Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Texas Track Day & Concorso

Hey everyone, long time no talk. My name is Brian Hamilton and I was the Sales & Marketing Manager at Motion Dynamics in Pflugerville, TX. We had quite a few of you guys come out to our dyno day a year or so ago. Well Motion Dynamics has since closed it's doors due to the dead economy. I have persued other employment as a Real Estate Agent, but still am a hardcore car guy.

I've been thinking of putting together a track day to have all my friends come out and play. Well I decided to get after it and use it to kinda promote my new Real Estate Business, kinda. It's more of an excuse to play cars and write it off as a business expense. LOL

Well, I have an associate who is a motorcycle instructor and frequents Motorsport Ranch. He got me in contact with the owner and he sent me to a place called APEX Driving Academy. They handle corporate track days for Motorsport Ranch. I was thinking about putting together a big track day for the GT40's club, a local Mustang Club I'm pretty active in, and of course you can't have a bunch of hot Ford's out there without some Cobra's now can you? I would love to invite the Cobra Club out to the event as well. What do you guys think? Here's the information I have so far...

- June 6th 2009
- $195 per person for the full day (normally $210)
- At least 4 20 minute track sessions
- Free show & shine (Yes, free if you just want to show and not race!!)
- Entire event is sponsored by RUF Porsche
- Helmets required for track time and instructors on hand for noobs

I am just trying to get initial interest at the moment. I will post up the official information and all that stuff when I get it from APEX. Let me know what ya'll think and how many of you are interested and would like to go. If you have any questions, please PM me or shoot me an email.

Laters,

Brian

brian@uchotre.com (email)
Old 04-21-2009, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Official Release...

Ruf Auto Centre and the Apex Driving Academy Dallas are excited to present the sixth annual TexasTrack and Concorso for all driver skill levels featuring the world-renowned performance Porsches by RUF on Saturday, June 6 2009.

Activities will include (1) high performance on-track driver’s education for all skill levels from novice to licensed racer; (2) a “fun” Concours for all special interest and exotic cars of all years; (3) lunch time track touring; and (4) limited on-track passenger excursions in Ruf and other exotics.

Apex Driving Academy is pleased to introduce the Ruf Auto Centre as the title sponsor for this event. Ruf not only builds some of the worlds fastest and most distinctive Porsche automobiles, it also sells and services all makes of special interest, exotic and race vehicles.

The Track & Concorso is NOT LIMITED TO PORSCHE OWNERS.
Regardless of the make of your exotic or sports car,
you are welcome to take advantage of this rare opportunity.

This event is open to the general public for viewing.

Location: MotorSport Ranch, Cresson, Texas 76035. Please visit www.motorsportranch.com for more information on the facility and driving directions.

Track: MotorSport Ranch 1.7 mile track, Counterclockwise

Date: June 6, 2009, from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Drivers Education: Apex Driving Academy will be conducting a full day of on track activities for drivers of all levels. For more information or to register go to www.apexdrivingacademy.com.

Cost: $195 for drivers education. Concorso “Show ‘N Shine” is free of charge. During the lunch hour we will have no charge, slow, controlled parade laps for everyone of all ages to experience the feel of the racetrack.

Fore more information please visit:
www.rufautocentre.com

To register for on-track driving, please go to
www.apexdrivingacademy.com

Let me know who all will be able to come. I'd love to have a nice group of Fords to come in play with the Porsche guys.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

So who all would like to go? I am currently working with a Mustang club in Austin to organize a cruise to the track. Anyone who would like to cruise with us, please let me know. I think it would be a great time for everyone.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We're just over a month away. Anyone interested? I know we need to get people signed up for the track time. Let me know who's all interested.

Thanks again,

Brian Hamilton
Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just another bump fellas. Anyone interested in this at all?

Let me know!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Any track time would have to involve FAST Controlled, catch me if you can timed laps.
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hehe. I know what you mean, but it still promises to be a good time!