Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default NW Cobra Club Extreme Makeover

NW Cobra Club Extreme Makeover Team

Fred, We all got together Saturday since your care was broke down and decided to suprise you with a NW Cobra Club Extreme Makeover Party at my house. Ray and I disagree on the best way to install your new webbers. Ray's thought of pulling your engine out through the trunk has merit. Steve is a little (very little) concerned that your "to die for " upolstry may get damaged during the process he has hired a crew from Labor Ready to remove it before we start. I being the more sensible one in the group thought we should go through that big oval hole in the front. It is a shorter distance than yanking the driveline and all out the trunk, but, no, everyone is so concerned no to damage your car. The front would save time and energy allowing more time to enjoy Steves free beer and pizza!! Anyway we do it I'm sure your new webber will be somewhere on the engine. Andy thought like I did. He said put you car on my body machine and spin it. I asked an engineer from Boeing about it, he thought that about 5500 RPM to 7500 RPM the unnecessary parts and engine should fly off for easy axcess. We have thougt of everything. You can put away your wallet, the committee decided this is a NW Cobra Club Charity, possibly swap meet Project.

Jim
Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

And that right there folks are what friends are all about.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just so everyone knows the CAR is NOT broke as of yet, that may be a different story if your post comes true. I do want to thank you for offering all your time and ideas. I'm sure after all was said and done something would be shooting fire out of some orfice.

Fred
Old 10-14-2007, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Fred,
No need to thank us. As Silverback mentioned, this is what friends are about.

Jim is correct in his report of my concern for your interior, however let me give a more accurate account of the meeting. It started in the parking lot of the Harley Davidson dealership in Hawks Prairie. As is the norm, when we meet new Roadster owners, Jim is apt to display his engine compartment. You and I are both aware that there is not a single thing left in there to polish or chrome which frustrates Jim to no end.

As luck (Jim's) would have it, a new Roadster owner was overwhelmed at the sight of Jim's handy work and inquired if he would be willing to improve his own engine bay. Jim thought he died and went to heaven. He was immediately planning the modifications and as the ideas began to pour forth Ray, thank God, intervened. Ray wisely pointed out that you still did not have the Webbers installed on that FE of yours. Jim had the look of a man that had just realized he was at the diesel pump after putting 13 gallons into his Roadster's 15 gallon tank. Andy and I helped Jim to the curb and treated him for shock after which he was babbling about highly polished stacks.

That started him on the idea of the NW Cobra Club Extreme Makeover Team. Andy was no help at all, encouraging Jim with wild ideas and modifications to an FE engine that would make any reputable engine builder cry out in pain.

Fred, I want you to know that I used every ounce of my considerable negotiation skills to get them to reconsider the method that they would use to install the Webbers but the only concession I was able to achieve was a half hearted promise to “go easy on the interior”.

Sorry buddy
Old 10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys

Will you at least wait until I receive my new Chrome Vanadium plated high speed muffler bearing that I ordered from Warshawsky. I tried to order them from J.C. Whitney but they were back order and told me they would have to have them shipped from the store across the street. High speed quick jack bolts will be the next item to order.
I'm sure with all your ideas and my billfold we will have one fine looking car for next year.

Fred
Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Fred, When I pass on to that big cobra bash in the sky will you please have me chromed and prop me up by your webbers? I will set aside some money to have Steve polish my toosh to a high glaze shine that will reflect the beauty and shine of your motor.
Thank's bud.

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 10-15-2007 at 06:16 PM..
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will have to check with Steve about the polishing before I can agree with your request.

F
Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     
Talking

You guys crack me up. I am not sure what is more fun....driving my Cobra or reading the posts. I am actually excited that the weather is starting to turn ugly so I can spend more time reading these masterpieces . The up side is that I will save all kinds of money at the gas pumps in the coming months.
Fred, I just want to let you know that I am 100% behind you and if you need help bringing the guys back in a bit during the makeover I have your back . Jim if you have extra time on your hands and have the need to polish something on those cold nights I will bring over my monster 460 intake manifold. My engine bay could use some bling and it would make me feel a little better if I end up parked next to you at a show next year. you know you are doing something right when you end up with a best in show award at a all GM show. You are the man!

Jake
Old 10-16-2007, 03:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The first time Jim gets caught in a good rain like the one in Canada his whole summer will be used up just POLISHEN and we will be out DRIVEN. It do look good I will have to say that.

Fred
Old 10-20-2007, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     

Fred,

I appreciate your checking with me first before accepting Jim’s request to have me polish his posterior. As you so accurately mentioned, being caught in a downpour for a few hours will keep you busy for quite some time cleaning away all the dirt and grime.

I am firmly convinced that if Jim was with us on that trip, he would have required extensive therapy to overcome the trauma he would have endured after that rain storm. Mark, bless his soul, helped me clean up the body of my car while waiting for the ferry and Eileen had to hand feed me three Bud Lights at the end of the day just to get me to settle down. I’m not near as meticulous as Jim, so I can only imagine the horror if he were there.

As for Jim’s request to have his ”toosh” polished when he passes on to that big Cobra bash in the sky; me thinks I shall pass. I do not intend to completely ignore his request as he is a friend and I would not wish to dishonor our relationship.

Having given Jim’s request much thought, I’m going to order a 6” orbital polisher from Harbor Freight and pick up an 8 oz. can of Meguiar’s Hot Rims Mag & Aluminum Polish from Schucks. As Jim is not a large man, I believe the 8 oz. can will be sufficient. For those of you who know Jim far better than me, please contact me prior to Jim’s passing if additional polish will be required. In addition, I have notified the local funeral home of Jim’s request and have prepaid, at great personal expense, the employees to complete this task. They have also been requested to contact Fred to work out the logistics of propping Jim up next to those Webbers.

Last edited by Steve Bisson; 10-20-2007 at 01:00 PM..