Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Emissions Solution!!!

Steve,

Gloria found the contact and phone number. Call Kerry Swayne with the Dept of Licensing. His phone number is 425-649-7101. He is the kit car special list for the DOL. He took care of the problem while I was on the phone.

Dale McBain
SPF #469
White w/ Royal Blue Strip
Old 11-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale McBain View Post
Steve,

Gloria found the contact and phone number. Call Kerry Swayne with the Dept of Licensing. His phone number is 425-649-7101. He is the kit car special list for the DOL. He took care of the problem while I was on the phone.

Dale McBain
SPF #469
White w/ Royal Blue Strip
Dale,

Kerry works for the Dept. of Ecology. They are authority in charge of emissions for the State of Wa.

Jim
Old 11-16-2008, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

Is there a way to print just a chosen post and not the whole thread?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     

Dale,
I called Kerry 2 weeks ago and he took care of the problem. The new tags have been installed so I'm good for 2 years. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Good. I know I was sweating it until I talked to Kerry.

See you on the road!

Dale
Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael C Henry View Post
Is there a way to print just a chosen post and not the whole thread?
Mike,
Highlight the info you want then choose selections from your printer rather than all the pages in the thread.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII, 347 stroker EFI, 3 link solid axle rear, front upper/lower adjustable A arms, coil over shocks
Not Ranked     

I would love to join the dyno in the spring, Steve.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Even without Kerry's involvement, worst case is you spend $150 with a liesenced emmissions repairer and get some improvement and get a waiver.
My neighbor is messing around with HHO seperaters. The older carbruetered vehicles showed the best improvement. The 96 Chevy truck has been a problem. It'll get upwards of 24 mpg then keeps going back to its original 14 mpg. Old 84 motorhome went through so clean the emmission testing people had to talk to the rest of the crew to see if they were doing the test wrong.
The Dyno tune episode, where and what would be involved?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,

The dyno-tune involves a series of runs (pulls) to determine baseline torque and horsepower at various rpm. The technician then adjusts the air-fuel ratio, timing (base, total and advance curve) for peak torque and HP. A graph is printed out to show the results. Below is a link to the shop that we will be using.

http://www.carbconn.com/

Jason,

I'll contact the shop around June when I have some idea as to how many folks are interested. We may be able to get a group discount.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

I'm new to the kit car arena. My FFR MK3 complete kit should arrive some time around the 15th of this month. I work for the Dept of Licensing. I sent emails to my state representatives. They got very involved and the following is the answer I received. Starting in 2009 Washington State will follow the California emissions standards and will no long require emissions tests for cars manufactured in 2009 or later (because they run so clean). So, since Washington State licenses kit cars in the year they were built the kit car will no longer need an emissions test starting in 2009. This info was delivered to me personally from an official with the State Dept of Ecology.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gee! Thats handy. Hope it turns out for you, But I'd be willing to bet there is a surprise in store you you somewhere down the road.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,

I suspect you're probably right. Working with any government agency isn't always a smooth process. I'm keeping my fingures crossed because I ordered the kit with straight headers / no emissions.

Thanks,

Bruce
Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Make sure that you get and keep the manufactures Statement of Origin. Keep any and all sales receipts. Helps with value, date of maunfacture(which is important because the date of the car will begin when manufactured rather than the day you bring it to be inspected) and with this state sales tax. I've heard where The HyWay Patrol inspecter said that without those receipts they suspect thecar was assembled with parts that are stolen and they want as much sales tax as possible.
And, God forbid ,if your situation changes and you go to sell it. The next buyer will have the documentation for an older date as apposed to brand new. Without personel connections, it first five eyears no testing, then every other year untill over twentyfive years old.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 12-07-2008 at 03:22 PM..
Old 12-02-2008, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the heads up. I'm keeping a folder for all receipts.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There is NO state patrol inspection required unless you are bringing an already titled car from out of state into the state of Washington. Mine was titled and licensed before I finished unpacking the boxes. Also, you only have to pay sales tax on the intitial price of the kit, not the parts it took to build it.

Jim
Old 12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bruce,
Welcome to the group. I assume you have visited the FFCobra.com for help with your construction project. Those folks, as well as a few on this site are more than willing to help you spend money on your build.

Jim is correct; there is no State Patrol inspection for assembled vehicles and the sale tax is collected on the cost of the kit. Good luck on your build and if you need a ride to keep the motivation alive, there are a bunch of us in the area who will unselfishly give up an afternoon of honey-do items to give you a ride. If you happen to get stuck with Jim (race it) he will more than likley have you polish something on his car.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Jim and Steve,

Thanks for the encouragement.

Jim,

You say no state patrol inspection is needed and you had your title and license before you unpacked the boxes. So, what did you take to them to get your title/license? Don't they want to see the car?

Bruce
Old 12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceSnyder View Post
Hey Jim and Steve,

Thanks for the encouragement.

Jim,

You say no state patrol inspection is needed and you had your title and license before you unpacked the boxes. So, what did you take to them to get your title/license? Don't they want to see the car?

Bruce
All they wanted was the MSO (manufacturers statement of origin) and the receipt for the kit (for the amount to charge sales tax on). Nobody needs to see the car. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Jim