Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, '69 351w
Not Ranked     
Default Can you help me ID my car?

Hello all,
another new guy here and I'm trying to see if anyone can help me gather information on my car. That sounds funny I know but, for obvious reasons, I would like to know more about it.
The person that I bought it from didn't have a whole lot of details on the car (he just liked to drive it and didn't care what it was) so I have been doing my own research

It is a black, 427 Cobra roadster, but like many cars, it has some unusual characteristics. Here’s what I know so far:

It was originally VIN’ed in 1978 in the State of Washington. I’m told it was built in Walla Walla, by a private party. The car is licensed as a 1967 Shelby (replica of course) and the manufacturer was listed as RHM. The person I bought the car from thought these were the initials of the person that built it.
There are no markings/identifications on the body/frame that I can find.
The frame is rectangular steel and the engine sits WAY back.
It has a 351 windsor out of a 69 Fairlane, a top loader 4 speed from a 67 Mustang, a Jaguar IRS, and a MG front suspension.
It has a 91.5 inch wheelbase.
The car was originally equipped with the gas filler in the middle just forward of the trunk deck but was relocated to the right rear fender (where it should be) a few years ago.
The battery was located in the trunk on the right hand side but was moved to the left side when the fueling cap was relocated.
The roll bar appears to have been added (or made into a 3 post style) at some time.
Judging by the grill splitter, the flare-less rear fenders, and the added roll bar, it was originally built to resemble a “streeter” 427 model.

This is the only good picture of it that I got before I trailered it home and tore it apart.

If anyone has any info/comments, please add them here or email me at ericpugh@comcast.net
Thanks, Eric
Old 04-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

...maybe an eagle-eyed member can help from that shot...

but, if you can take and post pics of the dash and trans tunnel, the hood hinge and firewall, and the door hinge... we stand a lot better chance of helping with the ID.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:03 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

One good side shot as well would be great on top of what Computerworks asked for.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Maybe

Hi,
The old Cardiac cobra made by John in N Vancouver,BC was 92" wheelbase and rectangular frame. He's out of business now.
Good Luck,
Perry.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, '69 351w
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for the responses. I appreciate the input, but there is no indication that this car was built from a kit so I'm not sure that photos would help but I'll post more soon. I didn't think that anyone would recognize it from a single photo. Actually, I was hoping that someone from the Walla Walla (Eastern Washington/Northwest) area might be on this forum and have knowledge of someone constructing this car nearly 30 years ago.
From my own research I have found that there are many simularities with an early Arntz (listed below) but I don't think that it is one.

1) Thick fibreglas (1/4" +)
2) Steel reinforced doors
3) 91.5" wheelbase
4) Frame designed for GM engine
5) Jag rear/MG front

Thanks again guys and keep the comments/suggestions coming.
Eric