28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2002, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default American Le Mans race.

This coming weekend of the 29th and 30th. The American Le Mans races will be at Mid Ohio race car course . I am planning on going to at least one of the days and maybe both if anyone is interested in going or meeting there let me know and we can arrange to meet or caravan to the races . Talk to you soon .
Aaron

Last edited by slvrsnk; 06-25-2002 at 05:46 PM..
Old 06-27-2002, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aaron ~ which day are you leaning toward.....Saturday or Sunday and what time????

Brian
Old 06-28-2002, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sataurday

Well since Sunday is going to be live on the boob tube. I thought that Saturday would be a good day to go .
Old 06-28-2002, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aaron ~ Saturday is good......what time??? Could maybe meet you at the 71 & 61 exit. Let me know.

Brian
Old 06-29-2002, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default new glitch

Ihave to bring the children so it is no Cobra for me .
I am still going but just with some extra sets of ear plugs ( for the children.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wow

Am I glad that we brought earplugs . The kids and I were not prepaired for the sounds of the cars. The Corvetts were amazing , the Panoz was probably the loudest car I have heard, I wish the Lister was running this year it was quoted as being the loudest car that the announcers had ever heard ( it had a 10 liter V8). The Indy cars are probably louder but they do not sound like thunder rolling up on you. On a side note the Audis were amazingly fast and very quiet ( those crafty Germans)
I thought that I saw your car there parked in the infield, doing it's best impression of every childs dream ( saw about a half dozen people taking their picture with it .
Well I hope that you had a great time and rembered your sunscreen.
Aaron
Old 06-29-2002, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aaron ~ yep, that was me. It was really the first time that I had it out around a large group of people and I had a hard time getting away from the car because everyone was asking me about it. My biggest mistake was opening the hood......everyone had to come over and take a look see!!!! Talked to alot of people and passed out a bunch of SPF brochures.

We hung out for about 3 hours, drank a few beers and a couple bottled waters. Also bought some awesome cobra pics for my office.

Sunscreen is always on the list when going to Mid-Ohio. At least there was a slight breeze at times. I remember one of the last times I was at the Indy car races, it must have been 100+ in the shade and people were dropping over like flies!!! Let me know if you ever head up this way again or if there is anything going on down your way. Or better yet, just a cruise somewhere.

Later,

Brian
Old 06-30-2002, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Cool

Aaron, Brian,

Glad you guys had fun up there! Woulda liked to have joined you, but family activities kept me around home this weekend.

Was up for last years, and enjoyed it(tagged along with the Hart Racing NSX), along with the CART race. BUT, if you really wanna make your ears bleed, nothing but nothing, compares to "feeling" 6000 HP on Nitro-Methane. Makes those Le Mans cars seem like a soft whisper!

When's the next Ohio meeting??

Dave
Old 07-01-2002, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aaron,
Dave asked when our next meeting is-- Question--Could we combine the next meeting and the fund raiser--(August 25th show)?. I'm really trying to see if we can get our club to make a good showing--if it doesn't make sense to do that (combine club meeting and show) that's fine also. I know you guys had thought about meeing up here for the next meeting--
But we maybe able to kill two birds with one shot--
Let me know--
Mike
Old 07-01-2002, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sounds Good

Mike
That is a great idea . I think it is at the very heart of what the club is about. I will leave it up to you for the information on the show. I will help with anything else that you need.
Talk to you soon .
Aaron
Old 07-02-2002, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aaron
Go under "Fund Raiser in Columbus" on the Ohio Cobra Club site.

The show is called "Cruisin For Children" The date is Aug. 25th

The purpose of the show is to raise $$$ for children in
Foster Care.

Our agency has over 100 children in Franklin County.

If anyone wants to enter the show, the registration is from 1pm-3pm with awards at 6pm.

If you have a fax I can send you the flyer--

Thanks,
Mike