14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2001, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Cool Central region role call!

Ok, guys, just an update here.

So far, I think this is acurate for a list of guys in the central ohio area. Please jump in if I've missed you. Should be easier to keep track with our new forum!

BC
Dick
Frank
Bullit Dog
DV
Chris

Aaron and Alec, are you online yet? These guys are interested, but were't real familiar with this website. Alec has a green/gold Classic Roadster, probably one of the nicest, if not THE nicest, home built Cobras you'll see. Aaron just finished his AWESOME SPF Cobra, and is in the process of starting a shop in Columbus to do turnkey SPF's for customers who wish to buy complete cars. Two first class, very knowledgeable guys!

Also, keep the name ideas rolling in. We should probably at least try to settle on that pretty soon.

Thanks, everyone.
Dave
Old 07-18-2001, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wait a second Dave--you've got more prospective members then we do--that will soon end--we in the NCCC region need to get some more members--Let's push the Berea cruse in---talk to any and all Cobra owners and lovers---
Maybe we should make up some business cards to pass out--I can have my secretary work on this-- when she gets back to work--she got hit by a car--doing ok--but sore
I told her that's a lousy way to stop a car--

Keep um coming--

Dave--thanks for your help in Columbus---
What about Cincinnati--Toledo--Youngstown--Dayton--
Big Parrie--etc, etc.

I feel like Jim Bakker @ a fund raiser--Thank God not Tammy==

Mike
Old 07-18-2001, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike
Are you saying you can't five Cobras up your way? That hard to believe! I thought Cobras were invented up north! HA!

So what do you think about this cruise in central Ohio and the get together to discuss the Central Ohio Club?

Dave
I think you may be right. Just pick a meeting spot. Set a time to meet and then just start cruise in a direction.

I touch base w/a couple more central ohio guys that don't web surf.

I'm going out of town for two weeks so my forum participation will be limited.

Later

bc
Old 07-18-2001, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Been out recruiting, Mike! Made some good connections at the Good Guys Rod show last weekend.

Sorry about your secretary, please extend her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I'm still happy to host the Columbus meeting in September at my house, if people would prefer a country residence over something in the city. We could even turn it into a cookout type thing if there is interest. I have plenty of room, and a nice, peaceful setting along the banks of Big Darby Creek. It's whatever most would prefer. Opinions, everyone???

BC,
Ever been to the Hocking Hills area? One of my all time favorite spots for pleasure driving. Just an idea for your August cruise.

Dave
Old 07-19-2001, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 5.0 fuel injected stock
Not Ranked     

Dave,
Your place sounds good to me for our State meet! I'll take country any day over the city. I live in the city so it's nice to get away once in a while. Don't happen to play horseshoes do you? If you have someplace to set them up I'll bring a set. Should be a nice day for all.

Les
Old 07-19-2001, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave your place sounds good for the State get together. Looking forward to it.

The Hocking Hills is a beautiful drive. I know of a piece of road that is just the curviest and twisted real-estate (3 miles) you've ever seen. Perfect for Cobras. It would be on the way to Hocking Hills. Great idea, I never thought looking in my own back yard.

bc
Old 07-19-2001, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Les,
While I have pitched a few shoes, I wouldn't call myself a player by any means! I don't have anything set up, but I think we can find a place if you wanna bring your equipment. Also, if we decide to meet here, bring your fishing poles if you like to fish! Lots of BIG carp, and some bass in Darby.

BC,
I just knew you'd know all about Hocking Hills! Which road are you speaking of? Geeze, there are so many good ones around there!

I hope everyone is finding this thread ok....

Dave
Old 07-19-2001, 01:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

LES, did I hear you correctly--you live in a city--now the Wads is a city--but WOO--

WELL THAT'S IT--we will meet at Dave's. Is that ok with you D/D?

I'm sure we will muster up more than 5 Cobras--just let us at them--

I haven't fished sense Eisenhower was a private--but I can try--
Things continue to look good--keep it up--
Mike
Old 07-19-2001, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
Wooster is as big of a city as I want to live in! Give me green pasters any day over big city lights. I challenge you to a game of horseshoes City Boy!!

