Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up ALL Cobras invited to Huntington Beach Cruise-In 4/23

Factory Five is hosting the Huntington Beach Cruise-In at the Pier Plaza this Saturday, April 23rd, 2011.

While this has traditionally been a Factory Five Event, I have spoken with Dave Smith and received his approval to extend an invitation to any make Cobra - replica, continuation or original - to join us celebrate the SoCal Cobra experience.

Any non Factory Five owner that registers via their website Factory Five Racing*::*Fun Stuff*::*Sign-Up for 2011 Huntington Beach Cruise-In or on the day of the show, will be eligible for any non-FFR specific award!

This invitation is made in the spirit of community, which is the driving force of this event. We have over 80 cars signed up already, but have room for more!

Won't you please come, and join us as we celebrate spring in So-Cal?

Sincerely,

David Hodgkins, Organizer
2011 Factory Five Huntington Beach Cruise-In
Old 04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft - Roush 427SRX
Not Ranked     

So I can sign up and show up in my Backdraft Cobra and I won't catch any flack from all the factory five guys? Never taken my car to any kind of event like this - sounds like fun and interested to see so many cobra's in one place.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jesseasi,

That is absolutely what I'm saying. The vast majority will be FFR's, but as Dave has told me personally, the event going forward should celebrate the community, not just Factory Five.

I hope to see you there!

Last edited by CNGreen; 04-21-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I took my SPF last year and was warmly received.

I actually won a FFR beanie to replace the "Shelby" cap I was wearing. I think the drawing was fixed!

They are a great bunch of guys, and it would give you non FFR owners a chance to compare your cars to about 100 hand assembled cars.

It would be a hoot if 50, or so, "other makes" showed up. It's a great venue to see and be seen and to meet a whole new bunch of enthusiasts next to the pier at huntington beach. If you can make it, do so. It's your only chance to park all day at the beach in huntington for that price.

Last edited by jhv48; 04-21-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPO2820 408W; former ERA CCX 3-3408 owner
Not Ranked     
Default Only car shows I go to are free.... Like Cars & Coffee

Nice gesture and I would otherwise attend but I won't pay money ($40.00) to put my car on display at a car show. Never have, never will.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsullivan View Post
Nice gesture and I would otherwise attend but I won't pay money ($40.00) to put my car on display at a car show. Never have, never will.
I understand this sentiment completely, but the goodie bag is pretty cool. Take a look at the sponsors page or hint at what it contains:
What's New

Can't say we're giving away free brakes, but the $40 sting is reduced with some of the cool givaways.

If you don't want to bring your car though, that's cool. Just come by and say hello. It'll be a good time.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

It's not a car show. It's a gathering of cobras (and a few 33 hot rods and gtms) where everyone hangs out and enjoys the beach and company of fellow enthusiasts.

If that's not your bag, then don't attend.

And, for those of you that have never really examined a whole bunch of FFR cars up close, you will be surprised at how well this bunch of cars are constructed. They always amaze me.

It's worth the $40 just to be able to park all day next to the pier and view the scenery. It is spring break, remember!

Last edited by jhv48; 04-21-2011 at 05:54 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok I am signed up I think. Went to the factory five link and paid the 40 bucks.

Not sure if I was supposed to give any other information.

Looking forward to this.

There will be at least one Backdraft Cobra in the mix......
Old 04-21-2011, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I have some more details about the signups and open awards categories.

Please try to sign up BEFORE 5PM EST FRIDAY 4/22 so that the results can be forwarded to the crew coming out to the west coast.

SIGNUPS ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW are not guaranteed do to limited space so PLEASE, try to sign up before 5pm Friday.

The following categories have been opened up to ALL COMERS!:

Best Use of Chrome
Best Paint
Best Engine
Best Interior/Details
Most Innovative Design
Highest Accrued Mileage

I realize this is last minute, and it is MY fault. I had discussed this earlier with Dave Smith and I dropped the ball. If this is too short of notice I apologize! We will make sure to give everyone proper notice next year!

I do hope that if you are in So-Cal you can make it to Huntington Beach this Saturday for some fun in Surf City!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     

Guys you got a good chance on winning something!!!!!
I got a pair of Koni shocks a few years back!
The other two guys in my caravan won something too:

One : Best Paint, the other, a bucket full of Mothers Car Care products. Funny, all of us were from NorCal...... ;-)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsullivan View Post
It is a shame, there are plenty of us that would love to have as many manufacturer represented at the show. Try looking at it this way, it's $40 to park you car at the pier pavilion and enjoy the company of 100 or so that share your interest it cars. If you don't want to bring your Cobra, that's OK too the show is free for spectators. But if you park in one of the adjoining lots or on the street you'll probably pay $10 for parking for your daily driver. Come either way and check it out. Frank
Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     

^^^
That's really what it is all about...just a bunch of gear-heads getting together to share ideas, experiences and meeting people outside the virtual world of the internet . Think of this as a special cost for "corral" parking; no regular Prius or SUV will be able to park next to you.

The only real thing about these cars is people want to touch them so if you don't want them to, be sure to have a sign made up today that says NO TOUCHING (or NO STANDING ON THE EXHAUST PIPE).
Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Try for those who may have missed it. Hope see you tomorrow...

Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wanted to post a thank you for those non-FFR's who made the event! I believe there were 6-7 of you and I'm sure everyone made you feel right at home!

Next year I PROMISE to give better notice! There are lots of pics posted in the So-Cal section of the FFCars forum (not sure if I'm allowed to post a link) asa well as a cool youtube of the moment of thunder.

Again, thanks for coming; hope you had a GREAT time, and see you next year!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 SPF 1172 418W/518hp
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for HB show

CNGreen,
As a local HB Cobra owner, it was nice to have a large show in our town. Owning a Superformance, I thank you and the group for feeling welcome.
Alot of very nice cars.
Look forward to next year's show
S Thornton
Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #168 427W 66+K miles and counting
Not Ranked     

CNGreen:

That was a lot of fun. I wasn't feeling well so I had to leave early, but it was a hoot to be there!

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt"
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF roush 402
Not Ranked     

Yes thank you for inviting us non FFR’s, I didn’t bring my SPF but I did walk around, lot’s of fun seeing some nice cars in the hood.
What was the aluminum body car there, it had some green fenders..? Did you guys see it?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

That was a Kirkham body fitted to a Factory Five frame. From what I've been told, it was a LOT of work!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks a lot guys.

I was very happy to see 6-7 non-FFR's join in the fun!

Bill, I've been following the Kirkham-FFR for quite a while now; It was great to see paint on it! I don't think the builder Sean has gotten enough recognition for the amount of work that has gone into that build.

David~
Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Want to give the Factory Five guys a big Thank you!

This was the first event I have taken my Backdaft Cobra. We had a great time, the weather was perfect, the people super nice, and it was great seeing so many Cobra's at one place - next to the beach no less!

I have gotten over the embarrassment of my backdraft not starting - what are the chances the starter would give out - especially when you are at an event sponsored by Factory Five with a Backdraft car. Super big thanks to Scott and Dave who helped me get started so I could make it back home.

I took a bunch of pictures but not sure if I am allowed to post links. But here goes - https://picasaweb.google.com/1117946...eat=directlink

Thanks again!