Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 12:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2773 Ford Racing 427W
Not Ranked     
Default Coast to Coast

Well, were off! Ocean Shores this morning ,then a quick pit stop to look the car over and were headed for Cape May N.J. SPF #2773 Jerry P.S. Got it all in the trunk . No trailer.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Well that's going to be quite a trip.

Good luck and most of all, have fun.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

My hat is off to you for having the guts to make a trip like that. I think too many of us lack the faith in our cars or the spirit of adventure to take on the kind of effort you're doing. I envy you. Just wish my wife was a little more adventurous because I'd really like to expand my road trips to more than just a thousand miles or so.
DonC
Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     

That is one hell of a trip! Cape May is a very picturesque town. Be sure to take your camera to the top of the lighthouse. Be safe and enjoy the journey.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Did the Pacific Ocean this moring ,everthing works great,21.6 mpg and should get better as we go. Bye #2773 jerry
Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jerry, what route are you taking ? There are dozens of Cobra Clubs along your route. Can we help / encourage you ?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Tucson View Post
Jerry, what route are you taking ? There are dozens of Cobra Clubs along your route. Can we help / encourage you ?
John,

70 E, 80, 90 W, Hookin up with the Chicago club for Chicago style pizza on June 10th.

680 mile Tues., 800 plus today. Below the jetstream now, out of the rain.

Stopped in Meridian at Gear 6. Visited owners Wayne and Victoria. Great people, beautiful store. Wayne gave me Superformance tips that I'll put to use when I get home.

Selena, Kansas tonight? Need to be in Ross, Ohio early Friday for a pitstop. Number 2773. Jerry.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOMOCONUT View Post
John,

70 E, 80, 90 W, Hookin up with the Chicago club for Chicago style pizza on June 10th.

680 mile Tues., 800 plus today. Below the jetstream now, out of the rain.

Stopped in Meridian at Gear 6. Visited owners Wayne and Victoria. Great people, beautiful store. Wayne gave me Superformance tips that I'll put to use when I get home.

Selena, Kansas tonight? Need to be in Ross, Ohio early Friday for a pitstop. Number 2773. Jerry.

Damn, you are putting the miles behind you aren't you.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2813, Roush 427SR/TW
Not Ranked     

Saw your pics on the Gear 6 website. I was up there on Monday to visit with Wayne and get some seat time in his demo, loved the car. Wayne and Victoria are great people. I actually decided to buy my car from them rather than from the local dealer due to the glowing reputation Wayne and Victoria have and continue to build.

Have a great and safe trip. My car is on a boat somewhere between Hong Kong and LA, can't wait.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well were here in Star City W.Va. Fri.evening.Things are going well,car is running just great,it is most comfortable at 65 but we'll get ran over.Have driven 3100 mi.since monday afternoon,and still fill great.The car is very comforable,better than most I've taken on road trips this being the longest.You would not believe what all is in this trunk.Tomorrows plan is to go see a great uncle in Maryland but the forcast is alot of rain. We'll see. Rock in the windshield Colorado,a grill full of tumbleweed in Kansas.#2773 Jerry
Old 05-31-2008, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

Jerry, I look forward to he hearing the updates along the way. I have to agree with the cars being comfortable. After a long day driving my truck I feel beat up and given the same miles in the Cobra I feel great. What a fantastic way to break in your car and make memories that money can not buy! Well on second thought you can buy them at about $4.00 a gallon.

Best wishes, Jake
Old 05-31-2008, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jake 514, Were in Bethesda MD. tonight after being pounded by heavy rains lightning,one so close we could smell it. Then there was some hydroplaining. We cut it short today for some beers and pool time ,also start to dry out.Tomorrow it's off to Mount Vernon on the Potomac in Virginia and than into Delaware. #2773 Jerry
Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 396 long block, PROBE Forged Dished pistons 8.75 to 1 and Vic Jr. heads from Engine Factory. Tremec TKO. BDR#244 Sterling Gray/Silver stripes. 17in polished wheels, glove box and tonneau cover.
Not Ranked     

Hmm... I could do a quick trip down to I-80 to meet you. Don't know if we can get you any Deep Dish Pizza but we sure can try to find a place off I-80!
FYI We got the highest Gas Prices in the Nation. LOL! Well maybe not down by I80 but up here its down right NUTZ!!

Sid
Old 06-02-2008, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five with EFI 5.0 w/ other stuff bolted on
Not Ranked     

There's NOTHING in this world than TRUE Chicago style pizza! I'll meet up with you for a bite.
Steno
Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ON THE BEACH! Were here,got here this moring. Yesterday Sunday we got hit by an ugly storm, it was a wall of water. Rain like I've never seen before.My gas milage droped from 20-21 mpg to under 10 mpg from pushing deep water.We are using no side curtains which works ok as long as we don't stop. Have lots of big bath towels to catch some water and keep the seat dry,so far it has worked well .
The Beach, I'ts beautiful,light sand 85 degrees clear skies,the water is warm,87 tomorrow,leave on wed. back to Maryland,then to Carisle Penn. All Ford Nationals. First time I've driven a car in to the show. Cobra is all working gust fine, had a coolant leak this moring, lower rad. hose clamp, just tightened it up. Later, #2773 Jerry
Old 06-02-2008, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

PIZZA! BEER See you there. #2773 Jerry
Old 06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok we're back on the computer tonight mon.. Met my brother and sister inlaw in Rockville MD., during an ugly storm . We, sweetie and I got soaked getting the cover on the car which takes about 15 seconds.Girls went to D.C. Brad and I went to Carlisle for four days. It was HOT! near 100 degrees with high humidity, but it was a great show with about 3500 cars , all Ford, cool!. Left Gettysburg today heading home to Wash. Still HOT! Now in north Ohio ,just east of the mid-west storms.Thunder lighting and rain, car is just outside our motel room under it's covers. Two, one for the paint, one for the rain. We'll see if we can get out of here in the morning and head for Chicago for pizza.The cobra is doing super , has not missed a beat. Later.
#2773 Jerry
P.S. Put the car in the Dynamic- SPF display dirty, just as it is. People loved it! Got alot of coments.

Last edited by FOMOCONUT; 06-09-2008 at 05:57 PM..
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Jerry, Thanks for the updates. Many of us have been following your escapade. There are some really good people in the Toledo and Detroit areas in case you need some help.
If you get "rained-in" my son lives just north of Toledo and he has a three car garage for the Cobra and a basement for you to stay in. John
Old 06-14-2008, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We're home, Edgewood Wa. and all is well.Superformance builds an excellent product! More detailes later. Coast to Coast and back 7400 miles and ready for more #2773 Jerry
Old 06-14-2008, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Way Cool! You've got balls.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way