Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2001, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     
Default A DIFFERENT KIND OF GET TOGETHER on 8/19/01

A friend of mine (Spike Perigo) runs a foundation called "The DOCS Foundation". It stands for "Diabetes On the Cure in Seattle". They are a non-profit organization seeking a cure for diabetes. They have a website at www.docsfoundation.org

Anyhow, the organization is compromized of Harley Davidson owners and enthusiasts. They are a bunch a neat guys and gals riding mostly $20k+ Harleys and Indians. They are putting on a big event (600+ bikes expected) this August 19 and they are begging me to bring Club Cobra members. Unlike the bikes, they aren't requiring any donations whatsoever from us (a little something might be nice though). They just feel like Cobra's and Harley's have a lot in common, they're both loud and they both rattle apart on long road trips. Seriously, they want this event to grow and Cobra's seemed like a natural progression.

More on the event; it will be held at Mariner High School in Everett (200 12th St. SW) starting at 8:00a.m and running to noon. They will have breakfast, live music (Smokin' Gun and The Pump Girl's), Squatch from the Sonics will be there riding his Harley, Pat Benatar will be signing autographs, John Carlson (former candidate for Govenor and commentator) will be there, and some other surprise celebrities? Then at noon the whole pack dissenbarkes to Darrington to the Classic Rock Festival. At that point, we can follow the pack of Harley's and go to the concert or do anything we please.

Those of us who want to follow and go to the rock concert are welcome, but should make the $50 minimum donation for the concert and lunch. It sounds fun to me, and its nice that it starts early and if you want to head home at noon you still have the rest of the day to burn.

They want to know how many spots to reserve for us at the High School? I've told them one for sure, but I'd love to tell them a lot more. I'd love to hear from you guys on the likelyhood of attending.

Todd

P.S. Kris will be there this time

Last edited by Todd & Kris; 07-30-2001 at 11:00 PM..
Old 07-31-2001, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds like a fun time. I'm putting it on my calender. Hope to hear about more details.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Another northend event! Count me in.

Rich
Old 07-31-2001, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     

That's great guy's!!

Who else?
Old 07-31-2001, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Angry DRATS @#%&*

When we chatted about this at the Mustang Roundup, I could not wait to learn more. On this date I regret to advise that I and Fam are on vacation, and I can't make it. You can be sure I'd be there if I could.

Sounds like a worthwhile cause and fun event. Those of you who can, certainly should!

Zderf
Old 07-31-2001, 04:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Sounds like a great day. Will have to check with Linda, but would like to attend and will mark it on the calendar. Keep us posted and I'll confirm later.

Bish
Old 07-31-2001, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

For those of you wondering where Mariner High School is...take the 128th ST exit off I-5, head west, take the 1st right and its about a half mile down on the right. Very easy to find and get to. Look for the giant ship propeller imbedded in the ground in front of the school.

Rich
Old 08-01-2001, 12:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default It's a go:

Todd,

Checked with Linda, (actually she saw your post before I did) and we will be there. Sounds like fun, not sure if we will go to the concert. I like Pat Benitar a lot, but not much on "Rock Concerts" otherwise. Linda likes concerts, so if she wants to I can sure live with it.

Bish
Old 08-01-2001, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re: It's a go:

That's great Everyone.

I'm not sure if were going to the concert either? It sounds fun enough just going to the High School event.

Bob Johnson said he would be there also!

Who else?

Todd
Old 08-02-2001, 04:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Someone needs to show Bob Johnson which buttons to push so he can get on the Forum. Told me he has a computer, but doesn't know how to use it!!!!!!

Bish
Old 08-03-2001, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 la exotics 351W supercharged
Not Ranked     

Todd, I will check with Dolly but I think we can attend. Jay E
Old 08-03-2001, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jay & Dolly;

That would be great. Kris is looking forward to meeting the two of you. Maybe we can caravan up there?

How about Brent? Maybe this can be the first event of the year with the revamped Cobra?

Use your resources friend. If you need any help let us know? If you need to tow it somewhere I have a car trailer and a 3/4 ton pick-up? Don't hesitate to ask.

Todd & Kris

Old 08-05-2001, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     

Sounds like one Dianne and I will need to attend. Not sure about the concert either, worry more about the car more so than myself. If Bish and Linda end up going to the concert then I'm sure Dianne will want to go too. Checking wit the SO but for the time being count us in.

Kevin and Dianne
Old 08-05-2001, 11:41 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Todd, I'd like to go, but I'm just not sure. I have been working a lot as we're trying to ship a product, and I have had little spare energy to work on the Cobra. The other thing is that everything I do on the Cobra seems to create more work for me. The thing I have learned with this project, is that I have never done anything like this, and I have a difficult time anticipating how long something will take to complete.

This is what I wrote up this morning as an outline for what I need to do to get this thing done....

Engine Stuff

1. Brake lines.
a. Cut hole in top of tunnel
b. Install lines.
c. Bleed brakes
d. Bleed Clutch.

2. Install Alternator.
3. Install cooling hoses and coolant.
4. Finish Oil Cooler lines.
5. Adjust Tranny position.
6. Hook up wiring.
7. Hook up headers.

Interior Stuff

1. Need to make floor.
2. Finish Tunnel.
3. Trim back panel to fit better.
4. Make aluminum pieces to go aroud door.
5. Have Dash made.
6. Make engine side firewall.
7. Coat all aluminum.

Old 08-05-2001, 01:20 PM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     
Cool Yep Brent that's a bunch!

At least a case maybe two, I sure hope you get it together before the rain set in.

Scott S
Old 08-06-2001, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brent;

Man o' man; that's a big punch-list you got there. I understand and have been there many times.

The offer is still open.

Best of Luck,
Todd & Kris
Old 08-06-2001, 03:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brent,

If you're like me, this whole thing started out as and oil change. One thing just seems to lead to another!!!

Bish
Old 08-10-2001, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just following up, the DOCS Foundation wants to know how many Cobra's will be at the event. If you want to call the gal who's coordinating us, her name is Charlie and her mobile number is (206)793-9557. She is supper nice.

So far it looks like we have to 6 to 7 cars. I'm going to tell them 10 in hopes that a few more of you can make it. It's going to be a lot of fun! If you think its a possibility then let me know.

Since it gets over around noon maybe we could cruise around and grab lunch afterwards?

THANKS,
Todd & Kris
Old 08-15-2001, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does anybody want to meet before the event and drive in together? As impressive as one Cobra is...a bunch is way cooler!

Rich
Old 08-16-2001, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Arrow Yet Another Vacation Plan Torpedoed

It now looks as tho I may not be taking another camping trip (second cancellation), and if that turns out to be so(will know late today), I'll plan on attending this event.

Rich, I would be proud to "style in" in your company.

More to follow. Oops. False alarm, trip is back on. poop.

Brent... I had no idea you had such a large list of remaining items. My goodness...... that's a mid winter list!

Zderf

Last edited by Zderf; 08-16-2001 at 04:44 PM..