't work on it over the weekend so the noise we worried about was not there.

Faith Hill was in concert on Saturday night and about 15000 showed up for it. Lot's of partying going on till around 3 AM, but the mob was pretty well behaved, just a bit noisey.

Our little band of "Cobrafiles" hung out and ate very well. In spite of the weather, it was a great, well....an adventure.

Last edited by Bish Wheeler; 08-09-2004 at 08:10 AM..
Old 08-09-2004, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

“just a little”????

…it was wet. It was REALLY wet. Those of you who braved the GICR, multiply that tenfold. This trip was 250 miles of rain so hard you could barely see the lines on the pavement. Add to that, slick roads…I mean scary slick. Now, throw in the Canadian following rule that states: “If you can see the license plate on the car in front of you, you’re not close enough” and you’ve got a real driving adventure. Did I mention it also rains on the inside of the windshield? Thank God it was warm out. I made it about 3 blocks from home with my Nikes and sweats on before I changed to sandals and shorts.

My car…it was so clean Thursday night. Now it’s got dirt stripes that make it look like it’s been through a muddy wind tunnel. I’m afraid to open the hood. The inside is going to take days to dry out. On Friday, you could have surfed the wave action in my foot wells whenever we turned, accelerated, or slowed. It was about 2” deep. I’m drilling drain holes tonight. Luckily, the car ran great and the only casualty was the front meatball. That wussie thing didn’t even make it out of Everett before it bailed.

Other than the ride up, it was a very pleasant weekend that consisted mostly of laughing, eating, drinking, shopping, and naps. It was good to see the Canadian Cobra folks…even if they didn’t drive Cobras. I tried to talk Bish into mountain biking down Whistler, but he kept reminding me how old he was…it’s easy to forget because he acts like a kid.

Ahh…and then there's the curse. The first time it was a funny cruel joke, the second time was not quite as humorous, and it’s gotten less funny with each successive wet event. No one consciously blames Bish, but c’mon, are we all suffering because of some bad Karma he’s built up? I mean, it hasn’t rained in months (in SEATTLE for God’s sake!)…we take off for Canada, with Bish, and it rains.

While you couldn’t call last Friday’s drive fun, we did laugh a lot. You had to…
Old 08-09-2004, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 327 Corvette powered Healey 100-4
Not Ranked     

Rich...

you veddy funny man.

Come to think of it, the only "rain alert" on the whole Bend portion of the Oregon trip was when Bish left to head home. Although I don't think it actually rained, it was sufficiently threatening for me to give him my official "Car and Driver" subscriber rain slicker for the drive. My next Bish encounter will be in September when WSU plays Colorado (my beloved sex maniac Buffs). I better haul out the rain gear.

I'll be checking on "Roswell" (CSX1999) while up your way. The new Everett Morrison frame should be ready and my Minilites have arrived (way cool!).

I'm thinking of trying to put together a run to the Wallowa Mtns region of NE Oregon next summer for Roswell's coming out party. I'll try to talk Bish into coming, I think they can use the precip.

Hope you and Mich can make it down this way for some skiing this year.

Walt
Old 08-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Does anyone remember that little buddy of Super Man? I think his name was "Joe Blkptcfst" or something like that. He was always under a little black rain cloud no matter where he went. I think I need to find a decal of the guy to put on my car. I really am starting to think I am cursed.

I bought season tickets for the Seahawks this year. That does not bode well for the home team!

Bish
Old 08-09-2004, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Look familiar?

Bish.....

Lil Abner actaully..

Zderf
Old 08-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

LOLOL, that's the one! Thought it was Super Man. Gotta make a decal of that somehow. Would make a good avitar too. Ideas?

Where the heck did you find it?

Bish
Old 08-09-2004, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA gone now
Not Ranked     

Ah Bishop..................you do have the knack!!

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity converge.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Talking Nutty Drivers EH?

Well we resemble that remark.
but it was the U.S. guys that skidded around the lower mainland freeways trying to stay out of the pinball Canuck's way. Mich is a real trooper weathering that rain !
The totalled Subaru coming back from Whistler was a reality check,he didn't make it.
The real "speed freak" award is a tie this year from the Oregon trip..........Jay & Dolly and Jake & Kim were hummin' so fast[had to pull 95 to catch up!] my poor wife,Bev, got motion sick from the coast to Roseburg.
All in all we had a great time,thank's Joe !
Perry.