14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     
Default lots of original Shelby parts on ebay

Go to ebay and search assessories for original shelby cobra. Wipers, tri-wings, etc.
John
Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Cobra re-creation based on Kirkham aluminum body and chassis, Original 1965 Ford 427 Side Oiler and Ford Toploader transmission
Not Ranked     

Yep all this is being sold by the guy that painted my car.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

WOW! Nice car.
John
Old 07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Just a quick report. Prices compared to Finishlines top quality and OEM stuff. Latches and straps $143 sold for $338, license plate light $26 sold for $127.50, wiper arms and blades $33 sold for $279, Ashtray $49 sold for $112.50, manual $14 sold for $152.50, and almost as ridiculous as the $1200 set of hardware is the two pokey little windsheild escutcheon plates and rubbers in lousy condition $32 sold for $482 dollars. This is absolutely ridiculous and I feel a little better after venting about it.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Cobra re-creation based on Kirkham aluminum body and chassis, Original 1965 Ford 427 Side Oiler and Ford Toploader transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate
Just a quick report. Prices compared to Finishlines top quality and OEM stuff. Latches and straps $143 sold for $338, license plate light $26 sold for $127.50, wiper arms and blades $33 sold for $279, Ashtray $49 sold for $112.50, manual $14 sold for $152.50, and almost as ridiculous as the $1200 set of hardware is the two pokey little windsheild escutcheon plates and rubbers in lousy condition $32 sold for $482 dollars. This is absolutely ridiculous and I feel a little better after venting about it.
Yes some amazing prices. The gentleman selling these parts is the painter that did the paint for my car. In fact, he was nice enough to give me 2 original Lucas headlights for my car as a gift. He has many original parts and for some has received some prices that are very high. The prices in this current set of auctions was ridiculous but I am not surprized. I am most amazed by the windshild plates and rubber. I do however think that the set of hardware was worth every penny. Not only is it from an original car but includes the vin stamped latch hardware from CSX3342. The best thing for this particular part would be to sell it to the owner of 3342 and I think it would easily bring $1200.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm sure it's not the case but I can buy a stamp set for $30 and make a set of latches worth how much? I do hope that stuff like that finishes up back in the right place, that would almost justify the price I agree. I have heard of mismatched hardware to #'s so that would explain why some of that stuff was out there.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Car-specific items, like those serialized latches...should only go to the rightful owner of that s/n. Any other location will only result in bad karma for the new latch owner.

Most of those prices were really 'nutso'... it reflects the current trends, though.

Rare, original parts belong with the rare original cars.

Having generic 60's vintage stuff on a replica is cool (I should know... ), but...
...it only adds to the fantasy, but does not bestow any particular DNA on the replica.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsd
---Not only is it from an original car but includes the vin stamped latch hardware from CSX3342. The best thing for this particular part would be to sell it to the owner of 3342 and I think it would easily bring $1200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks
Car-specific items, like those serialized latches...should only go to the rightful owner of that s/n. Any other location will only result in bad karma for the new latch owner.

Most of those prices were really 'nutso'... it reflects the current trends, though.

Having generic 60's vintage stuff on a replica is cool (I should know... ), but...
...it only adds to the fantasy, but does not bestow any particular DNA on the replica.

I don't think that whether or not CSX3342 has its original latches affects its collector value, possible sale. It's an original car, and whether it has reproduction latches, seats, engine, tranny, wheels, windshield, gauges, battery, etc will affect its value much. If CSX3342 is all original except for its latches, then they may be of value for $1200 to the owner, but I wouldn't be surprised if the owner doesn;t care.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 07-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
I don't think that whether or not CSX3342 has its original latches affects its collector value...
Not these days, since apparently not having the original body doesn't seem to affect it either......

But, the original serialized parts do enhance it's "originality" to the detailer.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 210 / CSX 4323
Not Ranked     

can someone post the link to the latches...I can't find them with a search. thx.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

...they were part of an assortment of "427 Cobra hardware"

Item: 160130568603
Attached Images

Last edited by computerworks; 07-04-2007 at 07:23 AM..
Old 07-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

My question is, if someone other than the owner if CSX3342 is selling the parts off of CSX3342, how did he get them.

Terry
Old 07-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Restorer, repainter.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist
My question is, if someone other than the owner if CSX3342 is selling the parts off of CSX3342, how did he get them.

Terry
Many years ago he was involved with the restoration and I think also the sale of the car.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Why would he keep the parts and not restore them and put them back on the car. I guess if the owner of CSX3342 told him to keep them, then that would be his buisness but if I was the owner of an origional Cobra and had it restored of repainted I would not tell them to keep all of the hardware and such. JMHO

Terry
Old 07-04-2007, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist
Why would he keep the parts and not restore them and put them back on the car. I guess if the owner of CSX3342 told him to keep them, then that would be his buisness but if I was the owner of an origional Cobra and had it restored of repainted I would not tell them to keep all of the hardware and such. JMHO

Terry
I believe the car was not being restored for a customer but was owned by the people working on the car and then sold. There were extra parts that were not on the car. I do not know the details but I do know there was some type of disagreement about the extra parts coming with the car during the sale. You would think they should have gone with the car but for some reason they did not. Especially the stamped latches. I could find out the specifics but have not inquired on the details. I only met Doug once when we reviewed the paint for my car. The person that has done the build/restoration work on my car is independent from this person that is the painter. I think the general feeling is that the stamped items should have stayed with the original car without question but I am sure there is some detail to the reason that Doug helpd onto these parts.

Last edited by richsd; 07-04-2007 at 10:17 AM..
Old 07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I guess it is all personal preferance. If it were my car and I was having it restored or if I owned a restoring buisness and restored my own car, I would keep it all together. But that is the way that I would do it. To each there own I guess.

Terry
Old 07-04-2007, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I tried to get those original comp wires. Once it passed my price range, my brother tried to be nice and get them for me. Unfortunately, whomever won them wanted them more.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

You did the right thing...as much as I want a set of tan wires too, I just passed on it.

Two reasons:
1. with the concurrent sales, I knew the price would be insane.

2. (more important)... You and I have worked on cars all our lives, right? Have you ever taken a set of plug wires off and tossed them in a box... when they were good? Think about it....

Old 07-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Quote:
You did the right thing...as much as I want a set of tan wires too, I just passed on it.

Two reasons:
1. with the concurrent sales, I knew the price would be insane.

2. (more important)... You and I have worked on cars all our lives, right? Have you ever taken a set of plug wires off and tossed them in a box... when they were good? Think about it....

Bingo