17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Need help - positions of components on PS footbox top

So I am continuing to make some good progress on my 427 S/C originality build based on a FF MKIV. I have all the original Lucas and Ford electrical components that go on the firewall and footboxes. So I am working on the top of the PS footboy. I need your help to position them in a way that best mimics the original cars. I know the shape of the footbox is not identical to the original and I have had some difficulty locating a good pic for the S/C cars. I know the serial plate goes in the area as shown in my pic with 4 rivets in the four corners. The Autolite voltage regular goes behind but some pics show it upside down (turned 180 degrees so the word Autolite is upside down and the wiring terminals point to the rear of the car. My final firewall position will be about 2" forward of where it is in the pic. How high up does the other regulator go? And how about the location for the vent? Any pics and any specifics that you can provide will be deeply appreciated.
thx much
Ron
Old 10-26-2014, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm not an expert on 427 S/C's but it looks pretty good too me with that shape of the FFR footbox.
Larry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: