Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Saturday's Run!

Great run! Fred, Steve, Ray, Larry, Andy and Me. We gathered at KK Tacoma Mall.

We took 1-5 to 512 to 410. We drove to Enunclaw and ate in Cumberland. We drove back to 18 then up to I-5 and back to Tacoma. Was a bit cold in the morming but a fun time.

And now for the rest of the Story!

Driving out of Buckly we noticed smoke comming from Steves left rear tire. Before we could warn him, off came the wheel just as we were crossing the Green River Bridge. For some miraculas reason, the car ballanced itself that enabled Steve to make it safely to the other side. Lucky for everyone, the tire struck a girder and flew high into the air crossing over oncomming traffic and over the side and into the water. We pulled over at the other side of the bridge and since Steve was allready wet from the incedent we made a human chain across the water, balancing on the slippery rocks to a point in the river that Fred could reach the wheel. We were all busting a gut but holding it in untill Ray started cracking jokes that caused Steve to loose his grip that caused Fred to slip. After a short burst of !*^^^#!!, Fred grabbed the wheel and we pulled him out. The wheel seemed undamaged and I had an extra set of nuts ( leave it alone Steve) so we put the wheel back on.

It was still early and quite cold so Larry pulled a blanket from his trunk for Steve and Fred. It was all funny seeing them bundled up in one blanket untill a motor coach who had noticed our accident pulled over. To our suprise, it was the Seahawk Cheerleaders on their way to the game. They all ran to us from the bus. With quick thinking, I tore off my leather jacket revealing my Matt Hasselbeck game jersey. The ladies began hugging us to bring warmth back into our bones but noticing the two old guys wrapped in the same blanket and Steve with his Miami Dolphin hat on sideways, quickly retreated to the safety of the bus. Freds shouts "But I have WEBBERS" was no use, Off they went. None of us were laghing now!! We all stood their glaring at Fred and Steve who both now realized how pathetic they looked. Their was dead silance untill Fred held up his hand as if he was back in grade school, and with a sheepish grin asked , " Where does the white go when the snow melts". Oh well it was fun and nothing got hurt except our expectations!!

Jim

Last edited by race-it; 10-28-2007 at 01:04 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim
You have a line of S*** a mile long. This winter is going to be fun.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Damn, now I'm really sorry I had to work again this weekend.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     

As Fred has so succinctly put it, Jim’s line of feces does have distance.

The day started at the Tacoma Mall KK with me, Larry and Fred arriving on time. Jim and Ray wandered in 25 minutes late. Both looked like they had been just rescued from some terrible disaster. When asked why they were late, Jim, the stand up guy that he is, took responsibility by stating “you know how Ray can be”.

It was a cold and overcast day with the sun threatening to shine. We decided to go inside Krispy Kreem for coffee before setting out on our run. Jim remained in the parking lot claiming he needed to polish something.

Having warmed ourselves, we headed to our trusty steeds. Larry noticed that Jim was wearing a lavender I Love Britney Speers T-shirt covered with a beige cardigan sweater with just the top button fastened. Considering the weather conditions, Larry thought this a bit odd (Larry is the smart one) and asked Jim if he wanted to borrow his Matt Hasselbeck football jersey and a spare leather jacket that he keeps for just these embarrassing occasions.

After getting Jim attired with an outfit fitting for the image of a Cobra owner/driver, we headed out on our run. The sun came out and the temperature rose to a brisk 55 degrees.
The sound and sight of five Cobras, in unison, was just inspiring. Passengers in passing vehicles were photographing us as they passed. It was a glorious day until Fred decided to pull off the road just at the east end of the bridge over the Green River.

It’s not a well known fact but Fred collects, what he calls, river junk. Unlike most river junk collectors, Fred concentrates on wheels and tires. It can be a distraction when traveling with Fred but he does have other redeeming qualities, like the only one in the group who has a Webber Injection System and a wife who let him purchase said system.
Anyway, Fred spots this wheel as we pass over the bridge and decides to retrieve it stating “it will complete my 185/75x13 collection”.

As Jim described, we formed a chain allowing Fred to grab hold of the wheel. Just as we are about to pull Fred and the wheel out of the river, Ray notices that the Seattle Seahawks cheerleaders are driving by in the team bus. The team, having a buy this week, had allowed the cheerleaders the use of the bus to tour the area to enjoy the fall colors. Jim got so excited he let go of my hand causing me and Fred to fall into the river. As luck would have it, the bus diver noticed our peril (Fred and I were both ankle deep in frigid water) and along with the cheerleaders came to our rescue.

Jim, envious of the attention we were getting, tore off Larry’s leather jacket. This displayed Larry’s jersey. Jim then went up the river bank screaming “I’m a fan, I’m a fan”.

All and all it was a good day.....
I can’t wait for the next run!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, After using my thesaurus to decipfer Steves first sentence, I can only admire and sympathize with Steve and Freds wives. Please dont worry girls, I heard the cheerleaders giggling about these two old guys and the minimizing effect the frigid
water must have had on their masculinity.

Steve, Would you stop bragging about me holding your hand, it bothers me. He loves that MaGuires feel and probly wont wash it for a week!
JIm

Last edited by race-it; 10-28-2007 at 02:17 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Can you imagine the stories after a couple 12 oz can of courage. Not only would they be bullet proof but they would think they were 18 again. I will say I did lose it when I pulled up next to Jim in Buckley and saw his get up. Why would any sane person wear tinted goggles with a car that has a windshield,
care to expond on that Jim.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sure thing Fred. You being vary familiar with aircraft and I assume space travel should understand the solar glare that radiates and reflects off the top of Steves head when his hat blows off and the sun is shinning. Those were NASA approved up to 987,000,000 candle power. Just short of what Steve reflects. Now you know where all his MaGuires goes! I did notice you were last in line. quite safe from our little glow worm buddy.

I think our next run should be to Jakes House! He has been avoiding our fine company. I promise not to tell any stories about Jake unless Fred or Steve starts it. A Deal guys!!

JIm

Last edited by race-it; 10-28-2007 at 04:06 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As we say at work after a big screw up "Your secret is safe with us"
I may have been last in line when we were going straight but I think it was a different story when the curves came up.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When the real "make a man" curves that really matter showed up, you were standing in the water as I remember, and your motor was to cold to start !
Jim

Last edited by race-it; 10-28-2007 at 07:55 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve
Are you going to step in here and hep abit or stand on the side and let me take the blunt of it.
Those tinted goggle have warped Jim's thinking.

F
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     
Question

Fred,
I am a little concerned about Jim's last two threads. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on virility. In retrospect it's starting to make sense. I remember when he installed the power converter in the trunk of old 98, explaining that his 130 amp alternator did not produce enough electricity to run the DVD player, 10 disc CD changer, 15” laptop, GPS and the refrigerator. He has been after Ray to rework his exhaust system so it will produce a more "manly" sound. Last week Andy told me that Jim increased his rev limiter up to 3,800 rpms. All of these observations, along with the WWll skull cap and goggles are starting to scare me. I just hope it’s a phase he’s going through.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-450 HP 460
Not Ranked     

And I thought I had a wild imagination!
What have you guys been putting in your coffee?

Ray