Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Global Warming Sucks !

Hi,
I'm sick of this global warming myth here, snow every day.......
Lets go back to the fossil fuel burnathon and be able to drive in the rain.
Perry.

Last edited by HighPlainsDrifter; 12-24-2008 at 05:11 PM..
Old 12-24-2008, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1969 Mustang Fastback Pro-Street, constantly changing ongoing project!
Not Ranked     

No Global warming here. Just plenty of snow & ice!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body; but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"
Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Yup...no doubt about it..

The earth is certainly flat...just look...see how flat it is ?? I mean really if it was round, people would fall off right ???
Old 12-25-2008, 02:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
The earth is certainly flat...just look...see how flat it is ?? I mean really if it was round, people would fall off right ???
And I have a list of people that should fall off the earth.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That list wouldn't happen to include any politicians would it?

Hard to believe that it is getting warmer when we have days here that go from 70s one day into the 20s the next. I live just on the break line of snow and rain, so the snow we get is always very wet and heavy to shovel.But so far this year, we have only had abut an inch and little rain. Mostly just very cold and then warm and then back to cold. Yesterday we had light rain all day with a few snowflakes mixed in. This morning it is 32 and sprinkling.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-25-2008, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Ron,

Think there is any merit in this theory, Maybe global warming is like refrigeration dynamics. Give up heat, to get cold. Somebody somewhere is sucking up all of your heat to keep warm, and leaving you with the cold. Those guys "down under" are mighty quiet right now!!! Hmmmmm!!!

2 trillions tons of ice melted this year, Yikes-- do you realise how many rum and cokes this would chill??

Last edited by Maurice Johnson; 12-25-2008 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: Needed a drink!!
Old 12-25-2008, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default I don't know for sure if it is warming...

But I do know, that you can't make a accurate judgement based upon your short term local observations....I'll go with the scientific consensus...
Old 12-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Maurice,

That is a lot of ice and I read the other day that the only glacier in the world that isn't shrinking is the one on Mt. Shasta. I guess the Goddess is saving that one to use for snow for Warren and Tru.

But I do know, that you can't make a accurate judgement based upon your short term local observations....I'll go with the scientific consensus...

That I agree with and what we put into the air I believe is just speeding up a cycle that they have found has repeated itself before. Some of the science shows have show where they have found proof that the Earth has had warming cycles in the past and there was no ice at either pole. But it took longer for those cycles than this next one is going to take to happen and they also returned to normal faster than it will this time if their data is correct. Really doesn't affect us as it took millions of years each time for a cycle to complete. I doubt if many of us will be here a million years from now. Unless we are frozen.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 40 years

Hi,
I quess I'm just house bound here...1st time since I've been driving, 40 years now, that I haven't been able to get out of my driveway on Xmas cause there is 2 feet of snow.
At least we have power and heat.
Perry
Old 12-25-2008, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Perry what is wrong with this picture You have a second home in Gilbert, AZ and its December with you presently snowed in with 2 feet of snow in your driveway.

Richard (formerly know as **** but thanks to the censors)
Old 12-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Tell me about it !

Merry Xmas,
You are used to the snow, we aren't, nothing moving but 4 wheel drives.
Bev still works so we are limited as to staying south all winter but we're taking a break in AZ in a couple weeks
I wonder if anyone has made a 4 wheel drive cobra, might be a good project.
Perry.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

The only consensus with Global Warming is that Al Gore is getting VERY rich off it!
Old 12-26-2008, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     
Default Global Warming Sucks

Thanks to all of you who have done your part to ensure global warming in the mid-atlantic area. The weather weanies have promised a 65f day on Sunday.
Got an hour in on Christmas day with a 45f and partly sunny. Sorry to the west coast guys. You normally get better weather than we do.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
There is no scientific consensus. You can find just as many (maybe more) scientist that don't agree with global warming. I actually heard a show on the radio the other day where scientist were talking about global cooling. How do you explain global warming and cooling before humans? I tend to think its a natural trend for the most part, but who am I...
Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Buy the book "Unstopable Global Warming Every 1,500 years". Very well written. After reading it, you'll really get pissed every time someone claims that global warming is man-made.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP180 with 428FE and Crendon 427 with Southern Automotive 462 side oiler
Not Ranked     

always makes me smile, when as a kid in the late 60's early 70's I was terrified by talk of the coming ice age; it didnt come.

Then we were told the oceans were going to swell and drown us all; it didnt happen.

Three decades later, after wittering on about global dimming from polution (which didnt happen) theyre now telling us global warming will kill us all.

Think about it, if you were a scientist and you wnted to keep your job and get reserach grant funding; isnt it better to have a 'you're all doomed' scenario to investigate rather than do less scary research into the cycle of climate variance over (perhaps) a much longer timescale??

Im not saying that global warming isnt happening; or is...but nobody has any real proof; its just smoke and mirrors.

If politicians really wanted us to massively reduce CO2 emmissions theyd switch off street lights, ban office blocks from being lit empty at night, outlaw neon signs, ban barbecue heaters etc etc but they arent; ask yourself why??
Because global warming is the biggest blatant tax opportunity since William III's 1696 window tax..

Smoke and mirrors gentlemen, smoke and mirrors.....

We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time.

My Gallery

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=28157
Old 12-26-2008, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421 351W
Not Ranked     

Up here in the sticks of Wisconsin we are on a record pace to blow last year's record out of the water! Our normal
total seasonal snowfall is 56.5 inches; of that our normal total at this time of year is 18.5 inches; well, as of today we are already at 30.25 inches, and we still have Jan, Feb, and March to go!