14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Mid-Ohio Cobra Club

Hey Ohio guys,

I mentioned this to DV and a good few of you I met at Winking Lizard in Independence back in January, and I finally decided to bring it here.

I'm going to be starting up a "Mid-Ohio Cobra Club" (MOCC) here once this weather tease takes hold.

No dues, no rules, no intent to step on anyone's toes, just a means for those of us blessed to be within spitting distance of one of the greatest road tracks in the country to get together and thin the ozone!

I know there are a couple of us in Lexington, a few in Galion, and I'm sure if there are multiple cobras in Lexington and Galion, there have to be a few in Mansfield, Ontario, Ashland, etc...

I haven't been on much since that day in January we all met up in Cleveland because that night was pretty cold if you remember and I left my laptop in my car overnight. It bit the dust. But I have a new computer now.

With that computer, I'm planning to put together a website to keep everyone in tune w/ local events, shows, cruise-ins, etc... as well as to display some cool pics, video, etc...

Also, as I mentioned before, a cool Ohio Cobra Club calendar is in the works, and I have enlisted my dad to organize a photo shoot for the cover. I will be using your individual pictures for each month. It will be a 16 month calendar.

I'll try to cut this introductory note short and only bombard you with my short stories when there is new news.

I'm looking forward to this new 'chapter' of the OCC. With great places like Mohican, Mid-Ohio, and just lots of good hilly twisty roads (42, 546, 97, 95, 3, 13, etc...), it'd be a shame to not get the group together, cruise in to JB's for a burger and a milkshake, and go for a cruise every now and again.

Thanks, guys, and I hope to see many of you soon. The weather yesterday was a real tease and I hear this Saturday will be even better.

JP Leedy
MOCC
Old 03-26-2004, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351W-stroked
Not Ranked     
Default Mid-Ohio Cobra Club

J.P.
There is a Central Ohio Cobra Club already in existance. Do you mean to set up a different group? If so, maybe we can merge activities and events. We haven't had too good of a response to things down here in Columbus but we're willing to participate. We tried to set things up on the same basis as what you've suggested i.e., no dues etc. just getting together once in a while and cruising. I'm sure Rick Dorman, me and a few others would be up for that so keep after it! I'm with you!!
Frank SPF # 725
Old 03-26-2004, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Frank,

Well, I had definitely not intended on imposing on the Central Ohio CC at all. I guess Mid-Ohio is kind of a misnomer unless you take it as a Race Track name rather than a geographical name.

I thought about that a couple of months ago but have since watched Trading Spaces and therefore my entire memory was erased. So here's my disclaimer:

**The Mid-Ohio Cobra Club is not meant in any way to replace or duplicate the Central Ohio Cobra Club. The MOCC is in existence because I'm real close to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and I know a few other folks are, too. My plan is to post every single car event in the area on the website, and to schedule events whenever possible like cruises, a lunch, whatever it may be. If guys from Columbus or Cleveland or even Colorado happen to be in town, let the MOCC know and we'll get together if possible.

My intent is to just have a means by which some local guys can get together, drink beers, drive the cars, and tell lies - not all at the same time, PLEASE!

If the definition of an MOCC meeting is 2 cobras and their drivers get together for a cheeseburger then go make some noise, then I hope we have a lot of meetings.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

It sounds like a just cause.....
Old 03-26-2004, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

J.P. (also my son's moniker)
No toes to step on. Just wanted to pass on some info. I'll want to participate so I'm looking forward to any events-especially at Mid-Ohio that I can attend. Good luck!
Frank SPF # 725
Old 03-28-2004, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, Frank...

I got the impression after meeting you all at the Lizard that nobody takes offense to anyone or anything like that in the OCC. Good group of people!

Got the baby out this evening for some hard driving, and it was wonderful. I think spring is finally here.

Hope everyone else got a chance to drive a little this weekend!!

JP
Old 03-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

A new chapter, cool. We have the northern, southern, central and now the Mid-Ohio chapter of OCC.

Now the web thing. Have you done web hosting before? Are you going to do it on your personal PC?

I have always thought of Club Cobra as our 'home' page. You can do what ever you need right here. Members lists, events schedules, pictures, links, etc. Plus we have our most excellent web master, thank you Brent, taking care of the whole works for us (don't forget to contribute to the cause folks!). But if you do, do a site, would you be interested in keeping it for all of OCC?

