Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default FORD GTs at London Cobra Show?

I have to admit that I am a little confused on this one. I thought that the London Cobra Show was for assembled kit cars. Why were there FORD GTs allowed in the show and cruise? I also saw a red '99+ Mustang GT in the show this year. Last year there was a '67 Mustang convertible. I think I would feel a little retarded entering these cars in the show...

Help me understand what is the theme. Don’t get me wrong. FORD GTs and Mustangs are cool, but they seemed out of place at this event. I am afraid of what will be allowed to be entered next year: Vipers, Corvettes, gay Imports with big wings, etc.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:46 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Racingrick,

I don't know but I didn't mind the fact that Ford GT's were there. I noticed that you didn't say anything about the FF GTM. I was under the impression that show was about cobra, Daytonas, and Ford GT 40. The main theme was and is about the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. But that is my opinion.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

You might want to post the question on the LCS feedback thread... the club was looking for any/all comments, criticisms, etc. on how to make the show better next year...

LCS feedback wanted

As I recall, last year the Mustang convertible was being traded for a Cobra replica, and it was convienent for both parties to meet and enjoy the show.

From the LCS website... "This is your chance to become immersed in the Cobra experience. See lots of different makes and color combinations; including Cobra's, Daytona Coupe's and GT40 replicas. Checkout the multitude of engine configurations. Above all, relax and have FUN!"

Dan

Last edited by Dan Stryffeler; 06-29-2007 at 11:51 AM..
Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Dang Rick relax man! I don't think we're gonna be invaded by the fart can mufflers. LOL

Old 06-30-2007, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

The red Ford GT40 was owned by Dennis Olthoff, a Superformance dealer from North Carolina. Superformance builds these replicas from molds and parts models taken directly from Jimmy Price's original GT40 Mk3 car. Jimmy owns Hi-Tech, parent compnay of Superformance. Since Superformance also makes replica Cobras, it's appropriate this car was allowed at LCS, etc.

There was also a red Ford GT - NOT a GT40 - owned by Bill Pierce there, as well. Bill runs the FFR website. There also was a Factory Five GTM kit car there, as well. Since FFR also makes Cobra kit cars, it was also appropriate this car was there.

The red Mustang GT convertible was owned by a older gentleman, who is Federal Court Judge from East Tennessee. He and his wife just happened to be staying at the Super 8 Motel when we all mobbed the place on Thursday PM. Basically, he was taken by all of us, our cars, and the fun we were having...and he asked if he could join us. Well...since CF was the beneficiary of his $100 registration fee...why not? He had a ball, and we enjoyed their company. I think they were a little overwhelmed with our hospitality...he had a few cocktails with is during the couple of days they were there and he was fun to talk with...

I doubt seriously if any Vipers or Fart-canned Hondas will be joining our little group any time in the foreseeable future. Not to worry...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.

Last edited by Flyin_Freddie; 06-30-2007 at 03:09 PM..