Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Originality Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/)
-   -   Original Shellby Found in quarry - VIN for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/134873-original-shellby-found-quarry-vin-sale.html)

CNGreen 10-14-2015 01:24 PM

What I really want to know from the group: Will the rebuilt car be a REAL Cobra or a replica?

:)

fordracing65 10-14-2015 02:16 PM

I just bought 20 tickets, sent money and paid in full with a receipt, I hope I win...:eek:

Paul F 10-14-2015 02:17 PM

"What I really want to know from the group: Will the rebuilt car be a REAL Cobra or a replica?"

Our team is discussing that very point. Since we are not knowledgeable about these sorts of things, we will be consulting here with the experts. Once we have the pertinent information, we will becoming here to find out more about that important issue. I've done some reading here. From what I've read, it's very clear cut about real vs replica. So I don't think there will be much discussion when we bring it up.

Ace23 10-14-2015 02:31 PM

This is by far the most ridiculous thread I have seen on here. If you can get that ole rusty trunk open you might find the 10 commandments as well. Think how much you could raffle those off for at the democratic national convention.

mrmustang 10-14-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul F (Post 1367147)
The VIN tag was already cut out of the one being raffled.

Here is the "Cobra" VIN tag the OP sent me

http://i46.tinypic.com/2pt2dlx.jpg

Clearly, the guys you sent in to the water found some truly amazing cars at the bottom, but failed to find the Cobra I dragged out before they got there :p. Perhaps they found a "Ace" %/, you know they all look the same. :LOL:

Bill S.

Paul F 10-14-2015 02:41 PM

Speaking of the 10 commandments... I didn't want to mention this, but you must have some sort of paranormal powers. In the items we found in the quarry was a stone tablet that was broken up in several pieces. It has 5 statements on it. Our archaeological expert has dated it to the time of Moses.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48hr8HhDv0[/ame]

Paul F 10-14-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1367163)
Here is the "Cobra" VIN tag the OP sent me

Clearly, the guys you sent in to the water found some truly amazing cars at the bottom, but failed to find the Cobra I dragged out before they got there :p. Perhaps they found a "Ace" %/, you know they all look the same. :LOL:

Bill S.

Wow! That's amazing! You can't dispute evidence like that. So there was more than one Cobra in the quarry. Nice work.

RodKnock 10-14-2015 02:48 PM

Bill, that could be a 1965 GT350R model, because I do see a 5 and an R. I think that "C" just means "Cobra Engine." :LOL:

Bernica 10-14-2015 06:22 PM

And the tag says "Ford" on it and "Vehicle Warranty Number".
Just keeps getting better!;)

LMH 10-14-2015 07:07 PM

That's a Mustang vin plate.
Larry

twobjshelbys 10-14-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 1367219)
That's a Mustang vin plate.
Larry

Yes it is absolutely a Mustang VIN plate and the VIN is obfuscated, clearly photoshop blurring. Amazing that the VIN didn't survive but the warranty card number did. I would wager that Kevin Marti could do a reverse lookup.

It is NOT the Shelby tag that was attached to the GT350?GT500 by Shelby American. This could be just a regular 65 Mustang. "Cobra" was used very loosely here.

Why didn't he post the picture directly? It doesn't matter. Not a Cobra.

LMH 10-14-2015 09:14 PM

Like this:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...tent-plate.jpg

Larry

fordracing65 10-14-2015 09:18 PM

So is it a SCAM or not:confused:,,, I want to win...

LMH 10-14-2015 09:24 PM

So it's a 65 fastback, assembled in San Jose, CA. It came with a 289 V8 with two barrel carb. Not much Cobra about it.
Larry

Paul F 10-14-2015 09:41 PM

Baloney, You guys are faking up data about VIN plates just to mislead people that want to get in on this. Mr. Mustang knows his plates. He wouldn't try to fool us.

Don't let them fool you. This Cobra is gold!

By the way, the Cobra found near Everest was taken down to 15,000' thawed out and washed off. It turned out not to be a real Cobra, so they left it there. Once again, I had the story wrong about my buddies Cobra find. His was at the bottom of Lake Titicaca. It took a 200 ton crane to lift it out. No one knows how it got there, but it is suspected that Ancient Aliens traveled to the future and tried to bring back a Cobra to the past because it was such a cool car. But their time machine went bad and they had to drop it just before going back in time.

Jaydee 10-14-2015 09:44 PM

So if he didn't drill the rivets, how did he cut it out under water?
These scammer don't care, as long as 1 in a 1000 people believe it, they still make money.:mad:
JD

RodKnock 10-14-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee (Post 1367248)
So if he didn't drill the rivets, how did he cut it out under water?
These scammer don't care, as long as 1 in a 1000 people believe it, they still make money.:mad:
JD

He used an underwater blow torch. :LOL:

Dominik 10-15-2015 09:10 AM

The 400 ton crane is needed because the car is buried under the Suharto Gold!
Dirk Pitt is on it...

ShelbyLuva 12-05-2015 05:15 PM

When I win this, I will be the one laughing, even if it costs me a flight to Nigeria and a large bribe when I need to get this thing through customs. You see, this VIN tag belonged to the 49,398th car off that San Jose asssembly line in 1965. And there was only one of those made compared to the 998 original Cobras you guys so covet. If the average Cobra is a million bucks and this is 998 times more rare, then the actual value of this car is $998,000,000. The guy in Nigeria told me so.

Nedsel 12-05-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelbyLuva (Post 1373798)
When I win this, I will be the one laughing, even if it costs me a flight to Nigeria and a large bribe when I need to get this thing through customs. You see, this VIN tag belonged to the 49,398th car off that San Jose asssembly line in 1965. And there was only one of those made compared to the 998 original Cobras you guys so covet. If the average Cobra is a million bucks and this is 998 times more rare, then the actual value of this car is $998,000,000. The guy in Nigeria told me so.

Isn't it heartwarming - especially at this time of the year - when the best in people is revealed, and true brilliance just comes right out? It gives me a nice warm feeling. %/