Folks from around the state could send you information about events, etc and add it to the site?

What ever you do, please keep my up to date on member information so that I can keep the OCC member ship contact information current.

Like we talked about at the Winking Lizard, we are going to do our Fall Follage Cruise in the Mohican area this year. Could this be the first MOCC "sponsored" event???? Do I have a volunteer????

Folks from all over the state. If there is an event that is coming up that is of interest, PLEASE LET ME KNOW so that I can let everyone else know. There may be some one from another part of the state that will be in the area and would like to attend.

The weather is breaking for the better so folks lets start getting those picnics, gathering, cruises etc planned out!

If you do not receive email from me on a fairly regular basis and you want to know what is going on, drop me an emial with your information and I will add you to the list.

ALL.......................... My emails to the group have a decided Central Ohio slant to them. The reason for this is I basically have no clue what is going on in the rest of the state and surrounding area. So please, do let me know so that I can add it to the list!

Thanks
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-29-2004, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,

justinleedy@adelphia.net

I definitely had no intent on hosting the site from my own PC. My main intent with the web site would be something with a little different slant than club cobra.

I guess (sheepish look on face) I haven't really explored all the functionality of clubcobra.com yet.

Main intent of the new site, if it ever happens, would be to just have an additional outlet for the calendar stuff and pics/videos. May never happen. I have good intentions, but...well you know.

Anyways, if I were to do the web site, I would love for it to be a full OCC dedicated site. And hell yes, consider the Fall cruise an MOCC sponsored event. But I hope it doesn't end up being the first one!!

You can count on me to set it up and organize it and everything. But I plan on a couple of things happening this spring and summer first.

Glad to have your blessing, Rick. I don't receive emails from you on a regular basis, so add that email at the top of this post to your list.

Thanks!
JP
Old 03-29-2004, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

Speaking of websites, I took the plunge last Friday and started a Website for the Lake Snakes. First time I've ever done anything like it...so it will constantly be a work in progress. Right now just the summer events are on it. www.lakesnakescobraclub.com
Old 03-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OMG Justin! I can't beleive I didn't have you on the mailing list much less the OCC directory. I am slipping man!

The web site sounds great. If you ever do it, let me know! Trust me, you don't need my blessing! This club is what the members make of it. I am just one of them with an 'appointed' title! LOL. I need to get off my duff an put some of the stuff up here for all to see!

Fall Cruise. You got it man! Lets talk as the time approaches. Perhaps an over nighter? Do the have cabins/lodge at Mohican? Most importantly, is it dry?

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keep up the good work Jack! Web sites can be a lot of work, just ask Brent!
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-29-2004, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,

Well, now, I know I don't *need* anyone's blessing, but yours (as well as others) is appreciated!! You guys are the ones that have made the Cobra family what it is, and that's part of the reason my dad and I have a Cobra now. A big part! We started this project searching for the perfect Chevelle or Mustang from the 60's and then we went to the Fling (II) and met everyone. Easy choice.

Mohican has cabins, a lodge, and camping. And yes, being a State Park, it is most certainly dry. Some of my old fraternity brothers from the Cleveland area go down there every summer for camping and they are in a drunken haze the whole time. You can get away with it. But a few of them got booted last year. I'm guessing they're more obnoxious than we'd be, as we'd just be hoping to be able to "knock a few back" rather than put ourselves in the ER.

There are some "quaint" (LOL) hotels there in Loudonville that are a matter of minutes from the park. I'm sure they don't mind if you drink, as long as it's not that fancy schmancy crap from overseas. "PBR me ASAP" comes to mind.

We'll talk more as we get closer, but there's a lot to do in the area for a bunch of care free Cobra people.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon...
Old 03-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DRY!!!!!!!!! OH no!!!!!! Perhaps some cabins then. Over night may not work real well because they are probably booked during peak leaf season plus we will need a rain date!

Thanks for the kind words about 'the family'. It to pulled me in when I started down the same road. It is now a part of me and of course my family. Like a fraternity of sorts. We just need to work on the secret handshake!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-29-2004, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And don't forget the secret mystery code ring!! LOL
Frank SPF # 725
Old 03-30-2004, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey I was just checking out the Mohican Resort.

www.mohicanresort.com

Kinda pricey but they do have a full bar. You are right, limited availability during peak leaf season. For a weekend, you have to stay over the whole weekend. Weekdays aren't as bad, but you're looking at $115-$125 for double occupancy. Not horrible, but...

As an alternative, if people do want to stay overnight, there are a dozen place in the nearby area (Mansfield, Lexington, Loudonville, etc...) that probably wouldn't be as full, have as many restrictions, or be DRY. There are some cool places to go eat, drink, and be merry, and Mohican (and surrounding countrywise) are much nicer looking during the day.

Let me put it this way: If you guys want to get together, cruise the scenes, throw back some beers, and hang out and have fun, I can set up a day and a half of that in the area easy. I've lived there my whole life (last couple years excluded).
Old 03-30-2004, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     
Default Looks great!!

Jack,

Thanks for the website... Looks great... I'll keep checking back to see the progress you're making...
Again,,, thanks....

al
Old 03-30-2004, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

Like I said this is my first endevor...Went to add a new page this morning and lost most of it...Won't be able to fix it until tomorrow
Old 04-01-2004, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jack,

Ed gave me your cell number today but I'm not going to use it til I get the OK.

Maybe we could get some things together for a benefit for Team Jenny.

I have another thread about this elsewhere, but I'm putting it here to get the rest of the OCC guys to read it

My plans are for a real small get-together at my apartment with people that don't even know what this is all about (other than it benefits CF research). But hell, if we want to get together and do something bigger for the COBRA FAMILY, that'd be REALLY cool!

You're W of Cleveland and I'm E (Cleveland Heights is home, Mayfield Village is work), but we could probably figure out a cool venue to do a big picnic or something later this Spring (once this stupid sleet/snow crap is done).

My home phone is 216/320-9779.
My cell phone is 440/479-6878.
My work phone is 440/395-0370.

Call me ANYTIME, although I recommend home between 6pm and 11pm, cell between 7-7:30AM and 4:30-5PM, and work from 7:30-4:30.

And in the event of a really big breakthrough or some nice night cruising weather, you can call the home number in the middle of the night for all I care!

I work really close (across the street) from the metroparks and there are all kinds of great big picnic areas for a get-together. Give me a call sometime, we should set something up. DV even said he'd do everything in his power to be there!!

Thanks Jack (and all who read this and would like to take part)!!!

JP
Old 04-01-2004, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool Leading the way!

Hey OCC guys, I talked to DV today and he has me inspired! There's been plenty of talk as to how/why the OCC stuff has failed in the past to discourage me from starting up the Mid-OH Cobra Club thing.

But!! He seemed to indicate the biggest reasons are that nobody really wants to organize things and fail.

Well, I've failed my whole life!! So I'm not afraid to do it some more!

They say if you build it, they will come, and that is my plan. I realy want to work with the local chapter gurus (Rick, Jack, etc...) to plan some cool events. In the Mid-OH area, in teh Cleveland area, wherever!

But what I need from you guys is a desire! No talking a big game unless you want to actually take part in some stuff, alrighty?

My little fancy apartment gourmet meal thing seems like it's going to work, but it got some people brewing ideas for a bigger Cobra Family Function like a big picnic or spaghetti dinner. What about a pancake eating contest? Hell, we're all mostly a bunch of fat bastards , so let's get it going on!!!

Until I get the MOCC website started up, I'm going to be counting on Rick to keep everyone abreast of any events going on that are my little brainchildren. Can a brainchild be plural? It is now.

So look for something to be posted soon about an event in late May or early June. That will be the christening of the Mid-Ohio Cobra Club.

I'll also be helping Rick set up the Fall Foliage cruise at and around Mohican this fall, among other things.

Stay tuned and pray for SUN!!!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Man you are on fire Justin! You have been bit hard my friend.

Take the 'if you build it, they will come' attitude. It seems to work best. If the event is supposed to involve the Cobras, generally you will not get much in the way of commitment until people are comfortable with the forecast. If it is not intended to be a 'car' event, then the turn out seems to be better. That way people can commit to come either way and if the weather happens to be beautiful, all the better.

If you do any event, or any one for that matter, in the entire state, I will make every effort to be there. So that makes at least two!

And by-the-by, I do some pretty darn good cooking myself!

We need a photographer to take some pics and post so we can show all those who missed out the good times we have! Any one got pics from the Winking Lizard? Put them up in the forum and I will let all the member know. In fact, I would like to start a 'sticky' thread here in our forum with links to all of our members pictures and of course our events.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com