Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Not into cars,
Not Ranked     
Default Original Shellby Found in quarry - VIN for sale

I dont collect cars and honestly not into cars at all. I do however enjoy scuba diving and have been scuba diving since 1983. I am a technical scuba diver which means I enjoy the deep, the dark and the ice, the wrecks and the quarries. For years I have hear rumors of an Original being stolen and ditched in a quarry in the Uxbridge MA area. Some years ago a very well off man spent over $16,000 to install a road to one of the quarries and paid a search team to search that quarry, they did not find it. Well there are many quarries in this area and yes by todays access to the first quarry closest to the road one would think that is where the car was, but after doing some research and looking at topo maps from many years past one could see that there was an old driveway into the quarry area, I talked with some older locals from that town that business is in fact digging and one showed me where the old road went, and where the old drive way went in, he also said when he was younger this is where folks would dump there cars. Well I set out to dive this remote quarry and where he said, and sure enough on the first dive I found a pile of cars that had been dumped.. After a many dives and the use of some lift bags to dig thru the pile I found the shellby.. The quarry was heavily shaded and no fish, thus low oxygen levels, bad for the fish but good to help slow rust and decay. Any way the car itself is in very rough shape and I don't believe hoisting it out in one piece is possible. I did how ever find and cut off the VIN number. Its not in the greatest shape but it can still be read. Some one told that this VIN number is worth a lot of money to the right person with deep pockets, I dont know this person, and to be honest I think that tryng to sell this find to the highest bidder is not right to the guys who build kit cars and hopes to have one like the Original. So here is how I would like to sell it to make it fair to all. I am going to raffle it off, I am only going to sell 100 raffle tickets and the cost for each ticket is $500. No one can buy or will be allowed to buy more then three tickets. One can buy a ticket by western union. I have already sold 13 tickets and still have 87 for sale, since I only sold 13 tickets in the past three weeks is the reason for posting this thread in and effect to sell the rest and raffle it off quickly. If your interested please message me. Like I said I scuba dive and dont have an interest in cars so the sooner this happens the happier all will will be
Old 10-12-2015, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Interested in a few tickets.I am sure I know a few more guys that would be interested But need to see a pic of the tag. Sent ya a PM.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 10-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh, sorry. BTW the quarry is in Uxbridge MA. I live in providence RI, but used to live in Douglas MA, right next to uxbridge till two years ago. my email is butchgood2269@gmail.com because I am not into cars so I really wont be checking this forum for replies or messages. So email is the best and only way to reach me. Thanks guys and good luck
Old 10-12-2015, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

lol
while you're down there, can u dig up Jimmy Hoffa's skull and james dean's spyder?
Old 10-12-2015, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: 31XX Car
Not Ranked     
Default Salvage find?

While it would be interesting from a historical perspective to know the details of what you are referring to, the tag you claim to have may be worthless and quite possibly even a liability. There is a good chance the rights to the car still belong to the owner at the time it was stolen or their insurance company. Trying to sell a stolen vehicle or parts of it does not go over well with authorities. Also, some states have laws that prohibit trying to sell an ID tag without the car...
Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Gosh....I really wanted to have an original "Shellby"

Only 87 tickets left, Geez I have NO chance at all. And pray tell who bought these "thirteen sold tickets" when this has not been previously disclosed?

Western Union??????....could you possibly have written "SCAM" in bigger letters?
Attached Images

Jaydee likes this.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 10-12-2015 at 05:55 PM..
Old 10-12-2015, 06:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark iv View Post
western union??????....could you possibly have written "scam" in bigger letters?
SCAM!!!

How was that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_diver View Post
Oh, sorry. BTW the quarry is in Uxbridge MA. I live in providence RI, but used to live in Douglas MA, right next to uxbridge till two years ago. my email is butchgood2269@gmail.com because I am not into cars so I really wont be checking this forum for replies or messages. So email is the best and only way to reach me. Thanks guys and good luck

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 10-12-2015, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

I don't see how the vin tag can be worth much without title/registration. Anyone can buy a blank Shelby/AC vin tag and stamp any number they want on it. If the car is a true original with a CSX vin, that number would eventually become known to the Shelby Cobra community, and I suspect a lawsuit would follow, initiated by the last owner, their estate, or insurance carrier, if it was insured. I think a safer path to follow would be to research the vin to determine its legal status and try for a finders fee or salvage rights to whatever you can bring up.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Come on guys, don't you recognize a scam when you see one? Well crafted, targeted to a specific audience. Send your money by Western Union. Probably to someone in Nigeria.

Post a picture of the tag to prove me wrong.
Blue66 and BigGuy like this.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ned... Thoughts?
Larry
Old 10-12-2015, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You guys are no fun

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 10-12-2015, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Not Ranked     

Guys, He hasn't even clarified if it is a Cobra or a Shelby (Mustang) that he is talking about.
Clearly a case of nitrogen narcosis here
Total BS, end of story!
Move on, nothing else to see here...
Old 10-12-2015, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: 31XX Car
Not Ranked     
Default Scam

Yes, total BS. I emailed him and the reply didn't include any information other than who to send a money order to
Old 10-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

This had me in tears while I read it! Sure beats the hell out of the BS the Evan and Rodknock write.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I live in Providence RI, just twenty minutes from the quarry.. I dont know cars and dont the difference from one cobra from another.. I am an ironworker by day and currently work on a building in Mashpee MA, down by Cape Cod. On the way home few weeks ago I stopped by a kit car maker just over the bridge off of rt 195 across from a brand new walmart. one guy lead to another guy and etc and that was how the first 13 tickets sold... I dont know how many of those cars were made or sold or where, but I am told there was not a lot of them, should be easy for you guys that follow and are unto these cars to see if one is un accounted for and lost in the 1970 in uxbridge ma
Old 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_diver View Post
I live in Providence RI, just twenty minutes from the quarry.. I dont know cars and dont the difference from one cobra from another.. I am an ironworker by day and currently work on a building in Mashpee MA, down by Cape Cod. On the way home few weeks ago I stopped by a kit car maker just over the bridge off of rt 195 across from a brand new walmart. one guy lead to another guy and etc and that was how the first 13 tickets sold... I dont know how many of those cars were made or sold or where, but I am told there was not a lot of them, should be easy for you guys that follow and are unto these cars to see if one is un accounted for and lost in the 1970 in uxbridge ma
The BS has gotten over the top of my boots.

Post a picture of the tag.

Until then noone is going to just send you money.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

The coolest part of the story to me is the raffle ticket idea. First, there is no way to tell how many tickets with the same number might be sold. And second, since no one is expecting to win, no one is likely to call it a scam when they don't win. Very clever.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 10-12-2015, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh darn, I thought I was going to win a vin!
Larry
Old 10-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Cobra diver,
DON'T SELL the remaining tickets!
As soon as my Nigerian prince friend pays me for giving him my checking account number, I'll have plenty of money to buy the lot.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pipes View Post
This had me in tears while I read it! Sure beats the hell out of the BS the Evan and Rodknock write.
I needed that laugh...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: