Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2004, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Brock Coupe w/ Roush 402RC
Not Ranked     
Default What year will my car be (WA DOL)?

I am having a hard time finding any information on WA State's DOL site regarding registering/titling a "specially constructed vehicle" - if that is the term they use. I am particularly interested in knowing what year it will be titled as and what emission standards I am going to have to conform to.
BTW, I am looking a a new Superformance Coupe.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Also, what would my VIN be - are there choices?
Old 11-21-2004, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     
Arrow

I'm not sure about Washington, but Il. and some other states have a specialty(replica) construction titling process. Here our Coupe is a 1965(the year it replicates) Superformance Cobra coupe(car it replicates). The serial# is the SPF # that is issued with the car. Ours is currently for sale if you are looking for one already to go, titling included.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Check your PM
Old 11-21-2004, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

It will say KIT-V and will go by the date of manufacture of body or chassis.Mine came from Navada in 2000 .It was liescenced in Navada as a 65 but WA. ,they ended up with the date of manufacture as 84.Description goes on to describe it as a 65 Cobra replica ..
. Emmissions testing wil be every other year .even years on even and odd on odd years. No testing the first five years as long as regestration hasn't changed .Testing will continue everyother year untill it is over twentyfive years old. and anytime registration changes. With mine the emmisssions repairer and referee setteled on 1973 emmission standards as the goal. I end up going through the waiver prosces . 2008 will be the last year I have to test.I wonder how much Gasoline will cost then.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 11-21-2004 at 09:16 PM..
Old 11-28-2004, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When you take your car to be inspected by the Washington state Patrol they will ask you for your MSO (kit car) "Manufacturers statement of Origin, your title, engine, & transmission receipts along with the receipt for the kit (or roller depending which way you go) itself. Make sure you save every receipt. Mine (a Street Beast ) is registered as a 2004, 1966 Cobra. Also if your MSO number is not long enough WSP will assign you a number and rivet one plate under the hood somewhere and another to the interior of the car. This is for vehicle recovery in the event it is stolen. In upper Snohomish County we don't need the cars to be smog tested which is nice. If you live where it's required you will have other hoops to jump through. If you do the kit thing save every receipt because when you attempt to license it, Wa. will assess a sales tax based on those receipts and depending on where you go and how smart the individual is behind the counter you could pay 8.8% on the sum of what has not already been paid when your purchased yyour parts. I purchased everything less wheel and tires out of state and @ $42,000 + I could have been looking at $3000.00+ in sales tax. Send me a PM when your getting ready for all this as I can direct you to an outstanding individual in the D.O.L. that understands kit cars and replicas
Old 11-28-2004, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We are planning on moving from California to the Seattle area and I have not been able to get specific information regarding registration of my FFR Cobra. Any information you can provide would certainly be helpful. Mine is a completed car. Thanks again for for the insight and assistance.

Best regards, Tom Westover 949-240-6041
tomwestover@earthlink.net
Old 11-28-2004, 10:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 FFR2368 302
Not Ranked     

I bought my Cobra in Oregon and Licensed it in Washington in August. It was a piece of cake - if another state has already signed off on it and given you a title. You have to take your rig to a WSP vehicle inspection place (call to make an appointment). My trooper was really cool and told me stories about inspecting real cobras. Then you take his form and register it like any other car. The clerk may have to call DMV HQ to ask a few questions, but it was no really no big deal. Good Luck!
Old 11-29-2004, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dan,

I appreciate the feedback regarding Washington state being a "breeze" for "kit" Cobras.

Best regards, Tom Westover FFR20121.