Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

Just don't do it!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Ok...which enclosed hauler ?

I'm convinced...going with a enclosed hauler...looking at Pace 18' and Mirage Xcalibur....anyone want to offer any warnings/advice/experience...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

Get e-trac installed the length of the trailer at track width. Makes it a breeze to secure the car with tire webs.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I recently trailer my SPF from LA to Northern California with an open trailer with no problems or damage to the paint.

I picked it up from a performance shop that had this 8" wide protection paper that is made to stick to the paint and protect it when working on these cars. We created a front bra with this material and stuck in around the cockpit then put the tonue cover on. No problems at all. I recommend looking for that protective paper. It will be well worth it.

I made the decision to pick it up myself vs. a transport based on me not wanting to wait. The cost of gas, food, and hotel was just as much as it would have been for a reputable fully enclosed and insured transporter.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     

Serpent Express now offers a "Retro Kit" to add the SE soft top to any open trailer.
See Serpent Express website for details.

Delivery time: about 3 weeks.

PS: The chicks dig 'em!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hey Don,
I have been looking for the source in Fast's photo too, so far no luck. I have been to Featherlite, Big Tex and several others. Please post a link if you beat me to the source. THANKS All.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'll see what I can find also. I bought the trailer in Oklahoma city so YOu might try local shops near there?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Email or call this guy. He is selling the trailer I posted pics of. My trailer has the exact front cowl as his but is not aluminum like his.

The Cargo Trailer Store - Open Auto Carriers for sale in Tampabay's Palmetto, Florida. Auto carrier, Car Hauler Tandem and Single axle trailers. Steve Covey Enterprises

I looked at the website for the company selling them but didn't find any info on it. My trailer was built by a small guy in oklahoma who owns a trailer store so I have no idea where he gets his parts. I told him I wanted a 20' trailer plus dovetail and a nice rock guard on the front and built me a 20' wood floor with that rock guard. I was happy! That company should be able to help you out.

More pics of the trailer can be found here Race Ads | For Sale: 2007 Featherlite 8'6" x 17 Car Hauler

Last edited by fsstnotch; 02-18-2008 at 06:28 PM..
Old 02-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar LS427 , 427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Click on their name in the advertiser's list on the left side of this page. It's described on their web site.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     

Serpent Express Owners Feedback
Old 02-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique #9159 428 FE 614HP by FE Specialties
Not Ranked     

I towed my boat about 40 miles with the cover on it. BAD mistake...better to leave the cover OFF! I drive the Cobra when I go...except the time I had to have engine work done...picked a day to tow it when there wasn't a chance of rain.

Tom