Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Hello Brent & NWCC members -

Is anybody else from the Northwest region not currently registered but still planning on attending WSCB?

Note: 3 out of 12 is not bad but we were considering the NWCC formerly discussed convoy from the Northwest to be coming down together. I'm currenty still holding the other (9) spots for NWCC since you were an undecided group. We can't hold these spots much longer. The hotel rooms/availability/pricing and WSCB registration expires April 15th. Hope you can make it, and if not, no problem. However, please let us know either way so we can plan for you or to know count you guys out and we'll release the spots sooner than later.

Thanks,
Old 03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I was asking to go.But the climbing gas prices and lack of security for late commers is discuraging. Last time in Reno I was up all night looking out the window watching the car. And my idea of security is" two shot "not " I think they took your car around 2am "
Old 03-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Mike H,
There is secured fencing and security guards for those that actually reserve a room and register for WSCB. As for "late commers", that won't be an issue because registration expires April 15th.

Your comment about lack of security for late commers makes no sense at all, and discouraging to your other NW buddies. You've provided no questions to us for WSCB, and made some unfounded statements knowing very little about this particular location and arrangement.

FYI: There are several (originals) already registered that know Reno and the Peppermill well. For added comfort, the WSCB gates will be closed and locked during the evening with a security guard checking coded badges in order to gain access. The adjacent rooms do look right down on the lot too.

I gotta say..., its getting interesting to see where all the complaints, excuses, and negativity are coming from, and where it continues to come from. Unfortunate. Oh well.

Last edited by decooney; 03-26-2005 at 01:46 AM..
Old 03-26-2005, 04:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Mike H.

A late comer won't be until after April 15th. Are the climbing gas prices going to stop you from driving your Cobra completely?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Arrow No Excusses for having fun!

Hi,
After I broke my back and was not up to working on the car or doing much of anything, I kicked myself in the butt and said get out there anyway.
I have had some of the best times just" going " to car events without the car along. You don't need a car there to have fun, just bring a good attitude.
Perry.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

NW crew,
Guess what? Brent Mills is now registered. We just received it today. Looks like he's going to make it. And DRIVING the car according to his registration. Great news.

If it weren't for Brent and his ClubCobra site providing a quality place for Cobra regions to collaborate, its a pure and simple fact that WSCB would not have become a reality and so quickly.

Brent,
Indirectly, you are an element of the root cause of this whole thing and we acknowledge that and appreciate it.

Thanks Brent!

Last edited by decooney; 03-26-2005 at 01:05 PM..
Old 03-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Michael

It may be time for you to start looking at a different car. I enjoy my car very much and waited many years to get it, but I have never lost any sleep while its parked in the hotel parking lot. I have gone on several vacations with the car and having my car stolen was the last of my worries. The car is replacable and thats why we have insurance. If I worried as much as you do I could never leave it in the garage and go to work. My house is worth a hell of a lot more than my Cobra but I still leave it unattended. If I was to come home and find my house on fire the car wouldn't be the first thing I would try and get out.

I think Duane and his crew has done a great job in setting this get together up. His concerns are the same as everyones. If you feel that you would be worried sick then stay home and hire a guard to watch over your car. There are a many things in our life that can't be replaced but a cobra isn't one of them.

Gas prices what can I say "live with it"

Brent

Glad to hear you decided to join us Now what will it take to get a few more NWCC cars to join in . Steve and I will leave out of here on the morning of the 19th if you want to lead us to Reno.

Fred
Old 03-27-2005, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My wife and I really concidered joining you folks, but I figured it would set me back $1,200 to 1,500 and I can't afford that at this time. I still need to take care of a couple things on my car this year anyway. I sure hope this becomes a yearly event as I will be saving up to do this next year.

Have fun!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Brent,

Great to hear that you are coming and will be driving your car.

Duane,

Any chance for an up date listing all of the people who are signed up as of now?

Ron

Old 03-27-2005, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Default trip to Reno

Wow -- When I saw that it was going to cost someone from Portland $1,200 to $1,500 for he and his wife to go to the WSCB in Reno, I got worried. I will only be 160 miles closer, coming from Boise, so it can't be much cheaper for me, can it? While I was worrying, my lovely wife pointed out that I (1) often don't consider all the details; (2) tend to rush into things; and (3) worry about stupid things while not giving any thought to important stuff. When I disagreed with her, she only had to mention one word to make her point - "firewood".

Several winters ago our electric heat bill had reached $2,000 dollars and I was determined to do something about it. I found out that I could cut the bill in half by heating the house with wood in our fireplace. I was ready to make the change immediately. However, my wife being the thoughtful person she is, pointed out a few flaws in my thought process. To cut the heat bill in half, we would need an insert for the fireplace to make it efficient enough ($950). A forest service permit to cut the wood was $20 and I would be on my way. However, she further pointed out that I would also need a chain saw to cut the wood ($400). I also would need a truck to haul the wood home in ($29,000) no make that ($35,000), it would have to be a 4 X4 you know. Oh, and don't forget the insurance and gas ($1,000). She then suggested that the way I drive I should plan on having to replace at least 3 tires that I would destroy ($630). She then points out that at a savings of $1,000 a year it will ony take me 38 years to pay for the $38,000 it will cost me to burn firewood. Damn women and their logic! Luckily that summer the natural gas line came to our neighborhood and saved my bacon.

Now my wife may be right, but I'm thinking that the $1,200 to $1,500 is because the poor guy's wife must like to gamble and doesn't win very often. The one thing that I will agree with her about is that I must be worrying about this to much. So I'm going to stop worrying now, go to my shop and wistfully dust off my car, wishing for warmer and drier weather .... and we will see all of you in Reno
Old 03-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Arrow Gas money or gambling money?

Hi,
Well I figure that we would have gone to the cobra event in the PT cruiser if I couldn't take the cobra, so the cobra would take 100 gallons more to do the 2,500 mile roundtrip, about $250 more for some COBRA FUN vs a slug.
The Mrs will just have to cut back on the 21 tables or win quickly to pay for the extra gas!
Perry
[if the wife sees this my name is MUD ]
Old 03-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default List updated.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron61
Duane, Any chance for an up date listing all of the people who are signed up as of now? Ron

Ron,
The list is updated in the "who's going" thread on ClubCobra. I'll send out to the WSCB email list too. 20% trailiering. A handful of them driving over 750 up to 1740 miles. We have some serious ROAD WARRIORs here. My kinda people.

Last edited by decooney; 03-27-2005 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thanks Duane,

I can't seem to use the search function on here at all. I have tried about every combination that I can think of and I can have someone else type in exactly what I do and they get results. Must be something to do with my typing or set up.

Ron

Old 03-27-2005, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My figures are based on 5 nights in motels for us. That is a couple on the way down to Reno and a couple in Reno, a one on the way back. Driving my Cobra that is a gas hog and going about 1,200 miles round trip. Plus both of us like to eat food at least three times a day. I know some of you would most likely travel to Reno in one day, but i'm not sure I could handle that in my cobra. My figures may be a little hi, but I would rather have some fun along the way and not worry about money.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1007
Send a message via ICQ to kbisconti
Not Ranked     

You going? I'm going. Who's going?

http://www.clubcobra.com/t62111.html

Going, Going, Gone!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

We're out. The car is down, probably a collapsed lifter or a bent a valve, happened on Sunday. We really wanted to go in the car not fly-in and spend the time gawking at other's cars without our own car there. We cancelled all our reservations tonight after talking it over.

Will miss seeing friends though.

Maybe next year