Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 12:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default webers vs inglese vs twm

Considering for a 351C. All are expensive to varying degrees, but which would be better, in which ways and why?

Lastly, where is the best place to buy?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

You list Webers and Inglese as 2 different types of systems. An Inglese system is just a repackaged set of Webers with some dressing. If the Inglese system is signicantly more I'd eliminate it from the list.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ / FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     

Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, CA know their stuff. Highly recommended.
FFR Roadster #4867 408/TKO/3-Link
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, #930, 351W/427CID 419 RWHP (before the Webers!)
Not Ranked     

Inglese apparently has been sold to Comp (Cams) Performance Group. Will be interesting to see if their prices drop. Nice product but $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I put my system together with parts from Pierce Manifolds and the Weber kit from Top-End Performance along with linkage from Pegasus and CB design Engineering.

Gron Perry from Pierce Manifolds met me in Sacramento and tuned my webers. Great guy with a vast amount of knowledge. Stay away from FI guys who have limited weber knowledge and want to "tune" your system. Without a variety of jets you may never get there and the dollars will be astronomical.

You can't beat the Weber look and once they are tuned in you will have no ongoing problems.

Good luck!!

Terry Brown SPF 930
Terry Brown SPF #930 427W 419 RWHP 48 IDA Webers

"Remember, your car will not be more valuable after Track Day than it is the day before the event" - Eric W. instructional presentation on Track Day safety, 05/15/2008 WSCB
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2387, 427 W, Webers
Not Ranked     

Not meaning to Hijack the thread, but Terry I really like the linkage setup you have in your photo gallery. I have the Inglesse setup which pulls/rotates from the side not the center of the manifold. It looks like your setup could be a bit more predictable and easier to tune. I have had mine running for about 1 yr and with alot of time in the setup am very pleased with the performance and driveablity of the system. The throttle response is excellent as well as throttle modulation which is not as nice with a Holly setup. I love the look of the Carbs, and the car is very pleasant to drive even in traffic. I feel like the Webers are true to the 65 Shelby spirit and make for a really unique experience.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, #930, 351W/427CID 419 RWHP (before the Webers!)
Not Ranked     

Thanks!

"Traindriver" on CC has the complete parts list for the setup. He did the initial design on his car. He determined that the center pull is more consistent throughout acceleration in comparison to the side pull. Not having the side pull to compare I don't know, BUT his graphs sure were impressive.

Traindriver (AKA CB Design Engineering) built a beautiful centerplate for the center pull. Even cut a nice "W" for Weber in the middle. Class act!! Super price too.

Contact him if you ever want to modify your setup.

"Remember, your car will not be more valuable after Track Day than it is the day before the event" - Eric W. instructional presentation on Track Day safety, 05/15/2008 WSCB
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2387, 427 W, Webers
Not Ranked     

Thanks alot Terry, I think that I will probably do that. The only problem is that my car is running great now. I just got out of it after a little lunch time Cobra therapy! What a fun way to get a sandwitch! Thanks again for the help and feedback. Aron
Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4xxx, Alum. Shelby 427 w/ Webers,
Not Ranked     

Terry - I like your set-up......... how do you like the RamFlo Filters on 48IDAs vs. the regular screens?

What kind of fuel pressure gauges do you use, and do they work well?

Again your car really looks good!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jon:

1. The RamFlo's are a great filter. I do a few car shows and like the look of stacks alone. The Ramflos are mounted securely and take some time to remove and remount. Not a quick process when arriving at a show. I am going to try K&Ns made for Roush fuel injection stacks. Slip on and off. I will post pictures when they arrive. The issue will be secure fit and hood clearance.The RamFlos are available.

The RamFlo's actually filter incoming air and do not seem restrict airflow as the screens do.

2. Tough time with fuel pressure gauges. 0 -15 pound gauges. Never read the same it seems. They are accurate at start up and then fade. Have tried Summit's brand which is liquid filled and Barry Grant's which is dry. I am on my second set and using one each.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thx folks, that is very helpful on the webers. now anybody on the comparison with twm fuel-injected setup?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

If you are going TWM FI remember the cost of the set-up is just for the carbs and manifold...you'll need to supply the proper fi computer module as well as making sure your fuel supply lines, filter, pumps, return fuel lines(you do have one ,right?) are up to snuff...figure adding another another (ballbark figure)$500-1,000 for computer and parts and pieces(IE:linkage) you may need...the higher amount being if your car is already built and you have to do modifications to your fuel supply lines.
Any FI system is usually great once set up for me the cost was a way bit out of my price range.

Last edited by G.R.; 03-15-2007 at 11:00 PM..
Old 03-16-2007, 12:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #455, KC427W, TWM-FI
Not Ranked     

Terry,

you have a PM
Old 03-16-2007, 06:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     

Terry ,
I sent you an email.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

Come on down to the sales tax free zone and you can see my weber linkage.

Scott S