Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 289 leafspring, r/p
Not Ranked     
Default CSX info

I see CSX info has disappeared, domain expired. I know it wasn't used much recently, but it's a shame as there was a lot of useful knowledge on that forum which is presumably now inaccessible.
I apologise in advance if I now repeat questions I asked on there a year or two back...

Roger
Old 10-25-2013, 05:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Just temporary... working on a reboot.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Thanks Roger we fixed it this morning. I always see people on there but very little participation and discussion. People are always cruising the picture galleries. If there's any feedback Ron and I would love to hear it. I'll start, more pictures ;-)
Old 10-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

There a section for replica pics?
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 289 leafspring, r/p
Not Ranked     

Excellent! - Thanks Nick. As you say maybe not so many posts, but a very valuable resource. As with any forum, its strength is in the quality of the contributors!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 ccx View Post
there a section for replica pics?
:lol:

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Been away from CSXINFO for a while. Tried to log back in, but didn't recognize me. So I tried to re-register. Will wait and see.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys, of course we have the section with "our featured recreations" (not replicas) here.
csxinfo.net - Photo Gallery
Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
Thanks Roger we fixed it this morning. I always see people on there but very little participation and discussion. People are always cruising the picture galleries. If there's any feedback Ron and I would love to hear it. I'll start, more pictures ;-)
I have provided many photos for CSXinfo.net , but got fed up of people stealing them and putting the photos on other websites without my permission.

Tried sending smaller photos but they were not accepted.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have sent many new pics from CSX cars 2 or 3 years ago. They never made it to the home page :-(
Old 11-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys we really do appreciate the support. The pictures were indeed getting copied for other web sites as pointed out. Ron has since lettered them all as CSXinfo pictures. I know pictures are popular as there are always people looking over in the gallery. I will make an effort to get a few numbers up that you don't see on other sites. I'm sure Ron will continue to help us out with it.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by migge View Post
I have sent many new pics from CSX cars 2 or 3 years ago. They never made it to the home page :-(
I had the same problem , sent Kris an email as a reminder to put the photos up .

Last edited by hurricaneharold; 11-29-2013 at 03:50 PM..
Old 11-29-2013, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
Hey guys we really do appreciate the support. The pictures were indeed getting copied for other web sites as pointed out. Ron has since lettered them all as CSXinfo pictures. I know pictures are popular as there are always people looking over in the gallery. I will make an effort to get a few numbers up that you don't see on other sites. I'm sure Ron will continue to help us out with it.
Nick, unfortunately lettering the photos with CSXinfo.net does not stop people stealing the photos, cropping the letters from the photos and then putting them on other websites.

I found a load of my photos stolen and used on a couple of other websites without my permission , the admin of one of the sites banned me from the site, removed my photos,then put them back on there a week later ! Thankfully the site has now closed.

Another alternative could be posting photos like this with a Copyright Notice and a watermark to really spoil the photo.

http://[URL=http://s15.photobucket.com/user/hurricaneharold/media/CSX2116.jpg.html]

Last edited by hurricaneharold; 11-29-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Old 11-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Harold...
People will leech photos from anywhere.

I personally find copyright overlays offensive, unless the author is a professional photographer, and earns a living from his images.
The branding we do on csxinfo helps with simple leeches, but, yes, it can be cropped out.

I will not upload watermarked pictures, they are a waste of time.

I guess, the question is...if use is an issue, then why bother to publicly post images at all? To me, either it is a 'share' or it isn't.

Submissions for csxinfo should be good quality 800x600 or better. Larger hi-bit images are OK, and they will be resized.

If earlier submissions never made it to the site, please resubmit and i will be sure they get posted.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ron,

You are right, but putting photos online does not mean we are giving the copy right away , it is always polite to ask and not just leech peoples photos, and that's what gets up my nose, I am not a professional photographer who gets paid for my photos, but I do take professional quality photos, but whether you are a professional photographer or not, you still own the copy right for your work.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DB427SC. 289FIA. COUPE. Round tube, Aluminium body, 427FE
Not Ranked     

I don't think anyone should complain about people copying their photos if they have posted them on the internet, yes it would be nice if they asked.
They are only photos though, how many of the budding photographers gained consent to snap the subject of the photo? There doesn't seem to be a rule on that one for the "snappers".
$50-$1000 camera vs $200,000+ car!!!

Or am I missing the point somewhere?
PatBuckley likes this.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by db replicas View Post
I don't think anyone should complain about people copying their photos if they have posted them on the internet, yes it would be nice if they asked.
They are only photos though, how many of the budding photographers gained consent to snap the subject of the photo? There doesn't seem to be a rule on that one for the "snappers".
$50-$1000 camera vs $200,000+ car!!!

Or am I missing the point somewhere?
Yes you are definatly missing the point, especially if you think the value of the cars and cameras has anything to do with it.

If you are in a public place eg a race track you don't need the consent of the subject to take the photo. But it does give the photographer the rights to either sue or ask to be credited for the photos,or ask for them to be removed as they are being used without permission. Plus it saves PI**ING people off .

It is also polite to ask first.

They might "ONLY" be photos, but that does NOT give people the rights to use them without your permission. I suggest you do some research on copyright laws and also photographing people in public places like race tracks, and you may then get the missing points.

Posting photos on the internet does not give people the rights to do what they want with other peoples photos.

Last edited by hurricaneharold; 11-30-2013 at 10:13 AM..
Old 11-30-2013, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DB427SC. 289FIA. COUPE. Round tube, Aluminium body, 427FE
Not Ranked     

I was thinking more about morals than copyright.
If someone pumps $200k into something then Mr Happy Snapper takes a photo of it and all of a sudden Mr Happy Snapper owns the image with no compensation for the owner of the subject of the image! something very wrong with that IMHO.
I have had Happy Snappers take pictures of my cars (For free, but without permission) and then use them to promote their business, and/or stick copyright marks on them when they post them on the net! Cheeky buggers!!
Like I said, it would be nice if people asked before "Borrowing" pictures, or "taking them" in the first place.
Are you paparazzi by any chance????
Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

I assume everyone is aware that numerous sites, including Facebook, have in their user agreements that anything posted becomes "public" to the extent that the poster gives up the right to exclusivity, and that the host site assumes ownership of the images and can do whatever they want with them. I would think this infringes on anyone's ability to claim rights to the images they have posted, but it does leave a grey area as to whether users of any given site can also "borrow" the same images and photos with impunity. What do the legal minds here say about this conundrum?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by db replicas View Post
I was thinking more about morals than copyright.
If someone pumps $200k into something then Mr Happy Snapper takes a photo of it and all of a sudden Mr Happy Snapper owns the image with no compensation for the owner of the subject of the image! something very wrong with that IMHO.
I have had Happy Snappers take pictures of my cars (For free, but without permission) and then use them to promote their business, and/or stick copyright marks on them when they post them on the net! Cheeky buggers!!
Like I said, it would be nice if people asked before "Borrowing" pictures, or "taking them" in the first place.
Are you paparazzi by any chance????
Dave I see you are from Stoke On Trent , let me know what your car looks like if you are at any shows in the UK, and I will make sure I don`t take any photos of your cars .

No I am not the paparazzi, and I don't take photos for financial gain to promote my commercial business. Also when I take photos, I have offered to send the owners of many cars photos for free of there cars.

Last edited by hurricaneharold; 11-30-2013 at 11:52 AM..