Les
Old 07-19-2001, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Your on.
Mike
Old 07-23-2001, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Daves Place!

Dave,
I was just wondering...how does the Mrs. feel about us meeting at your place? We don't want you to be sleeping in the dog house over this!! Also if you can think of anything else that we could bring or do to help.. just say the word!!
Les
Old 07-23-2001, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Well, Les, the dog house is currently occupied by my 12 year old Siberian Husky, Shelby(gotta love the name!!).

But, luckily, I'm in between wives right now. #1 shipped out years ago, haven't managed to sufficiently woo #2 yet.... but I don't think she'd banish me to the dog house over a Cobra invasion. Heck, she'll probably be the biggest toad in the puddle(metaphorically speaking, of course..).

Thanks for asking, tho!

Dave
Old 08-22-2001, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Do we have any idea how many folks are going to show up?

I think we need to get a role call.

I think we need to get DD to attend if we are going to assist with the next ---Spring Fling---(can't wait)

September 8th is closing in--

You guys in the other regions may want to consider the show in Cleveland--it's at the Ford plant and being put on by the employees at the plant.

Should be a great time--
Mike
Old 08-23-2001, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Mike,

I was thinking, next week, I would start the "push" to get people informed and ready for the Sept. meeting. It's been quiet long enough! Time to start getting reved up!

Do you think we should start a new thread for sign-in? Might be easier to keep track. What kind of numbers are you thinking? I'm thinking 10-20 would be great!

Do you have a rough agenda you wish to follow? Tho the main idea is fun, I'm sure there are some issues that would be good to resolve as a group. Geeze, we central guys don't even have a name yet!

Oh well, next week, lets get things stirred up!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Dave
Old 08-23-2001, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default State Meeting

Mike.. I will be attending on the 8th for the State meeting.

Dave..Hope you hear from some of the Central folks soon, it's been very quiet.
Les

Last edited by Les Brown; 08-23-2001 at 05:36 PM..
Old 08-23-2001, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

dave-just let me know where and i'll be there-it has been a loooong summer here at work-not much time to enjoy the cobra but sat i'm going to try like hell to make it to the alms races at midohio. for 28.00 you get a alms and trans am race,hopefully it will be fun-chris
Old 08-23-2001, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Les, Dave and all;

For those of us going on the 8th from NOCC, we should try to get a caravan. Wadesdad (Steve) has a list of members and phone #'s.

Dave mentioned in his last link he wants to start pushing for an attendance list next week.

Dave, I agree, we should probably set up a new site--for the role call.

On the 7th I'll be up all night cooking the potato chips--to take along--I think I'll cook Frito.

Also, I'll need to sharpen my horse shoes.

Later,
m
Old 08-24-2001, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of an A&C
Not Ranked     
Default Member List

Member list sent as an Excel file attatchment last night to everyone with an e-mail address listed. For those of you not computer savvy, try to get your kids or niece or nephew to open it, once nursery school lets out.

(I call it like I see it!) This stuff comes quickly to their young minds.

I look forward to seeing everyone at David's on the 8th.

Steve
Old 08-24-2001, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Steve, thanks for the list! It was good to talk to you last night. Best of luck with your A&C!

Mike, I'll start a new post Sunday night or Monday for sign-in. Take it easy on those chips, too. Save your energy for the shoe tossing. Btw, do horses prefer Nikes, too?

Chris, good to hear from you! All work and no play....tisk, tisk... watch right here for all the info and updates!

Les, yep, been too quiet! That's about to change! I still think Ohio could have the biggest club of all the states, despite our "seasonal" driving weather.

On a side note, I am planning to go to the 10TV show at the Historical Center on Saturday. Anyone else going?

Dave
Old 08-24-2001, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

dave-i almost forgot about it-i think i'll head up to the show instead of mid ohio. i will be there before noon-i'll keep a eye out for ya-chris p.s.-if you want to meet somewhere shoot me a email and if i get it before i leave i'll meet you.