Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 AC Aces, 1 w/289, 1 w/TBD
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the pics guys, I now understand. Keith has stated in his last post on the ACOC forum, Ceandess acknowledges they do not have correct button currently, but have asked for a cap to copy. Keith has secured an Ace cap and will be taking it to the meeting on the 14th so they can confirm they can make the part correctly. Please keep in mind that I am only relaying what I am being told and am not part of the conversations with Ceandess. That being said, Keith has always been a stand up guy and he understands we all are all looking for a correct cap, so I believe he will communicate the real situation, and if Ceandess cannot make it correctly it will be a non-starter.
As for the coordination of the cap requests, Keith has asked if I will capture the requests from here and send the total to him so none of you will need to contact him directly.
So far I have;
Larry 1
Bill E 1
Karl 2
Jeff 2
Bill S 1

Did I miss anyone?

Jay
Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Not Ranked     

Jay please include me in that list. If it will have the round button I definitely want one.
Thanks,
John O
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Hey Jay, I'd better get on the list for 2. Sent a PM also.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John and Nick, I'll send your names along to Keith.
Nick,
PM received and I will let Keith know that also.
Thanks,
Jay
Old 10-20-2011, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To all that were interested in the original gas caps, Keith Lessiter has posted the following on the AC owners Club Forum. He is getting ready to place the order and needs all of those who put in orders to get money sent by the end of Nov so they can proceed. They ended up being a bit more than anticipated, but still seem reasonable to me. I know many do not have access to the ACOC forum, so if you have any questions I can relay them to Keith.
Here is a link to the thread and the update is towards the bottom of page 5.

AC Owners Club - New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps
Jay

PLACING ORDER with CEANDES Ltd for "200 Fuel Filler Caps".

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being patient and having faith in me. Initialy I thought we might receive orders for say 10 or 20 Correct Authentic Fuel Filler Caps.
Who would have thought a few months later we would be committing and entering into a commercial contract for 200 pieces with the original supplier.

To meet the logistics in processing Orders, Banking, Post & Packing and financing... ... I would like to thank Gerry Hawkridge of HAWK CARS Ltd for his order of 50 pieces and offering his Services to make this commercial project / venture possible.

Each Complete Unit comprises of a fully assembled zinc cast chrome plated lozenge shaped Hinged Fuel Filler Cap with the correct spring loaded keyhole shaped manual release, cap fitted with a replaceable Anti-splash back seal and fuel filler neck with tube .

Special Price for PROMPT PAYMENT .. Cheques or Credit Card ... received BEFORE 30th November 2011.

£88.50 plus £8.50 post and Packing plus 20% vat £116.40Pounds Sterling...

Payment after 30th November revert to full price of £140.40 Inc p&p and vat..

Please make Cheques Payable to HAWK CARS Ltd and posted to:

Keith Lessiter
Courtyard Cottage
Blisworth Road
Gayton
Northamptonshire
NN7 3EY
ENGLAND.

For those wishing to pay by credit card,( Add £2.00 )
please email me your details:- Name, address card details....
for extra security please email me your three digit security number on separate email. ( better to be safe than sorry .. ..)Keith.lessiter@faac.co.uk

or phone :- 0044 (0) 7889 298 226

Sorry the price has increased from initial Guestimate. But this is due to time taken to get multiple patterns correct plus assembling additional components to make a complete unit ready to fit to your AC... Ace, Aceca, Greyhound and Cobra ( please note .. rubber body seal not included)
Does anyone have a source / supply for the rubber body seal

Last but not least Thank You for your Order/s.
Delivery 8 to 10 weeks from receipt of official order.

This roller coaster ride has been both a education and a experience, Next Project ..

Keith....